The best cases and accessories for iPhone X!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Re: iPhone X Cases

I got a Black silicone as the Black leather i got had streaks across the back and seemed very slippery, so returned it and Apple gave me the silicone for free.
It's just a dust and lint and everything else magnet but the case has good grip and fits well.
So ordered the Black Sena and arrived yesterday. It has mute switch cut out not right and hard to use, lip higher at top than bottom, the bottom sides bow out and has waves when you look along the edges.
They are refunding after i sent a photo of the case cut in half ;)
So not sure what to do now get another Apple leather or the UAG Monarch MB which i liked on the 8 i had.

This is Sena's response below so may be worth holding off if anyone is considering it for now.

We have the lip tapering issue being addressed and is due to the tuck and fold wrap design we switched to instead of the edge sealing. This has caused an additional couple of mm of thickness which is lifting the body of the device higher at the bottom.

Please send a photo on the mute hole cutout as this has not been an issue.

We can go ahead an send a replacement but we need to hear back from qc on the current stock to see if this is a one in twenty type issue or one in five which will require new revised stock to be completed.

The leather are usually slippery for me for about a week until they break in and the hand oils absorbs in.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

The leather are usually slippery for me for about a week until they break in and the hand oils absorbs in.

It was more the streaks on the back for the exchange and i didn't have it for a week, so you could be right. The last 3 apple leather cases i have got were the same.
Might give it another try, or get the UAG but its bigger which was ok on my 8 but trying to keep my X as small as possible.

Black i can get local or Cosmos Blue from Apple?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

It was more the streaks on the back for the exchange and i didn't have it for a week, so you could be right. The last 3 apple leather cases i have got were the same.
Might give it another try, or get the UAG but its bigger which was ok on my 8 but trying to keep my X as small as possible.

You can get any color made from Apple. I always buy from them since target or B.B. usually only carries a color or two in store.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

When I buy them in an Apple store, I open up the box and make sure the case is good -- that the phone fits properly, that the edges line up correctly and that the leather is streak/scratch free. I've had a couple where I had them immediately get me a new one, and they have no issue doing that (or at least I haven't had an issue).

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

When I buy them in an Apple store, I open up the box and make sure the case is good -- that the phone fits properly, that the edges line up correctly and that the leather is streak/scratch free. I've had a couple where I had them immediately get me a new one, and they have no issue doing that (or at least I haven't had an issue).

I do too. But i purposely got streaks on my midnight blue. I think it adds character. Some may not like it but I did on the midnight blue. First one I opened on cosmos blue looked great. So I don’t even try anymore. I didn’t want streaks on this one.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

I would too but its a 6 hours drive ;)

scarr2k

Oct 31, 2017
Visit site

Gotta say I'm loving the Speck Presidio Grip (Blue/Black). Great case, with awesome grip (go figure) and doesn't add much bulk. I've tried out the Spigen Ultra Hybrid, Otterbox Symmetry and Apple Silicone along with the Speck Grip and so far My favorites are the Spigen and Speck Grip. Sent the Otterbox Symmetry back since I didn't feel like it felt any better than the Spigen and was double the cost and it seemed to scratch easily on the back casing.

Awaiting the Rhinoshield Mod which should arrive on Monday. Always been a fan of the Rhionshield (previously used Playproof's) so hoping this one doesn't disappoint.

For those interested in the Spigen Ultra Hybrid I ran across this on eBay for a lot less than anywhere else. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...28&mpre=https://www.ebay.com/itm/302513561653

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I ended up getting the iOttie wireless car holder/charger, bit slow to charge hopefully the update to fast charging works, its great on long trip did 2000 km's this week, good holder and works well with FID at right angle, fits all cases which is good.
Have been using the Brodit holders and a cable for probably 8 years so this is a good change, better viewing position and doesn't get in the way, have it mounted on dash right of steering wheel, yes right hand drive here in Aus:) But i have a JEEP ;)

tica02

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

I’m all about the loopy in matte black plus their screen protector. Makes the phone so much easier to hold onto and it’s not super bulky.
Unfortunately I have to take the case off to use the wireless charger but that’s only at night so it works :)
Their screen protector has the circles over the cameras but fits the phone perfect with no lint. It’s a 3d protector. Love it.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

I’m all about the loopy in matte black plus their screen protector. Makes the phone so much easier to hold onto and it’s not super bulky.
Unfortunately I have to take the case off to use the wireless charger but that’s only at night so it works :)
Their screen protector has the circles over the cameras but fits the phone perfect with no lint. It’s a 3d protector. Love it.

Had Loopys in past and always liked them. I don’t personally feel for this size of phone it would be beneficial for me however. Like their cases and company though. Genius idea.

Today I received this awesome “Tech21” case. It’s clearly a fake, but pretty decent one for the monies 🤷🏼*♂️🤨

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...pre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/152760801143

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

Received my Under Armour Protect Verge case today. Hard to see, but there is a blue dot pattern on the back. Nice compromise between protection, style and not losing the look of the phone completely.

lXQJeCo.jpg

N9lbYho.jpg

paddycan

Nov 17, 2017
Visit site
I like Otterbox Symmetry clear case and Spigen GLAStR Slim premium tempered glass screen protector

Attachments

• IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0259.jpg
    IMG_0259.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member