The best cases and accessories for iPhone X!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: iPhone X Cases

As promised, here is my Cover-Up Woodback Explorer in Mahogany.

e4c9741556f612cf29907cb16e67cdb6.jpg

26cea2a494536a5aba216598e81c92b2.jpg

294ff0c191ff0b4a3d7b3b5cd05c9c14.jpg

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site

Had many of Plasma cases in the past and almost every one came with noticeable scratches from the factory. The mute switch cutout is off center on both the Monarch & Pathfinder cases also.

I believe this is a result of them rushing cases out before the phone was even released.

View attachment 120567

The reason the mute switch cutout seems to be off center is not an oversight. It is designed that way to allow for a roomier cutout but it cannot extend that far on the lower side because the cutout would then run into the volume buttons.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

Had many of Plasma cases in the past and almost every one came with noticeable scratches from the factory. The mute switch cutout is off center on both the Monarch & Pathfinder cases also.

I believe this is a result of them rushing cases out before the phone was even released.

I have had a few too but weren't scratched, luck of the draw i guess. Yep thats how my mute switch is on mine, its still ok to use but would be easier in middle.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

I have had a few too but weren't scratched, luck of the draw i guess. Yep thats how my mute switch is on mine, its still ok to use but would be easier in middle.
They shouldn't be getting away with it though their cases are not cheap.

How does that Plasma feel in the hand?

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

The reason the mute switch cutout seems to be off center is not an oversight. It is designed that way to allow for a roomier cutout but it cannot extend that far on the lower side because the cutout would then run into the volume buttons.

After a closer look you could be right.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

How does that Plasma feel in the hand?

It's not bad, has good grip not slippery, probably not as nice as the Monarch, i posted my 8 monarch yesterday so cant compare side by side. Can't even get one here not in MB or Carbon which i would want, not into colours for me. I like how it's all black on front and the back is darker with the SG X in but you can still see phone a bit above and below the uag logo. I like the look havn't had a plasma since 6s.
$47 here with delivery v $80 for the Monarch.

edit, just went to try the case in my iOttie wireless charger and it wont lock in, needs a flat back case and the UAG case has the gap so wont push the button in too lock. Returning now.

Just ordered Apple black leather and Otterbox Black statement both from Apple, so will just keep the one i like best.

Last edited:

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

So, after 3 weeks with my Lifeproof Slam, I do have a couple faults. It still remains pretty much scratch free. Surprising considering it’s clear plastic back. Not the case for when your hands are sweaty. Where the cutouts are, I have a lot of dust build up that occasionally sneaks onto the back of the phone. Otherwise, completely love it.

Still debating giving my Totalee case a run, but haven’t convinced myself yet.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site

I will start off with the Apple () Black Leather as usual.

I bought my usual black leather case from the Apple site a month before I got my X since they have historically run out of them once a new iPhone is released for public consumption. I’ve been using the same case since my iPhone 5. It’s great quality, fits perfectly & looks good.

Great minds think alike, Spence.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Looks like nomad has a sale on their cases. Anyone ever use this one? https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...3D43737%26clickId%3D2144053611&token=VeNYP8Io

I have their rugged leather case. I'm going to guess that one is a similar material minus the leather but it wraps farther around the screen it sounds like. So, the one big drawback I've noticed with my Rugged Leather from them is the button feel is absolute garbage. Stiff stiff stiff and not breaking in at all after 2 weeks of use now. Because it's nice leather (Horween) and will age I'm keeping the case but definitely getting different cases to change it up and not run the same thing all the time. That does look like a nice case just giving fair warning that if it's anything like mine the buttons won't be great.

mrjoeltan

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

Ended up returning the saddle brown leather case. I love the leather cases to death, but this time around I want to opt for more protection for a bit.

Couldn’t make up my mind so I picked up the speck presidio grip in black and the commuter in black. Will end up returning the one I don’t like and picking up a leather case later when I care less, lmbo.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

For those interested in Ullu leather cases, they have a Black Friday sale. They are offering 50% off any order $110 or more, and 30% off other orders -- apparently anything on their site qualifies for the sale prices. I liked the Ullu Piggyback case I got for my iPhone 7 Plus, as well as a simple leather case I got for my iPhone SE.

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171122/29e1f305d175853bb2dbd990be342702.jpg

My haul so far! I always say I’m going to tone it down for the holidays but....

Nice job! Hey have you ever checked out Casetify?! I had made a case for my s7 edge back in the day on their site and it was my all time favorite case. They just came out with this impact style case for the X, it’s awesome! I just got mine. Check them out they have tons of designs that are right up your alley. They have sales going on now too

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

Just ordered Caudabe Sheath Black, now the long wait for delivery to Australia. Have a Apple black leather and a Black OB statement arriving tomorrow from Apple.
The Apple black silicone is sort of growing on me, good grip, is leaving wear from holding though and has a small nick that i dont know how as havn't dropped it, lint magnet too, i got it for free so cant complain too much, wouldn't buy one though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW