Why  removed jet black finish

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Is there a point to a glossy black finish when the back of the phone is glass? It's not like the glass will have a matte finish to it.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the jet black look, but I'm wondering why Apple is calling the new iPhones with the black faceplate "space gray." Looks a lot more like the matte black to me.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Why is the Jet Black discontinued? What about Matte Black, Copper, Red, Pink, White, Yellow Polka-Dots? We will never get an answer on colors.. just have to live with the cards we're dealt.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Personally I think Apple has limited the colors on the new models to streamline their manufacturing process. I think you will see some unique colors coming at a later date like the limited red model on the iPhone 7. Now it's wait and see.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Personally I think Apple has limited the colors on the new models to streamline their manufacturing process. I think you will see some unique colors coming at a later date like the limited red model on the iPhone 7. Now it's wait and see.

That’s what I thought of too.. I’m sure an all black will return at some point in the future.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
my vote is for manufacturing process too. i'm guessing when things smooth out next year the'll look at adding more colours.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
my vote is for manufacturing process too. i'm guessing when things smooth out next year the'll look at adding more colours.

After several launches they have finally figured out that having enough units to satisfy their orders is more important then having a couple more colors to choose from. Being in the manufacturing sector my entire carrier, I think it's the smart decision.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Why jet black finish not continued

Personally, i think Apple knew that the iPhone 7 design was "boring", so to spice things up a bit, they added a couple extra colours to make things feel a little more exciting. They even added a 'Product RED' colour early the following year. But with the Launch of the iPhone X. The phone is super exciting enough by itself and no real need for extra colours. :)

Maybe also with the glass, its a little harder to make a lot of colour options? I'm not sure. Im still crossing fingers for a all white colour option with maybe a product RED colour early next year.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73