Currently rocking the SPECK Presidio Grip in blue/grey as well as the Dark Olive Apple Silicone Case.
    robertk328 likes this.
    11-21-2017 06:39 AM
    No, the Monarch is a fine case and one of my favorites. It would be perfect if the power button was raised a little more and the rubber on the bottom near the charge port was a little thicker.

I have the blacked out one from Best Buy and the carbon fiber on order.
    I have a plasma ice arriving today, will see what UAG have for black friday sale and will order the Monarch Carbon, they send from HK to Australia so who knows how long that will take.

Have you seen this thread?

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...7plus.2090213/
    11-21-2017 03:36 PM
    I have a plasma ice arriving today, will see what UAG have for black friday sale and will order the Monarch Carbon, they send from HK to Australia so who knows how long that will take.

Have you seen this thread?

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...7plus.2090213/
    That is pretty scary. Two problems I see there, phone not removed from the case for a whole year and it's the Jet black iPhone which scratches just by looking at it.

Had my X in the Otterbox symmetry case for 2 days and when I removed it I could see that interior diamond pattern on the back of the phone. These marks wiped off easy.

I've had my phone in the UAG Pathfinder for about 3 days now. I'll change cases later and see it there are any marks on the phone. Pathfinder feels so good in the hand though.
    11-21-2017 03:56 PM
    That is pretty scary. Two problems I see there, phone not removed from the case for a whole year and it's the Jet black iPhone which scratches just by looking at it.

Had my X in the Otterbox symmetry case for 2 days and when I removed it I could see that interior diamond pattern on the back of the phone. These marks wiped off easy.

I've had my phone in the UAG Pathfinder for about 3 days now. I'll change cases later and see it there are any marks on the phone. Pathfinder feels so good in the hand though.
    Yeah that's my thought, JB + not cleaned/removed for a year is just asking for it. Assuming it's the same/similar material to the UAG I have on my iPad and other cases with a similar material I see no reason why this would be something UAG specific that happened in this case. It just happens that a UAG case was in use when it happened. Unless there is some kind of chemical reaction going on between the case materials and the finish. I would think that would be a widespread well known problem if that was the case.
    Cladster likes this.
    11-21-2017 04:13 PM
    Just got my plasma ice, came scratched on the inside above and below the uag logo, very noticeable with the phone in have contacted ebay seller sending replacement today.

Also noticed the mute switch is not centered, the switch is closer to the volume button. Is the monarch like that? Sold my 7/8 monarch so cant remember.
    11-21-2017 04:25 PM
    Just got my plasma ice, came scratched on the inside above and below the uag logo, very noticeable with the phone in have contacted ebay seller sending replacement today.

Also noticed the mute switch is not centered, the switch is closer to the volume button. Is the monarch like that? Sold my 7/8 monarch so cant remember.
    Had many of Plasma cases in the past and almost every one came with noticeable scratches from the factory. The mute switch cutout is off center on both the Monarch & Pathfinder cases also.

I believe this is a result of them rushing cases out before the phone was even released.

The best cases and accessories for iPhone X!-switch.jpg
    11-21-2017 04:57 PM
    As promised, here is my Cover-Up Woodback Explorer in Mahogany.

flyinion likes this.
    11-21-2017 05:19 PM
    Had many of Plasma cases in the past and almost every one came with noticeable scratches from the factory. The mute switch cutout is off center on both the Monarch & Pathfinder cases also.

I believe this is a result of them rushing cases out before the phone was even released.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	switch.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	918.9 KB 
ID:	120567
    The reason the mute switch cutout seems to be off center is not an oversight. It is designed that way to allow for a roomier cutout but it cannot extend that far on the lower side because the cutout would then run into the volume buttons.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    11-21-2017 05:43 PM

I have had a few too but weren't scratched, luck of the draw i guess. Yep thats how my mute switch is on mine, its still ok to use but would be easier in middle.
    11-21-2017 06:08 PM
    I have had a few too but weren't scratched, luck of the draw i guess. Yep thats how my mute switch is on mine, its still ok to use but would be easier in middle.
    They shouldn't be getting away with it though their cases are not cheap.
    How does that Plasma feel in the hand?
    11-21-2017 06:10 PM
    The reason the mute switch cutout seems to be off center is not an oversight. It is designed that way to allow for a roomier cutout but it cannot extend that far on the lower side because the cutout would then run into the volume buttons.
    After a closer look you could be right.
    11-21-2017 06:10 PM
    How does that Plasma feel in the hand?
    It's not bad, has good grip not slippery, probably not as nice as the Monarch, i posted my 8 monarch yesterday so cant compare side by side. Can't even get one here not in MB or Carbon which i would want, not into colours for me. I like how it's all black on front and the back is darker with the SG X in but you can still see phone a bit above and below the uag logo. I like the look havn't had a plasma since 6s.
    $47 here with delivery v $80 for the Monarch.

edit, just went to try the case in my iOttie wireless charger and it wont lock in, needs a flat back case and the UAG case has the gap so wont push the button in too lock. Returning now.

Just ordered Apple black leather and Otterbox Black statement both from Apple, so will just keep the one i like best.
    Last edited by Cladster; 11-21-2017 at 07:07 PM.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    11-21-2017 06:28 PM
    Anyone ever use one of these? Seem to add some protection while not being super bulky https://www.casetify.com/product/cas...91&SubId2=5663
    11-21-2017 07:30 PM
    So, after 3 weeks with my Lifeproof Slam, I do have a couple faults. It still remains pretty much scratch free. Surprising considering it’s clear plastic back. Not the case for when your hands are sweaty. Where the cutouts are, I have a lot of dust build up that occasionally sneaks onto the back of the phone. Otherwise, completely love it.

Still debating giving my Totalee case a run, but haven’t convinced myself yet.
    Premium1 likes this.
    11-21-2017 11:21 PM
    Anyone know if the Caudabe Sheath is slimmer than the apple silicone?
    11-22-2017 01:29 AM
    I will start off with the Apple () Black Leather as usual.
    I bought my usual black leather case from the Apple site a month before I got my X since they have historically run out of them once a new iPhone is released for public consumption. I’ve been using the same case since my iPhone 5. It’s great quality, fits perfectly & looks good.

Great minds think alike, Spence.
    Spencerdl and nikkisharif like this.
    11-22-2017 07:10 AM
    Great minds think alike, Spence.
    HaHa...This is TRUE
    11-22-2017 07:12 AM
    Looks like nomad has a sale on their cases. Anyone ever use this one? http://forums.imore.com/e?link=http%...token=iXk1tO-v
    11-22-2017 10:45 AM
    Looks like nomad has a sale on their cases. Anyone ever use this one? http://forums.imore.com/e?link=http%...token=Sa0nA8Om
    I have their rugged leather case. I'm going to guess that one is a similar material minus the leather but it wraps farther around the screen it sounds like. So, the one big drawback I've noticed with my Rugged Leather from them is the button feel is absolute garbage. Stiff stiff stiff and not breaking in at all after 2 weeks of use now. Because it's nice leather (Horween) and will age I'm keeping the case but definitely getting different cases to change it up and not run the same thing all the time. That does look like a nice case just giving fair warning that if it's anything like mine the buttons won't be great.
    Premium1 likes this.
    11-22-2017 12:01 PM

My haul so far! I always say I’m going to tone it down for the holidays but....
    11-22-2017 12:07 PM
    Ended up returning the saddle brown leather case. I love the leather cases to death, but this time around I want to opt for more protection for a bit.

Couldn’t make up my mind so I picked up the speck presidio grip in black and the commuter in black. Will end up returning the one I don’t like and picking up a leather case later when I care less, lmbo.
    Premium1 likes this.
    11-22-2017 01:06 PM
    For those interested in Ullu leather cases, they have a Black Friday sale. They are offering 50% off any order $110 or more, and 30% off other orders -- apparently anything on their site qualifies for the sale prices. I liked the Ullu Piggyback case I got for my iPhone 7 Plus, as well as a simple leather case I got for my iPhone SE.
    zachpenguin likes this.
    11-22-2017 01:39 PM
    I bought two cases with similar shapes and I think they ruin the aesthetics of the phone. I dont know why but the shame looks wrong.
    11-22-2017 04:38 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...90be342702.jpg

My haul so far! I always say I’m going to tone it down for the holidays but....
    Nice job! Hey have you ever checked out Casetify?! I had made a case for my s7 edge back in the day on their site and it was my all time favorite case. They just came out with this impact style case for the X, it’s awesome! I just got mine. Check them out they have tons of designs that are right up your alley. They have sales going on now too
    MasterDarque likes this.
    11-22-2017 05:19 PM
    Just ordered Caudabe Sheath Black, now the long wait for delivery to Australia. Have a Apple black leather and a Black OB statement arriving tomorrow from Apple.
    The Apple black silicone is sort of growing on me, good grip, is leaving wear from holding though and has a small nick that i dont know how as havn't dropped it, lint magnet too, i got it for free so cant complain too much, wouldn't buy one though.
    11-22-2017 06:02 PM
1,954 ... 2829303132 ...