iPhone X and cases

jyoung

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Any thoughts on how the iPhone X will wirelessly charge when in a case? I’m guessing a Rokform case or an OtterBox type case may be too thick.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I know it will work with Apple cases. I think it all really depends on the material used in the case and the thickness of the material. Any metal on the back, like a magnetic case, it probably won’t work. Any thin leather, poly, silicone, or similar would probably be fine.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Apple has a couple wireless charging stations on their website already. One of them calls out that it will work with a case that 3mm thick. That didn't seem like much to me at first but that would be a pretty thick case. I think most standard cases will be fine (with the exception of anything made out of aluminum or an Otterbox Defender).

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Apple has a couple wireless charging stations on their website already. One of them calls out that it will work with a case that 3mm thick. That didn't seem like much to me at first but that would be a pretty thick case. I think most standard cases will be fine (with the exception of anything made out of aluminum or an Otterbox Defender).
Actually I've used plenty of wireless charging phones. And never had a issue with using the Otterbox defender. Shouldn't be a issue.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner