Which color iPhone X is best?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure that's the silver. I've seen it have that same color shift on the back in a number of videos and when they finish turning it fully into view and into the light it's the silver phone.

Humm, I don't think that's the silver. It's to dark. The silver is almost white this year...
d3bcb6ecda69c6fe49031ca7c09a3058.png

a53396de235593c6e90dd5946e2c1e7e.png

7f623092cccb7924562162215e95b229.png

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe we're looking at this color situation all wrong. A polished Space Gray Stainless Steel is probably more correct.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Humm, I don't think that's the silver. It's to dark. The silver is almost white this year...

Watch a few videos where they flip the phone around kinda slow and you'll see what I'm talking about. Lighting + the glass makes it look a little dark until it's turned better into view/lighting. I watched so many videos trying to see what color the band is on the space gray and they'd start to turn it over and I'd think "ah I found one" only to be "DOH it's the silver again".

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Maybe we're looking at this color situation all wrong. A polished Space Gray Stainless Steel is probably more correct.

Probably. Honestly I'm probably just going to get whichever is easiest to get via Upgrade Program pre-orders/reservations. Both look really nice. I wasn't too sure about the known "chrome" looking band on the silver but the more I see it the more I like that combo as well. I just didn't want the cheesy (IMO) look of chrome/white plastic but even though the silver looks really white something about that glass back screams "not cheesy" instead if that makes any sense.

eLIZabeth001

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Both colors are nice. I wish they would have thrown in the Gold color though. Most likely I will end up going with the Space Grey since all my other apple products are black or grey...

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
With both having a black screen bezels doesn't matter to much to me. Going with the apple folio case and you can't tell the back color.

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I remember wanting to get the silver Note 7 last year and the silver finish showed fingerprints so much.
Yeah, but don't the Samsung phones, particularly the silver models, have more of a mirror finish to them? The silver iPhones have typically been matte in appearance.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Silver for me. I've been wanting an iPhone with a silver/gold back AND black front for a long time. Never liked the white fronts so this color combo is perfect for me.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
How could any color be the "best".. ?? Best for you, is what you personally like best. I doubt any color would wear better (we're not talking Jet Black here).. no would it prevent a "bullet" better. Color is based on your desire.. and sadly if we're talking the X, based on whatever is in stock when you try to order. Considering the lower sales of the Silver 8's over the Space Gray, if you're not 1st in line or first online, your choice may be Silver or wait.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what the color of the band around the space gray is? The silver is very obviously a chrome/etc. but I can't find a good shot of the band on space gray? Looks like it might be a black stainless color like the watches but it's hard to tell from what little pics/videos I've found so far. Even the iMore videos showed off all angles of the silver but almost none of the gray they had in hand.

I came on here looking for the answer to that, as I find on some vids that the stainless steel band/frame looks darker (less shiny if that makes sense) than on the silver iPhone X.

Anyway, I asked iMore's Serenity Caldwell on Twitter and she said the following (you can see a screenshot I took from Twitter)

Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 10.48.52 pm.png

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox