The notch is like Fred Savage’s mole in ‘Austin Powers’

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I’m fairly certain you misinterpreted my comment because what I was saying was that the notch, “on it's own is not appealing” but that the X as a whole is beautiful much like Cindy Crawford’s mole, “on it’s own is not appealing” but that she, as a complete package, is beautiful.

I probably wasn’t clear but hope that clears up my view of the X with it's notch.

I probably did misinterpret because when I was a teenager I liked Kathy Ireland a lot more. Different strokes. But I get what you're saying.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I had a feeling you’d say that since the differences are a bit more dramatic in overall design with the Plus being so dated and the in screen quality since the screen on the X is so much more rich and vibrant while the differences in screen size and battery are so tiny as they are nearly the same.

This is a brilliant response to the illustration the OP used. Cindy Crawford wouldn’t be Cindy Crawford without that mole and the X wouldn’t be the X without the notch. On it’s own it’s not appealing but with the whole package..........most people would agree they are both beautiful.

Yeah, I mean the 8 Plus is great but it is dated.
At the end of the day, I’d recommend an X over the 8 Plus.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
Notch is hideous. It’s annoying when you play games, watch videos, and even some apps that have bright colored backgrounds at the top (like Tapatalk with orange top bar).

Don’t get me wrong, I like my X but not to the extent of saying notch doesn’t bother me.

I have Essential phone too and that camera notch has never bothered me at all. Essential nailed it in their design while Apple gave us all a notch we cannot forget.

elron24

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
At first, I was more inclined to get the 8+ than the X because of the design. The notch is a sore in the eyes, as most Youtube reviewers say but then I realized, the notch is one of the reasons that make the iPhone X unique and one of a kind. Browsing, playing games or watching videos in full screen, it doesn't bother me at all because most of the things I am looking at is in the middle and not on the side of the notch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods