So with the notch, are we seeing more video or less than a 8/8+? Much more or much less?
    01-14-2018 06:35 PM
    So with the notch, are we seeing more video or less than a 8/8+? Much more or much less?
    Notch or no notch, the aspect ratio on the X sucks for video in landscape. And when there are apps that allow you to fill the entire screen (i.e. YouTube) with the video it’s cropped. Regardless of whether that bothers someone or not, it’s a shortcoming.
    01-16-2018 12:26 AM
    Less.
    Even gaming is much better on the 8+
    01-16-2018 06:30 AM
    Less.
    Even gaming is much better on the 8+
    So since you have both devices which one do you prefer to use on a daily basis and why?

I know there are pros and cons of each device, just a matter of what outweighs the other
    TripleOne likes this.
    01-16-2018 06:35 AM
    So since you have both devices which one do you prefer to use on a daily basis and why?

I know there are pros and cons of each device, just a matter of what outweighs the other
    I use both equally. I love both very much, and the A11 on both devices makes it
    Design? X
    Display size? 8 Plus
    Display quality? X
    Battery life? 8 Plus
    cwbcpa likes this.
    01-16-2018 07:05 AM
    I use both equally. I love both very much, and the A11 on both devices makes it
    Design? X
    Display size? 8 Plus
    Display quality? X
    Battery life? 8 Plus
    If you had to choose one!!!!????
    01-16-2018 07:57 AM
    If you had to choose one!!!!????
    X
    popkurn611 likes this.
    01-16-2018 08:18 AM
    I notice the notch most when gaming. Though I don't do a whole lot of gaming for it to matter. And I don't really watch many videos on my phone. I've had smartphones for over 10 years and I've never watched an entire movie on my device, lol. So for me, it's not a problem.
    01-16-2018 10:58 AM
    The whole notch subject is beaten to death. It's not as bad as the OP says (Fred's mole in Austin Powers). More like Cindy Crawford's mole. It's not as bad or big an issue and it's something we can live with.
    01-20-2018 11:56 PM
    No offense to the OP, but I feel like the notch conversation should be done at this point. If you don't mind or like it, great. If you hate it, that's great too. Get something else and move on. I think the more poignant conversation should be where Apple is going next. Are their design decisions going to hinder or move them forward?
    01-22-2018 10:06 AM
    No offense to the OP, but I feel like the notch conversation should be done at this point. If you don't mind or like it, great. If you hate it, that's great too. Get something else and move on. I think the more poignant conversation should be where Apple is going next. Are their design decisions going to hinder or move them forward?
    Check out the original date of the post.
    01-22-2018 11:25 AM
    Check out the original date of the post.
    Oopsie! my bad.
    01-22-2018 11:53 AM
    X
    I had a feeling you’d say that since the differences are a bit more dramatic in overall design with the Plus being so dated and the in screen quality since the screen on the X is so much more rich and vibrant while the differences in screen size and battery are so tiny as they are nearly the same.

The whole notch subject is beaten to death. It's not as bad as the OP says (Fred's mole in Austin Powers). More like Cindy Crawford's mole. It's not as bad or big an issue and it's something we can live with.
    This is a brilliant response to the illustration the OP used. Cindy Crawford wouldn’t be Cindy Crawford without that mole and the X wouldn’t be the X without the notch. On it’s own it’s not appealing but with the whole package..........most people would agree they are both beautiful.
    01-23-2018 09:16 AM
    On it’s own it’s not appealing but with the whole package..........most people would agree they are both beautiful.
    Since someone bumped up my thread where I shared an opinion two months before the X was launched, I might as well just respond to this. "On its own it's not appealing" is an opinion that probably 99% of the buyers of the iPhone X don't share. Anyone who has bought it, including myself, would buy it if it didn't have the notch. I think what you said is a stretch.

By the way, four months later, I'm over it. I own the phone and I still prefer it without a notch. But it's moot at this point.
    01-23-2018 11:46 AM
    Since someone bumped up my thread where I shared an opinion two months before the X was launched, I might as well just respond to this. "On its own it's not appealing" is an opinion that probably 99% of the buyers of the iPhone X don't share. Anyone who has bought it, including myself, would buy it if it didn't have the notch. I think what you said is a stretch.

By the way, four months later, I'm over it. I own the phone and I still prefer it without a notch. But it's moot at this point.
    I’m fairly certain you misinterpreted my comment because what I was saying was that the notch, “on it's own is not appealing” but that the X as a whole is beautiful much like Cindy Crawford’s mole, “on it’s own is not appealing” but that she, as a complete package, is beautiful.

I probably wasn’t clear but hope that clears up my view of the X with it's notch.
    01-23-2018 11:54 AM
    I’m fairly certain you misinterpreted my comment because what I was saying was that the notch, “on it's own is not appealing” but that the X as a whole is beautiful much like Cindy Crawford’s mole, “on it’s own is not appealing” but that she, as a complete package, is beautiful.

I probably wasn’t clear but hope that clears up my view of the X with it's notch.
    I probably did misinterpret because when I was a teenager I liked Kathy Ireland a lot more. Different strokes. But I get what you're saying.
    01-23-2018 12:09 PM
    I had a feeling you’d say that since the differences are a bit more dramatic in overall design with the Plus being so dated and the in screen quality since the screen on the X is so much more rich and vibrant while the differences in screen size and battery are so tiny as they are nearly the same.

This is a brilliant response to the illustration the OP used. Cindy Crawford wouldn’t be Cindy Crawford without that mole and the X wouldn’t be the X without the notch. On it’s own it’s not appealing but with the whole package..........most people would agree they are both beautiful.
    Yeah, I mean the 8 Plus is great but it is dated.
    At the end of the day, I’d recommend an X over the 8 Plus.
    01-24-2018 09:20 PM
    Notch is hideous. It’s annoying when you play games, watch videos, and even some apps that have bright colored backgrounds at the top (like Tapatalk with orange top bar).

Don’t get me wrong, I like my X but not to the extent of saying notch doesn’t bother me.

I have Essential phone too and that camera notch has never bothered me at all. Essential nailed it in their design while Apple gave us all a notch we cannot forget.
    01-25-2018 08:35 AM
    At first, I was more inclined to get the 8+ than the X because of the design. The notch is a sore in the eyes, as most Youtube reviewers say but then I realized, the notch is one of the reasons that make the iPhone X unique and one of a kind. Browsing, playing games or watching videos in full screen, it doesn't bother me at all because most of the things I am looking at is in the middle and not on the side of the notch.
    01-28-2018 06:23 AM
    Essential nailed it in their design while Apple gave us all a notch we cannot forget.
    I don’t agree with this at all. The notch is no more or less important to me than the antenna stripes. I like it. I know it’s ugly... to some.
    01-28-2018 04:11 PM
    I love the notch!
    02-01-2018 10:07 PM
46 12