Just received another UAG from eBay. This one is legit, real. Side by side pics with my fake. BTW, also included a pic of the saggy bottom. The real case suffers from it while the fake does not (or at least not nearly on the same level). https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...89c5b8304f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0cf795ab0b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...22ac58648d.jpg
    Even the interior of the fake looks better than the real one.
    03-02-2018 02:50 PM
    I got my new Casetify Impact. I hope it is as good as I’ve heard.
    03-02-2018 04:07 PM
    Just received another UAG from eBay. This one is legit, real. Side by side pics with my fake. BTW, also included a pic of the saggy bottom. The real case suffers from it while the fake does not (or at least not nearly on the same level).
    Does the top on the real seem loose too, mine has a small gap between case and phone top and bottom. Might be hard to see in photos but its there.
    Shame i really want to keep it, maybe it moulds to the phone in time

The best cases and accessories for iPhone X!-aau43ngssa6xpkhom8rqqg.jpgThe best cases and accessories for iPhone X!-ar4dgqieqrow1cahrkdi9g.jpg
    03-02-2018 04:28 PM
    There is, unfortunately these scammers are getting bold and starting to charge very similar to authentic case prices (I’ve reported them to eBay but doubt anything will result from that). I plan on doing a more thorough “how to make sure you’re not getting a fake monarch from eBay“ video here soon because it appears to me many are buying these up thinking they’re authentic. I have no problem recommending buying a fake/replica in certain circumstances such as when prices reflect the lack of authenticity but these morons are trying to get away with selling them at about $45.
    It's not just ebay there is a phone repair and case shop near me that has UAG fakes for most iPhones.
    03-02-2018 04:34 PM
    I sent UAG my photos and description and i got this back?

Thank you for the reply.

Please note, this issue was not discovered in our quality testing of our cases.

It appears you may have received a defective case. As to which we offer a warranty claim for your case up to 10 years for the Monarch case.

Please advise if you would like to proceed with your claim for a replacement case of your choosing.

We look forward to your reply.
    03-02-2018 06:51 PM

Thank you for the reply.

It appears you may have received a defective case. As to which we offer a warranty claim for your case up to 10 years for the Monarch case.

Please advise if you would like to proceed with your claim for a replacement case of your choosing.

That’s such corporate speak. I’ve had nothing but issues with the rubber separating from the plastic on Speck Presido Grip cases and they always say the same thing. I’ve gone though 10 cases that had this issue either from looking at it in store, getting it shipped to me and immediately out of the box or over time. Never seen this issue with any other Speck case yet they claim it’s defective. Their whole line is defective then, lol.
    w00cash1020 likes this.
    03-02-2018 06:55 PM

Thank you for the reply.

They sent me a brand new carbon fiber Monarch and told me to just throw the old one away.
    03-02-2018 07:29 PM
    They sent me a brand new carbon fiber Monarch and told me to just throw the old one away.
    No better? Does it seem loose/saggy at the top too?

I wouldn't mind if it was loose but straight but it sags out top and bottom, maybe the bottom is for swiping to be easy?
    w00cash1020 likes this.
    03-02-2018 07:38 PM
    Does the top on the real seem loose too, mine has a small gap between case and phone top and bottom. Might be hard to see in photos but its there.
    Shame i really want to keep it, maybe it moulds to the phone in time

Yup the top on the authentic case is exactly like yours.

Just received these 3 cases from Ringke. Paid a grand total of $10 shipped (from Amazon) with a coupon code I got on from AndroidCentral/Thrifter.

It’s a shame to say it but the fit and finish/build quality even at this dirt cheap price is better than the UAG. Still keeping it in my rotation though because I like the color and design.
    blaine07 likes this.
    03-02-2018 08:49 PM
    Ok no point getting a replacement then unless they want to send me another colour.

So far have tried:

Caudabe Sheath
    Caudabe Synthesis
    Apple leather
    Apple silicone
    UAG plasma
    UAG monarch
    OB Symmetry (fake)
    OB Statement from Apple

Sheath is still the winner followed by the Synthesis.
    03-02-2018 08:57 PM
    No better? Does it seem loose/saggy at the top too?

I wouldn't mind if it was loose but straight but it sags out top and bottom, maybe the bottom is for swiping to be easy?
    Yes, the replacement had the same loose bottom deal. The carbon fiber was much improved over the original though.
    Last edited by felloffthetruck; 03-03-2018 at 08:54 AM.
    03-02-2018 09:42 PM

Just received these 3 cases from Ringke. Paid a grand total of $10 shipped (from Amazon) with a coupon code I got on from AndroidCentral/Thrifter.

It’s a shame to say it but the fit and finish/build quality even at this dirt cheap price is better than the UAG. Still keeping it in my rotation though because I like the color and design.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...74d836a93d.jpg
    That case on the bottom reminds me of HTC Diamond.

The best cases and accessories for iPhone X!-screen-shot-2018-03-03-7.58.50-am.png
    03-03-2018 08:00 AM
    Anyone using the genuine Apple folio and like it? Not the price I guess, but can get one new for 2/3 of Apple price?
    Have read the call issues when folded back but that’s avoidable.
    03-04-2018 03:17 AM
    I got my new Casetify Impact. I hope it is as good as I’ve heard. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2169a405c8.jpg
    I love the case but it’s shape feels slightly bigger than my Speck Grip. It is slightly thinner though which I really like but even though the sides aren’t slippery I have become accustomed to the grip on Speck cases as it’s superior in grip because it’s sides and back offers it. Because of this I went back to Speck because I’m so afraid to drop a $1000 phone and it’s never a concern with Speck. Plus, Speck has a larger lip which is always welcome.

I believe they allow returns even on custom cases but I’m going to keep mine because I love the design so much. I think I’ll just put it on a shelf in memory of Chester Bennington. Back to Speck... lol.
    03-04-2018 05:12 AM
    Anyone using the genuine Apple folio and like it? Not the price I guess, but can get one new for 2/3 of Apple price?
    Have read the call issues when folded back but that’s avoidable.
    I’ve been using it for about a month & surprisingly I love it!! Wallet cases usually end up annoying me because they’re so rigid & theres usually a card outline on the screen. Neither issue exists with this case. The leather feels amazing, which was expected since I love the regular leather one. I have 2 cards and some cash in mine & there’s no bulkiness. All in all, it’s a pretty great case.

BTW...I haven’t put a phone to my ear to talk in years, so I can’t speak to the call issue.
    03-04-2018 07:07 PM
    Will my next case be a UAG Monarch? One of Best Buy’s Platinum? Dog&Bone waterproof cases? Different color Evutec? Pitaka? Element Case? A Loopy?

Anyone have suggestions? Been a few weeks over here since I’ve got much new...

Ordered a few Slickwraps last night for fun but
    03-04-2018 10:51 PM
    Will my next case be a UAG Monarch? One of Best Buy’s Platinum? Dog&Bone waterproof cases? Different color Evutec? Pitaka? Element Case? A Loopy?

I just remembered I owe you Loopy pictures - tomorrow! A reminder has been set in my phone! I also might have a discount code to share!
    blaine07 likes this.
    03-04-2018 11:01 PM
    Will my next case be a UAG Monarch?
    Mine is in transit being returned, so there's my answer on it Have never had any of the others.
    blaine07 likes this.
    03-05-2018 01:16 AM

I love the Monarch case saggy @ss and all. Have the carbon fiber and blacked out one. The red crimson is still on my radar and will purchase the next time it's on sale at BB.

I would say get the Monarch and be done with it.
    jlczl and blaine07 like this.
    03-05-2018 08:36 AM
    my colection:

The best cases and accessories for iPhone X!-2ac2aaa0-54b7-4892-96f6-443e3b5abb8c.jpg

The best cases and accessories for iPhone X!-fb8623ba-6171-40d3-9167-c03aaff01bb0.jpg
    nikkisharif, jlczl and blaine07 like this.
    03-05-2018 09:28 AM

Have you tried the catalyst waterproof? If so my vote is dog and bone for a comparison . Been debating between the two since it sounded like dog and bone was great on the 7+ mostly due to using tempered glass. But the catalyst is way more water proof rated as far as depth goes.
    blaine07 likes this.
    03-05-2018 12:58 PM
    I love the Monarch case saggy @ss and all. Have the carbon fiber and blacked out one. The red crimson is still on my radar and will purchase the next time it's on sale at BB.

I would say get the Monarch and be done with it.
    Have to agree here. The UAG Monarch despite its flaws is a nice case. Love both my real and my fake version. The only deal breaker is the price. No way it’s worth $60. It’s definitely worth a more reasonable $20-$30 though.
    felloffthetruck and blaine07 like this.
    03-05-2018 01:54 PM
    I could of lived with the Sag, but the Monarch is a bit thick for the brodit holder and the sides seem too grippy to slide in and out, and don't want to fork out another $80 here for their bigger size, still using a 7 size and is good with most cases.

It's hard to use any case after having the Black Caudabe Sheath, it's just so comfortable in the hand, doesn't mark or scratch, perfect fit, no sag but is easy to get on and off. Covers bottom.
    Buttons and camera cutout excellent, just enough lip it doesn't interfere with swiping.

Don't know why i keep looking/trying others. Think i need help
    Last edited by Cladster; 03-05-2018 at 04:16 PM.
    blaine07 likes this.
    03-05-2018 03:58 PM
    my colection:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2ac2aaa0-54b7-4892-96f6-443e3b5abb8c.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	122489

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fb8623ba-6171-40d3-9167-c03aaff01bb0.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	122490
    Nice collection. What case is third from left on the bottom row (navy with “C” logo on the bottom)?
    03-05-2018 09:21 PM
    I ordered Spigen's Crytal sprocket.Great! The design is completely transparent, unique with plastic border and back cover throughout the anti-yellowing.
    Perhaps this is the transparent bumper strap that offers the best protection against impact, best suited for my X iPhone.
    blaine07 likes this.
    03-05-2018 09:50 PM
2,170 ... 7475767778 ...