The best cases and accessories for iPhone X!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
iPhone X Cases

Okay, I finally caught up with the pictures. So first I bought a clear Otterbox Symmetry,

0fc195b9a95b6a0af06af7b41f4dd9f5.jpg

4f3d08fc41dcd2feb8cea399b36590ac.jpg

dd692bba18f5a7d2b886486fccf108f3.jpg

Then my silver Peel case came in,

7ac04206557de617662eb8ded7c8903c.jpg

2497fff4d88af7e7cbce30f9fefbb3fb.jpg

13f373742ad92c034c26f9fd3a56a62f.jpg

I’m currently using the Symmetry while I await other cases to arrive. Those should be an Armor-X, Lumion Diamont, Mous Limitless (assuming they keep their word), Cover-Up Woodback Explorer in Mahogany, and Silk Innovations Base Grip. You can probably expect my reviews of the Symmetry and Peel to be live in a day or two. My Symmetry review also has a review of my Pure.Gear HD tempered glass screen protector. And of course I’ll be getting Rhinoshield at some point.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the silicone version and like the color a lot. Curious how the leather wears over time.

Me too. If it wears as well as the saddle brown leather I had for my 6s Plus I’ll be happy. If it just turns black like my midnight blue case I’ll stop using it.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Me too. If it wears as well as the saddle brown leather I had for my 6s Plus I’ll be happy. If it just turns black like my midnight blue case I’ll stop using it.

Understood about the midnight blue. Mine did the same!
Not sure I would want a color like this to wear tho. The saddle brown seems more natural but the blue, red, etc I would want to keep their color. Guess that’s why I get silicone :) but still curious — maybe it looks good and changes my mind!

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
iPhone X Cases

^I didn’t realize how terrible these pictures were until I uploaded them, lol. Horrible lighting and taken with an iPad mini. This case is really awesome, I swear!

Here’s a stock photo and yes, this is what it actually looks like:

Otterbox Statement
c21f9fbf8bbeb3695956f9fdfc50a027.jpg

Feels solid and great in the hand, really grippy and makes the phone easy to hold.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
iPhone X Cases

Went to get an Apple Leather and got distracted. Yes. I bought it.

Yeah, I can relate to having ‘been there, done that.’ I’m up to 7 cases and counting for the ‘X’ - it’s been like that since the 6 Plus for me :sigh:
Smh, lol...

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Understood about the midnight blue. Mine did the same!
Not sure I would want a color like this to wear tho. The saddle brown seems more natural but the blue, red, etc I would want to keep their color. Guess that’s why I get silicone :) but still curious — maybe it looks good and changes my mind!

Either way you’ll probably buy it just because I have one. #iphonex

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Peel was the first place I went to but they just dont have my color!! I really like thin cases, I ended up just biting the bullet and grabbing the P DuJor lavender, since i was dead set on purple, it was my first choice and now ive seen navy blue, red, and some greens.. oh gosh haha, if i didnt order i probably would just spend all night going back and forth. their pics look really good on the lavender, but peel and totallee are bigger companies though. It'll prob get here with my iphone, here goes! Thanks mom0511 (sorry i cant see your name correctly.)

Remember to post pics when you get it!! I'm interested to hear how they look in person, how shipping was, and if the company seems reliable. I may pick the Mint up if all goes well for you.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: iPhone X Cases

I like that case, so how are the buttons? I really love the way Ringke buttons were, very easy to push!
In fact, I will return cases if they are too hard to push, even if I love everything else about it..

That’s the case that scratched the back of my X - be careful. There wasn’t anything caught in it when I put it on but something got in it and there’s a gouge in my glass and a mark on the case in the same spot.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Evutec carbon fiber!

https://www.evutec.com/products/iph...-karbon-black-for-iphone-x-afix-included.html

My local Target store had it in stock.

They also have in ballistic nylon for ten bucks cheaper. Works great and comes with magnetic mount that clips on AC vent grill in car. Magnet is very strong and phone doesn't move and wireless charging works fine.

Case feels grippy with half the bulk of the otterbox symmetry but does not compromise protection for typical waist to ground drops.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

Want to ask those who've the Apple leather cases. Is it normal that after some time of usage, the case will exhibit marks, patina, etc?

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site

My fiancé’s symmetry case arrived. It’s a beautiful case (I’ll have to ask her if it is having the same watermark issue that other clear cases are showing). It doesn’t add too much to the phone considering the protection it claims it offers. It also allows the phone’s natural look to stand out. I think it is a good balance of protection and aesthetics.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

Want to ask those who've the Apple leather cases. Is it normal that after some time of usage, the case will exhibit marks, patina, etc?

Yes. That's just how leather wears. From what others have said it looks good on the browns, but less so on the more vibrant cases. The black will of course get marks, but the color won't change as much for obvious reasons. I like the look of worn brown leather. Not sure if I'd like a more vibrant case to wear.

Edit: Has anyone that uses leather cases tried putting shoe leather protection on a case? Does it work?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Yes. That's just how leather wears. From what others have said it looks good on the browns, but less so on the more vibrant cases. The black will of course get marks, but the color won't change as much for obvious reasons. I like the look of worn brown leather. Not sure if I'd like a more vibrant case to wear.

Edit: Has anyone that uses leather cases tried putting shoe leather protection on a case? Does it work?

I️ know there are some people that have put leather protection on them & it seems to work to their expectations. I️, for one, love the patina♥️ It’s unnatural for leather to not patina!!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

I️ know there are some people that have put leather protection on them & it seems to work to their expectations. I️, for one, love the patina♥️ It’s unnatural for leather to not patina!!

I personally don't use leather at all, so I don't have a dog in this race. Just asking for others that might not want to see the wear, but I agree aged leather does look better in most cases than new leather.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox