The best cases and accessories for iPhone X!

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
So two days in I'm really liking the look and feel of my Catalyst case so far. I was torn at first on the more square shape to the sides vs. something like the Rhinoshield that I had been looking at, but the more I look at and use it the more I like that instead of trying to emulate the shape of the phone which in the end always just makes the shape of the phone bigger they decided to change the shape. In this case I think it's a good thing since it feels like it enhances the handling of the phone (better grip/etc.)

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180208/2c91b7b056d3787bde785f6e45a9414d.jpg

I got this clone Caudabe off amazon or eBay other day for a few dollars. Not even real but a clone and it’s a real gem. You can definitely tell Caudabe is what it’s imitating LOL

My Caudabe Synthesis arrived today, Stealth black. I Don't like it.
Compared to the Sheath it feels like a big chunk of cheap plastic from a $2 shop.
Buttons very stiff especially the volume.
Doesn't sit flat on table bit of rock to it.
Slippery back a touch better on sides but no where as good grip as Sheath.
Shows finger prints although stealth black probably helps.
Inside Could be a phone scratcher especially the back.
It may offer a bit more drop protection being so stiff, i dont know.

The Sheath becomes part of the phone and doesn't look cheap, a much better case overall.

Very disappointed.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
My Caudabe Synthesis arrived today, Stealth black. I Don't like it.
Compared to the Sheath it feels like a big chunk of cheap plastic from a $2 shop.
Buttons very stiff especially the volume.
Doesn't sit flat on table bit of rock to it.
Slippery back a touch better on sides but no where as good grip as Sheath.
Shows finger prints although stealth black probably helps.
Inside Could be a phone scratcher especially the back.
It may offer a bit more drop protection being so stiff, i dont know.

The Sheath becomes part of the phone and doesn't look cheap, a much better case overall.

Very disappointed.

Well crap man. Thanks for heads up. Maybe I’ll skip out on that. Sorry you don’t like it. Can you snap a few pics for fun maybe?

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Well crap man. Thanks for heads up. Maybe I’ll skip out on that. Sorry you don’t like it. Can you snap a few pics for fun maybe?

Sure, its a bit hard to tell what i mean by photos, maybe i am just not use to all plastic type cases too as thats what it is.

fullsizeoutput_2382.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2388.jpeg
ZIIM7q7%RiWKifl6k3cH9A.jpg
B9ynYKjIQbidS2q9xh2sZg.jpg

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
So it’s the Sheath you like?

Sure do, its my only case now :)

Have sent them a email; re the buttons and rocker see what they say. The sheath buttons are as good as the Apple leather from memory.

18 days wait for that lol. Need to get a life :)

Wouldn't mind a nice leather but not sure which one.
Looking at Mujjo or 12 South, Sena i got was faulty, Apple too slippery.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Yeah I’d agree, doesn’t look nearly as enticing as their website makes them sound. Sorry mate.

So it’s the Sheath you like? I like this cheepie I got LOL just wish stupid apple logo wasn’t cut out. Debating trying a real one.

Speaking of debating between a real or a fake check out my most recent video about Apple’s Leather Folio on my YouTube channel, TECH-FIGHTER:

https://youtu.be/2dlpgp--hRc

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Sure do, its my only case now :)

Have sent them a email; re the buttons and rocker see what they say. The sheath buttons are as good as the Apple leather from memory.

18 days wait for that lol. Need to get a life :)

Wouldn't mind a nice leather but not sure which one.
Looking at Mujjo or 12 South, Sena i got was faulty, Apple too slippery.

Burkley. Burkley makes amazing leather cases. They even updated some designs. The Sturdy Snap On line has aluminum buttons.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
How was the Sena faulty? Which model did you get? 12 south reviews are questionable.

Was the black one same shape as Apple, it bowed out on ends at the bottom and the edges were up and down when you looked along it, they admitted a fault i forget why they said it happened, but they refunded, made me send photo of it cut in half, was a few months ago.

Just got a 12 Sth Journal for my wife in Cognac, for 8 plus, she loves it very nice leather, why i threw it in.
The Mujjo looks good. Trying to buy something available in Australia as delivery is too long from OS.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Thanks for your message, you mean this one? 50% off at moment.

The camera cutout is large is that a problem?

https://www.burkleycase.com/leather-sturdy-snap-on-case-for-apple-iphone-x-black-waterproof/

This case is great for even the regular price. At 50% off it is an absolute steal! I don’t have a problem with the camera cutout at all. Truth be told I hadn’t even noticed that. Here’s mine:

77bc3d524cbdb62ad8fe906a27613dff.jpg

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Check out what I just snagged for $25 w/free shipping on eBay. I previously had the Crimson but didn’t think it was worth $60 + tax. At $25 it just became a favorite.
62b37dca3a1908f0f2c6fa9739651777.jpg

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Check out what I just snagged for $25 w/free shipping on eBay. I previously had the Crimson but didn’t think it was worth $60 + tax. At $25 it just became a favorite.

Just got a new one off ebay myself for $41AUD :) They retail for $79.95 here.

Last edited:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Just bought the Berry Folio today, after alternating between naked & a Swarovski case since launch. Not sure how I feel about it, but we’ll see. I haven’t been case crazy since my 6 Plus a few years back but it is nice to switch up every now and then. As for the muffling goes, Idk the last time I held a phone up to my ear so I don’t see myself having an issue.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180209/77bc3d524cbdb62ad8fe906a27613dff.jpg

I just don’t know why the leather cases have to leave almost the entire bottom of the phone exposed to get marred up. That keeps me from even ever considered them.

I’ve never had an issue with the bottom being open and I’ve had leather cases for years. I say try it out...you might like it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox