My Lifeproof Slam is waiting for me at home when I get there. Can’t wait to try it out.
    11-06-2017 01:13 PM
    Completely in love with my new IPX 256 in Silver! My cases so far:

• Apple Silcone Case (Ultra Violet)
    • Tech21 Evo Check (Smokey Black)
    • Ringke Air Prism (Glitter Grey)

Waiting on some comp'd cases from AT&T to arrive, including the Speck Presidio Grip. I'll check back in when I receive them and share my thoughts.
    11-06-2017 01:46 PM
    My Lifeproof Slam is waiting for me at home when I get there. Can’t wait to try it out.
    Where does the slam fit in in their lineup?
    11-06-2017 01:53 PM
    I’m anxiously awaiting mine to be delivered. I’m working from home so I just need the mail to show up.

Where does the slam fit in in their lineup?
    I think the Slam is considered their lowest tier of protection but it still has a drop rating of 6.6 feet. There aren’t any port coverings (or anything for the mute switch).
    11-06-2017 02:03 PM
    I think the Slam is considered their lowest tier of protection but it still has a drop rating of 6.6 feet. There aren’t any port coverings (or anything for the mute switch).
    Thanks!
    11-06-2017 02:44 PM
    I’m in case nirvana. It’s light, doesn’t add a whole lot of bulk. The clear back is nice to show off the design. This Lifeproof Slam is a slam for me.
    11-06-2017 03:11 PM
    My wife got the Speck presidio grip in the gray/poppy color. Seems pretty nice (other than the color lol). Supposedly has 10ft of drop protection as well. I'm still looking to get a Rhino Mod case setup (maybe for the holidays) especially after Aaron's review on it at Mobile Reviews Eh. Probably black bumper with an extra white trim ring and white buttons and carbon fiber back for it to go with my silver X. The silver X is perfect to do the "Stormtrooper" look with.
    rvpartsguy#WN likes this.
    11-06-2017 03:43 PM
    I’m in case nirvana. It’s light, doesn’t add a whole lot of bulk. The clear back is nice to show off the design. This Lifeproof Slam is a slam for me.
    I'd be interested to hear how the clear back holds up. That was one of two things I didn't like about the Griffin Adventure I bought for my 7+ with interchangeable clear/smoked backplates. The hard PC scratches really easy. Actually 3 things. Fingerprints, and then the slipperiness on hard surfaces. So those issues are holding me back from thinking about the new LP cases.
    11-06-2017 03:50 PM
    Found a Speck Presidio Grip Black and Gold Glitter on Verizon!
    11-06-2017 03:52 PM
    I'd be interested to hear how the clear back holds up. That was one of two things I didn't like about the Griffin Adventure I bought for my 7+ with interchangeable clear/smoked backplates. The hard PC scratches really easy. Actually 3 things. Fingerprints, and then the slipperiness on hard surfaces. So those issues are holding me back from thinking about the new LP cases.
    So far. Fingerprints galore. Expected from a clear plastic back though. Also, slippery. Scratches I’ll have to see in a few days. I’m pretty rough on my Lifeproofs because they are designed for it. I’m sure at some point it’ll look like I took a knife to it
    11-06-2017 04:06 PM

Well first batch has arrived! Guess I'll go get a apple leather this weekend.
    11-06-2017 06:04 PM
    Well first batch has arrived! Guess I'll go get a apple leather this weekend.
    Soooo jealous. So, they are shipping now? I looked and it still says pre-order and mid-Nov shipping.
    11-06-2017 06:25 PM
    Soooo jealous. So, they are shipping now? I looked and it still says pre-order and mid-Nov shipping.
    I actually pre-ordered mine the 1st of October and it said to ship the second half of October. I didn't actually receive shipping information until the 31 of October. But the screen protector I ordered for it was I'm shipping process from them by today after ordering last Thursday.
    11-06-2017 06:29 PM
    I actually pre-ordered mine the 1st of October and it said to ship the second half of October. I didn't actually receive shipping information until the 31 of October. But the screen protector I ordered for it was I'm shipping process from them by today after ordering last Thursday.
    Ok thanks for the info. I'm debating whether to do the impact protection or try their full coverage glass one that is supposed to be compatible with their cases. I had the impact protection on my 7+ for about 6-7 months and while it was re-assuring the thing was also a fingerprint/grease magnet due to plastic just not being able to be as resistant as glass even though both types are coated for it. Of course even though their plastic is very smooth, it still doesn't feel as smooth and good as glass either. Ugh, decisions decisions.
    11-06-2017 06:33 PM
    Ugh. I’m a little disappointed with the Slam. The buttons are so stiff I can barely press them. It really takes a lot of force. I’m debating on switching it out for the Next. Supposedly the buttons on those cases are a lot easier to press. Wish I would’ve looked this up before I ordered haha.
    11-06-2017 06:37 PM
    11-06-2017 07:05 PM
    Ugh. I’m a little disappointed with the Slam. The buttons are so stiff I can barely press them. It really takes a lot of force. I’m debating on switching it out for the Next. Supposedly the buttons on those cases are a lot easier to press. Wish I would’ve looked this up before I ordered haha.
    Interesting. I’m not finding them hard to press at all. I’ve never actually enjoyed a case I bought so early in the life of my phone. Hopefully the next works for you. I was going to get that one, but the color options, much like Otterbox and the symmetry, left a lot to be desired.
    11-06-2017 07:05 PM
    Ok thanks for the info. I'm debating whether to do the impact protection or try their full coverage glass one that is supposed to be compatible with their cases. I had the impact protection on my 7+ for about 6-7 months and while it was re-assuring the thing was also a fingerprint/grease magnet due to plastic just not being able to be as resistant as glass even though both types are coated for it. Of course even though their plastic is very smooth, it still doesn't feel as smooth and good as glass either. Ugh, decisions decisions.
    Yes that's is the one I ordered was the full glass. Currently using a zerolemon glass and starting to like it compared to tech armor. Tough choices though, but as I was told when I got my first Mac. " Always buy what's gonna give you more bang for your buck"!
    11-06-2017 07:12 PM
    This is what case again?
    11-06-2017 07:45 PM
    This is what case again?
    Whoops thought I typed it lol. It’s the rhinoshield mod case with clear back plate, and installed with blue bottom replacements.
    comiken205 and Shan S. like this.
    11-06-2017 07:48 PM
    Great looking Mod case. Ordered the same one and an extra backplate. Best cases IMO.
    11-06-2017 07:53 PM
    As much as I don't want to use a case, I must with this Fabergé egg I now have in my pocket.

I went with the MagBak: https://1lss.com/pages/iphone

Pretty excited.
    11-06-2017 07:58 PM
    Anyway of getting a snap with the X inside the Mod case? I ordered one also hoping it will ship soon. Best cases IMO.

Here ya go. I did have the camera attachment piece in, but took it out do to the wobble it cause when laying down. Will probably put the piece back in once I receive the lens this week.
    11-06-2017 08:02 PM
    So far I have:

Ringke clear case
    Rhinoshield mod case with clear back plate, lens adapter, blue mod rim, blue mod buttons.
    Have on the way the rhinoshield wide and micro lens, rhinoshield full glass screen. Soon to purchase a apple saddle brown leather and hoping for a mophie battery case.
    11-06-2017 08:07 PM
    Went and tried on cases today before work (because I don't have a life) and have some feedback on a couple of them.

Otterbox Symmetry is still my favorite case. I'm not a huge fan of the clear ones because the buttons seem super difficult to push, but they still go on smoothly, not too much fighting to get them on. I'll probably end up getting a solid colored one here shortly if my clear buttons don't break in.

Tried on the Element Rev and gosh it's a nice case. Just no girly colors. I tried it on anyway, and it's nice and snug and super grippy with tactile buttons like the Urban Armor Gear cases. I was a huge fan of the price of $34.99 too, right on par with the UAG Plasma cases. Easy on, and easy off as well. I was so close to carting this one out the door.

Tried on the UAG Plyo...well, TRIED to try on the Plyo. It's super flexible, and supposed to fit like a skin to the phone. Got it. Started putting my phone into it and got three corners on but panicked and backed off when I got to the fourth corner. God dang! That lip was not going over the fourth corner, and if it did I'd probably be the proud owner of a Plyo because I'd be hard pressed to try to get the damn thing off. Tossed that one back on the shelf. Maybe it was just me, but I had this huge sense of foreboding trying to get my phone into it.

Next up was a Speck Presidio Grip, and a Speck Presidio Metallic, which of course fit fine. Easy on, easy off. I appreciate them a lot more because they're not dinner plate sized like the ones for the 7 and 8 Plus. No ugly headphone jack cutout on the bottoms either. Speck is finally moving on, haha. I like Speck, but wanted to try something else.

Which brings me to the Sonix Clear cases. These dang things are short of letting your phone be naked, with a big of cushion around the "bumper" area of the phone. I had one on my 8 Plus, and loved how "naked" my phone felt in them. I ordered another one to go with my Otterbox Symmetry. Call me biased, but I love how tactile and easy to press the buttons are, and the nice, concise port and speaker cutouts. It'll be nice to have this one back in my hand.

Some of the honorable mentions are the Rebecca Minkoff folio, Kate Spade, Vera Bradley, and the Incipio Dualpro, and the Case-Mate Waterfall series cases (black waterfall and glow in the dark to be specific).

LOL, then I went and got a pumpkin spice latte and went to work. Basic. Haha.
    zachpenguin and nikkisharif like this.
    11-06-2017 08:42 PM
2,054 ... 1213141516 ...