Silver or Space Grey, which would you choose? And if you're going to get one, tell us why!!!
    09-13-2017 08:56 AM
    Silver, however if the space gray variant uses the same scratch resistant coating as the black stainless steel Apple Watch then it is the better choice. Otherwise, just aesthetically I find silver to look better.
    09-13-2017 09:04 AM
    I'm kind of leaning that direction myself. Wondering if the Space Grey will be a smudge fest?
    09-13-2017 09:08 AM
    I'm kind of leaning that direction myself. Wondering if the Space Grey will be a smudge fest?
    Probably, but to be honest they both will and silver could actually be worse. I remember wanting to get the silver Note 7 last year and the silver finish showed fingerprints so much. I think both will be bad. That aside, with an all-glass body you will need a case, and a decent one at that because one drop and the phone is toast.
    09-13-2017 09:12 AM
    Probably, but to be honest they both will and silver could actually be worse. I remember wanting to get the silver Note 7 last year and the silver finish showed fingerprints so much. I think both will be bad. That aside, with an all-glass body you will need a case, and a decent one at that because one drop and the phone is toast.
    Either I am color blind or the silver looks more like a off white so the smudge wouldn't be as bad as the space grey or the note as you compared. Any how I think Silver is a go.
    09-13-2017 09:40 AM
    If these photos on the Apple Store app are true, Im glad the Space Gray is darker for 2017 so I will definitely be going with Space Gray...

nikkisharif likes this.
    09-13-2017 09:55 AM
    Based on the rumors, I had my heart set on copper!!
    Matty, eLIZabeth001 and Sherry_B like this.
    09-13-2017 11:38 AM
    Since I am not pre-ordering this time.. I want to actually see/feel it before buying. So my color choice will be based on "what is in stock" (if any).. If by sheer luck both are available, I will go with Space Gray. That's if I decide to take the plunge. Still debating as I don't take spending $1600.00 USD lightly. (Phone / Apple Care / Case / Tax)
    dejanh likes this.
    09-13-2017 12:27 PM
    Off the bat, I instantly loved the Silver colour. Maybe because i was hoping to see a white colour and its the closest to it. Then again, i would have to see both colours in person before i make a final decision on it Do you think we will get a shiny ProductRED colour later next year like we did this year? That was a nice little surprise.

Haha yeah, there were lots of rumours. EverythingApplePro gave me so much hope lol. Ah well, maybe next time around we will get something very different.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-13-2017 01:53 PM
    Either I am color blind or the silver looks more like a off white so the smudge wouldn't be as bad as the space grey or the note as you compared. Any how I think Silver is a go.
    Exactly what I thought, looks like a matte white to me. But overall a great looking,I got color.

My choice would be the black.
    aidmyaim likes this.
    09-13-2017 01:58 PM
    Looking at some of the hands-on videos now, I think I am starting to like black more. The silver back looks more like a dirty white. Not sure...almost requires in-person view.
    09-13-2017 03:17 PM
    For me whatever color is best is the color of the case = Black all the time.. so.. moot at best.
    09-13-2017 04:20 PM
    The best color is/would be... Product Red
    Premium1 and simplylaurakb like this.
    09-13-2017 04:58 PM
    Anyone know what the color of the band around the space gray is? The silver is very obviously a chrome/etc. but I can't find a good shot of the band on space gray? Looks like it might be a black stainless color like the watches but it's hard to tell from what little pics/videos I've found so far. Even the iMore videos showed off all angles of the silver but almost none of the gray they had in hand.
    09-13-2017 05:05 PM
    Anyone know what the color of the band around the space gray is? The silver is very obviously a chrome/etc. but I can't find a good shot of the band on space gray? Looks like it might be a black stainless color like the watches but it's hard to tell from what little pics/videos I've found so far. Even the iMore videos showed off all angles of the silver but almost none of the gray they had in hand.
    They're all (both) Surgical Stainless Steel... (I believe)
    Nonsenseinsd8 likes this.
    09-13-2017 05:25 PM
    Yeah I was talking about if the gray one was colored to match. So, I found one video that makes it look like it's a polished black/dark color that sort of matches the glossy space gray color vs. the "chrome" looking one on the silver. Hopefully we'll get some better pics soon.
    09-13-2017 05:40 PM
    I found this photo on Instagram...
    nikkisharif and DarkBlade_95 like this.
    09-13-2017 05:41 PM
    Yeah I was talking about if the gray one was colored to match. So, I found one video that makes it look like it's a polished black/dark color that sort of matches the glossy space gray color vs. the "chrome" looking one on the silver. Hopefully we'll get some better pics soon.
    I could be Way Way wrong here, but I think that's just the reflection. I think they're all just the standard surgical stainless. My case will cover it regardless, so I am ambivalent about the color choice this year. It's going to have to be "whatever is in stock" as I am not sure I want to pre-order w/o seeing it in person first.
    09-13-2017 05:43 PM
    Pretty sure that's the silver. I've seen it have that same color shift on the back in a number of videos and when they finish turning it fully into view and into the light it's the silver phone.
    09-13-2017 05:43 PM
    It's recyclable Stainless Steel...
    09-13-2017 05:44 PM
    Pretty sure that's the silver. I've seen it have that same color shift on the back in a number of videos and when they finish turning it fully into view and into the light it's the silver phone.
    Humm, I don't think that's the silver. It's to dark. The silver is almost white this year...

09-13-2017 05:49 PM
    Maybe we're looking at this color situation all wrong. A polished Space Gray Stainless Steel is probably more correct.
    09-13-2017 05:53 PM
    Humm, I don't think that's the silver. It's to dark. The silver is almost white this year...
    Watch a few videos where they flip the phone around kinda slow and you'll see what I'm talking about. Lighting + the glass makes it look a little dark until it's turned better into view/lighting. I watched so many videos trying to see what color the band is on the space gray and they'd start to turn it over and I'd think "ah I found one" only to be "DOH it's the silver again".
    09-13-2017 05:55 PM
    Maybe we're looking at this color situation all wrong. A polished Space Gray Stainless Steel is probably more correct.
    Probably. Honestly I'm probably just going to get whichever is easiest to get via Upgrade Program pre-orders/reservations. Both look really nice. I wasn't too sure about the known "chrome" looking band on the silver but the more I see it the more I like that combo as well. I just didn't want the cheesy (IMO) look of chrome/white plastic but even though the silver looks really white something about that glass back screams "not cheesy" instead if that makes any sense.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-13-2017 05:58 PM
    Yes, I was looking forward to that color as well...
    09-13-2017 06:02 PM
43 12