The best cases and accessories for iPhone X!

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: iPhone X Cases

Anyway of getting a snap with the X inside the Mod case? I ordered one also hoping it will ship soon. Best cases IMO.

6f2cfc36d32bc6444e919c03a294e81e.jpg
41d76d06a587bddeafe72ced8bfb649d.jpg

Here ya go. I did have the camera attachment piece in, but took it out do to the wobble it cause when laying down. Will probably put the piece back in once I receive the lens this week.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
So far I have:

Ringke clear case
Rhinoshield mod case with clear back plate, lens adapter, blue mod rim, blue mod buttons.
Have on the way the rhinoshield wide and micro lens, rhinoshield full glass screen. Soon to purchase a apple saddle brown leather and hoping for a mophie battery case.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Went and tried on cases today before work (because I don't have a life) and have some feedback on a couple of them.

Otterbox Symmetry is still my favorite case. I'm not a huge fan of the clear ones because the buttons seem super difficult to push, but they still go on smoothly, not too much fighting to get them on. I'll probably end up getting a solid colored one here shortly if my clear buttons don't break in.

Tried on the Element Rev and gosh it's a nice case. Just no girly colors. I tried it on anyway, and it's nice and snug and super grippy with tactile buttons like the Urban Armor Gear cases. I was a huge fan of the price of $34.99 too, right on par with the UAG Plasma cases. Easy on, and easy off as well. I was so close to carting this one out the door.

Tried on the UAG Plyo...well, TRIED to try on the Plyo. It's super flexible, and supposed to fit like a skin to the phone. Got it. Started putting my phone into it and got three corners on but panicked and backed off when I got to the fourth corner. God dang! That lip was not going over the fourth corner, and if it did I'd probably be the proud owner of a Plyo because I'd be hard pressed to try to get the damn thing off. Tossed that one back on the shelf. Maybe it was just me, but I had this huge sense of foreboding trying to get my phone into it.

Next up was a Speck Presidio Grip, and a Speck Presidio Metallic, which of course fit fine. Easy on, easy off. I appreciate them a lot more because they're not dinner plate sized like the ones for the 7 and 8 Plus. No ugly headphone jack cutout on the bottoms either. Speck is finally moving on, haha. I like Speck, but wanted to try something else.

Which brings me to the Sonix Clear cases. These dang things are short of letting your phone be naked, with a big of cushion around the "bumper" area of the phone. I had one on my 8 Plus, and loved how "naked" my phone felt in them. I ordered another one to go with my Otterbox Symmetry. Call me biased, but I love how tactile and easy to press the buttons are, and the nice, concise port and speaker cutouts. It'll be nice to have this one back in my hand.

Some of the honorable mentions are the Rebecca Minkoff folio, Kate Spade, Vera Bradley, and the Incipio Dualpro, and the Case-Mate Waterfall series cases (black waterfall and glow in the dark to be specific).

LOL, then I went and got a pumpkin spice latte and went to work. Basic. Haha.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

So I bought these 2 cases before I got my iPhone X, but sadly I will return them both.. the Speck candy shell is a glossy finish and didn’t realize it when I purchased it, so I know this will be scratched up on the first day I use it, and the clear Ringke Fusion is also a big favorite of mine, but I used it for a day and noticed there was a water looking spot between the case and iPhone due to the glass back! Now I’m looking for a clear case that won’t have this effect using the case..

2aac978006ec0bdefbfb376dd717e043.jpg

right now I’m using this gorgeous  leather case!

1b6d7ae25ebc2e6f2a96b1b9aca78dd9.jpeg

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Not a fan of the candyshell grip my wife got for hers. It's definitely an X case but the grip lines are horizontal and don't match anything on their site (bought off Amazon "shipped and sold by").

I've never used a speck case before but the hard part goes up so high on this I almost couldn't get it off to put her screen protector on (ESR with an alignment tool so needed to remove the case). I can get Rhino cases off easier than this thing.

songbird

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone use the iOttie wireless car holder, reviews seem good?

I have a few friends who use this one by Mpow:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XC5DRS...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3010401
↪︎ they like the adjustable arm and it fits most smartphones.

I’m personally looking into their newest model:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074N46WY...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3010401
↪︎ plus these by Mpow seem to be highly rated compared to iOttie & cheaper 😉

scarr2k

Oct 31, 2017
Visit site

Picked up a SKECH Echo case which touts as being able to withstand a 15' drop which drew me to it plus its not bad looking being clear and somewhat slimmer. Very excited to use it until of course I got my X on 11/3 and tried to get the thing inside of the case. Probably the hardest one piece case I've ever struggled with to get a phone inside and to the point I felt I was going to break my iPhone X. I almost wonder if they got the specs wrong on this case and made it a little too small. The sides are extremely hard and don't budge AT ALL, along with the corners so no matter which way you try to slide the phone inside, it just doesn't seem seated fully. I finally had enough and sent it back and will wait for my Rhinoshield Mod and in the meantime I'm going to use a Otterbox Symmetry clear.

Last edited:

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Picked up a SKECH Echo case which touts as being able to withstand a 15' drop which drew me to it plus its not bad looking being clear and somewhat slimmer. Very excited to use it until of course I got my X on 11/3 and tried to get the thing inside of the case. Probably the hardest one piece case I've ever struggled with to get a phone inside and to the point I felt I was going to break my iPhone X. I almost wonder if they got the specs wrong on this case and made it a little too small. The sides are extremely hard and don't budge AT ALL, along with the corners so no matter which way you try to slide the phone inside, it just doesn't seem seated fully. I finally had enough and sent it back and will wait for my Rhinoshield Mod and in the meantime I'm going to use a Otterbox Symmetry clear.

That sounds a lot like my wife's Speck that she bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0756T6234?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3010641 this thing doesn't have a grip pattern like anything on their website, the hard sides come up really far, and it's very difficult to get the phone out of it (I've never put it in just took it out to put her screen protector on).

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

That sounds a lot like my wife's Speck that she bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0756T6234?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3010659 this thing doesn't have a grip pattern like anything on their website, the hard sides come up really far, and it's very difficult to get the phone out of it (I've never put it in just took it out to put her screen protector on).

The speck i had been using went on easy and nearly broke my hand trying to get it off. I’ve noticed though that the site doesn’t list any of the candyshell cases anymore. If it isn’t a presidio, they have no advertisements on the website for it.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

The speck i had been using went on easy and nearly broke my hand trying to get it off. I’ve noticed though that the site doesn’t list any of the candyshell cases anymore. If it isn’t a presidio, they have no advertisements on the website for it.

I've never used a Speck before. It that typical of them that they're so hard to get back off?

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

I've never used a Speck before. It that typical of them that they're so hard to get back off?

I’ve never had one that was so difficult. I was using a Grip on my 7+ and never had trouble with it. Not sure what is up with the new ones.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I have a few friends who use this one by Mpow:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XC5DRS...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3010671
↪︎ they like the adjustable arm and it fits most smartphones.

I’m personally looking into their newest model:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074N46WY...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3010671
↪︎ plus these by Mpow seem to be highly rated compared to iOttie & cheaper ??????

Thanks i am in Australia and those and a lot of sellers don't ship here, amazon is coming here soon though.

Have a iOttie on the way for Friday so will see how it goes.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

That’s cute!!

I will not use any case.. I love to use my iPhone X naked only.

This has been me for the most part. The X is lovely naked but then the sparkles got to me & I had to go for it

55cbc25a9d4f0b6488673b1a002e61fb.jpg

It’s so darn girly...I️ love it♥️ Plus it matches my Swarovski Black Swan earrings
1c0ed192781f32a89e59a4ff2d2f72e8.jpg

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

That’s cute!!

This has been me for the most part. The X is lovely naked but then the sparkles got to me & I had to go for it

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171107/55cbc25a9d4f0b6488673b1a002e61fb.jpg
It’s so darn girly...I️ love it♥️ Plus it matches my Swarovski Black Swan earrings
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171107/1c0ed192781f32a89e59a4ff2d2f72e8.jpg

This is next on my list of wants. Did you get it from Swarovski or Verizon? I need it!

I haven’t stopped playing with the Body Glove sequin one since I got it. I absolutely love it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2