The best cases and accessories for iPhone X!

sumiregusa

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Completely in love with my new IPX 256 in Silver! My cases so far:

• Apple Silcone Case (Ultra Violet)
  • Tech21 Evo Check (Smokey Black)
  • Ringke Air Prism (Glitter Grey)
Waiting on some comp'd cases from AT&T to arrive, including the Speck Presidio Grip. I'll check back in when I receive them and share my thoughts.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: iPhone X Cases

My Lifeproof Slam is waiting for me at home when I get there. Can’t wait to try it out.

I’m anxiously awaiting mine to be delivered. I’m working from home so I just need the mail to show up.

Where does the slam fit in in their lineup?

I think the Slam is considered their lowest tier of protection but it still has a drop rating of 6.6 feet. There aren’t any port coverings (or anything for the mute switch).

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

I’m in case nirvana. It’s light, doesn’t add a whole lot of bulk. The clear back is nice to show off the design. This Lifeproof Slam is a slam for me.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
My wife got the Speck presidio grip in the gray/poppy color. Seems pretty nice (other than the color lol). Supposedly has 10ft of drop protection as well. I'm still looking to get a Rhino Mod case setup (maybe for the holidays) especially after Aaron's review on it at Mobile Reviews Eh. Probably black bumper with an extra white trim ring and white buttons and carbon fiber back for it to go with my silver X. The silver X is perfect to do the "Stormtrooper" look with.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

I’m in case nirvana. It’s light, doesn’t add a whole lot of bulk. The clear back is nice to show off the design. This Lifeproof Slam is a slam for me.

I'd be interested to hear how the clear back holds up. That was one of two things I didn't like about the Griffin Adventure I bought for my 7+ with interchangeable clear/smoked backplates. The hard PC scratches really easy. Actually 3 things. Fingerprints, and then the slipperiness on hard surfaces. So those issues are holding me back from thinking about the new LP cases.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

I'd be interested to hear how the clear back holds up. That was one of two things I didn't like about the Griffin Adventure I bought for my 7+ with interchangeable clear/smoked backplates. The hard PC scratches really easy. Actually 3 things. Fingerprints, and then the slipperiness on hard surfaces. So those issues are holding me back from thinking about the new LP cases.

So far. Fingerprints galore. Expected from a clear plastic back though. Also, slippery. Scratches I’ll have to see in a few days. I’m pretty rough on my Lifeproofs because they are designed for it. I’m sure at some point it’ll look like I took a knife to it

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

cff1f4bedfe033e2bf47cc9cd66dcd3d.jpg

Well first batch has arrived! Guess I'll go get a apple leather this weekend.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
iPhone X Cases

Soooo jealous. So, they are shipping now? I looked and it still says pre-order and mid-Nov shipping.

I actually pre-ordered mine the 1st of October and it said to ship the second half of October. I didn't actually receive shipping information until the 31 of October. But the screen protector I ordered for it was I'm shipping process from them by today after ordering last Thursday.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

I actually pre-ordered mine the 1st of October and it said to ship the second half of October. I didn't actually receive shipping information until the 31 of October. But the screen protector I ordered for it was I'm shipping process from them by today after ordering last Thursday.

Ok thanks for the info. I'm debating whether to do the impact protection or try their full coverage glass one that is supposed to be compatible with their cases. I had the impact protection on my 7+ for about 6-7 months and while it was re-assuring the thing was also a fingerprint/grease magnet due to plastic just not being able to be as resistant as glass even though both types are coated for it. Of course even though their plastic is very smooth, it still doesn't feel as smooth and good as glass either. Ugh, decisions decisions.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

My Lifeproof Slam is waiting for me at home when I get there. Can’t wait to try it out.

Ugh. I’m a little disappointed with the Slam. The buttons are so stiff I can barely press them. It really takes a lot of force. I’m debating on switching it out for the Next. Supposedly the buttons on those cases are a lot easier to press. Wish I would’ve looked this up before I ordered haha.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

Ugh. I’m a little disappointed with the Slam. The buttons are so stiff I can barely press them. It really takes a lot of force. I’m debating on switching it out for the Next. Supposedly the buttons on those cases are a lot easier to press. Wish I would’ve looked this up before I ordered haha.

Interesting. I’m not finding them hard to press at all. I’ve never actually enjoyed a case I bought so early in the life of my phone. Hopefully the next works for you. I was going to get that one, but the color options, much like Otterbox and the symmetry, left a lot to be desired.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

Ok thanks for the info. I'm debating whether to do the impact protection or try their full coverage glass one that is supposed to be compatible with their cases. I had the impact protection on my 7+ for about 6-7 months and while it was re-assuring the thing was also a fingerprint/grease magnet due to plastic just not being able to be as resistant as glass even though both types are coated for it. Of course even though their plastic is very smooth, it still doesn't feel as smooth and good as glass either. Ugh, decisions decisions.

Yes that's is the one I ordered was the full glass. Currently using a zerolemon glass and starting to like it compared to tech armor. Tough choices though, but as I was told when I got my first Mac. " Always buy what's gonna give you more bang for your buck"!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh