Found these Platinum brand ‘iPhone 8’ cases (in actuality iPhone X ones) out on the sales floor at Best Buy today. I’m guessing there’ll be a sticker placed over the ‘8’ with an ‘X’ or, corrected packaging for them eventually.
    Walnut Wood:

Black:

Regarding the Walnut Wood case, I’d recommend picking one up in store if you can, as there are variations of wood grain & finish on each case.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-22-2017 02:46 PM
    Found these Platinum brand ‘iPhone 8’ cases (in actuality iPhone X ones) out on the sales floor at Best Buy today. I’m guessing there’ll be a sticker placed over the ‘8’ with an ‘X’ or, corrected packaging for them eventually.
    Walnut Wood:
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f16b0578a.heichttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...669753e79.heichttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8b23c5369.heic
    Black:
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...711ba2d2d.heichttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...597438c4f.heichttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...771b408de.heic
    Regarding the Walnut Wood case, I’d recommend picking one up in store if you can, as there are variations of wood grain & finish on each case.
    How protective do they feel?
    10-22-2017 03:52 PM
    How protective do they feel?
    They feel solid to me, with what I’d say is a medium amount of protection - not the all encompassing protection of say an Otterbox Defender case, but definitely more than what a skin would provide. I’d say they are comparable to Apple’s silicone/leather cases.
    The Walnut Wood one has open areas on both sides of the case where the buttons of the phone would be, and an open area on bottom of the case like Apple’s ones. The Black case has the button areas covered save for an opening for the mute switch, and the bottom of it is more covered - with openings for the speakers & lighting port.
    If you have a 6/6s7/8 iPhone, there are similar/same cases by Platinum that can be tried out in store, as the cases are in the packaging in a tray that slides out from the bottom.
    10-22-2017 04:23 PM
    Peel cases means no case. they make freaking fragile case, no good
    I disagree. They offer some protection from everyday use, which is exactly what they were designed to do. Many users don’t need anything more than that.
    Premium1, reeneebob and msm0511 like this.
    10-22-2017 05:34 PM
    I had to run to the Apple store yesterday to have my AirPods looked at. While I was there, I checked out the new case colors. I’m glad I did. The dark olive did not look green to me, it was more of a gray. I even asked the guy that was helping me and he said no that’s charcoal then looked at another one and said actually that’s dark olive. Bummer.
    10-22-2017 05:51 PM
    been an Otterbox fanboy, and a leather case freak, so the Peel is just like the the waste have been peeled off
    We are entitled to our opinions. Personally, I think Otterbox cases are hideous but they provide great protection.
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-22-2017 06:14 PM
    I had to run to the Apple store yesterday to have my AirPods looked at. While I was there, I checked out the new case colors. I’m glad I did. The dark olive did not look green to me, it was more of a gray. I even asked the guy that was helping me and he said no that’s charcoal then looked at another one and said actually that’s dark olive. Bummer.
    That stinks. I'll probably get white silicone then, depending on what finish I end up with. Since the front of the phones look more or less the same (i.e. no bezel) I'm not too concerned which color I get since it'll be in a case.
    iLive an iLife likes this.
    10-23-2017 06:07 AM
    They feel solid to me, with what I’d say is a medium amount of protection - not the all encompassing protection of say an Otterbox Defender case, but definitely more than what a skin would provide. I’d say they are comparable to Apple’s silicone/leather cases.
    The Walnut Wood one has open areas on both sides of the case where the buttons of the phone would be, and an open area on bottom of the case like Apple’s ones. The Black case has the button areas covered save for an opening for the mute switch, and the bottom of it is more covered - with openings for the speakers & lighting port.
    If you have a 6/6s7/8 iPhone, there are similar/same cases by Platinum that can be tried out in store, as the cases are in the packaging in a tray that slides out from the bottom.
    Thanks, I'll check one out!
    MasterDarque likes this.
    10-23-2017 02:14 PM
    That stinks. I'll probably get white silicone then, depending on what finish I end up with. Since the front of the phones look more or less the same (i.e. no bezel) I'm not too concerned which color I get since it'll be in a case.
    Exactly. The only different between silver and space grey are the ring around the camera and the stainless steel band around the phone. I’m not too worried about color either. I did order an Otterbox Symmetry today (plus a wireless charging mat and a screen protector).
    10-23-2017 08:59 PM
    Exactly. The only different between silver and space grey are the ring around the camera and the stainless steel band around the phone. I’m not too worried about color either. I did order an Otterbox Symmetry today (plus a wireless charging mat and a screen protector).
    The whole back is different, but if I've got it in a case that doesn't matter.
    10-24-2017 06:59 AM
    The whole back is different, but if I've got it in a case that doesn't matter.
    Oh yeah, of course, I just meant the parts that are visible if you have a case on.
    robertk328 likes this.
    10-24-2017 07:38 AM
    Oh yeah, of course, I just meant the parts that are visible if you have a case on.
    OK figured as much
    10-24-2017 08:17 AM
    Hmm, not sure why Apple seems to be holding out until the ‘X’ goes live for preorders to offer its’ cases for sale, as I would have ordered a couple by now. As it is I’ve found a couple of another vendor’s cases @ Best Buy, so... I’m not in any hurry to pick some up from Apple.
    Apple definitely lost some purchases from me (for the time being) over not having their iPhone X cases available now for purchasing.
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-24-2017 09:34 AM
    Hmm, not sure why Apple seems to be holding out until the ‘X’ goes live for preorders to offer its’ cases for sale, as I would have ordered a couple by now. As it is I’ve found a couple of another vendor’s cases @ Best Buy, so... I’m not in any hurry to pick some up from Apple.
    Apple definitely lost some purchases from me (for the time being) over not having their iPhone X cases available now for purchasing.
    Yeah, it’s always been like that.
    It would’ve been nice to be able to order one before ordering the iPhone itself.
    MasterDarque likes this.
    10-25-2017 06:41 AM
    Diztronic
    10-25-2017 11:52 AM
    Got mine pre-ordered online but when I checked the tracking number it says it’s coming from China and expect 2-3 weeks to arrive in US!!!

10-25-2017 09:45 PM
    I love the different cases. I hope there will be so good options. Nevertheless, I’m with @TripleOne on the Apple leather case
    10-26-2017 12:10 AM
    I will start off with the Apple () Black Leather as usual.
    How well does the Apple black leather cases wear?
    10-26-2017 12:11 AM
    How well does the Apple black leather cases wear?
    It wears very well.
    The color doesn’t change, but there might be scuffs/scratches from time to time.
    10-26-2017 06:55 AM
    It wears very well.
    The color doesn’t change, but there might be scuffs/scratches from time to time.
    I might get black this year. I love the brown worn look of the Apple Leather so I might try something different.
    10-26-2017 07:08 AM
    I might get black this year. I love the brown worn look of the Apple Leather so I might try something different.
    The Black and Midnight Blue are very nice
    10-26-2017 07:09 AM
    The Black and Midnight Blue are very nice
    Blue this my favorite color so that might be a Go. The Blue might start looking black with the oils on the hand etc., do you think? If so, that’s fine too.
    10-26-2017 07:11 AM
    Blue this my favorite color so that might be a Go. The Blue might start looking black with the oils on the hand etc., do you think? If so, that’s fine too.
    Yep!
    My Midnight Blue is quite dark and is close to being black.
    10-26-2017 07:12 AM
    Yep!
    My Midnight Blue is quite dark and is close to being black.
    Nice!
    10-26-2017 07:12 AM
    ...for me, just a simple leather case from Apple. Oh, and maybe a Rinkge Slim (if they have one)...
    10-27-2017 02:45 AM
1,846 12345 ...