I often hear people say that they always buy “the most expensive iPhone” and it’s a safe bet that they’ll buy “the most expensive iPhone X”. With that in mind, I always wondered why they didn’t say what was more accurate - that they always buy an iPhone with the most storage space. Think about it. With the exception of having more storage, what makes one more expensive than the other? With the exception of having more storage space, are they not identical in EVERY way?
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 09-12-2017 at 09:26 PM.
    Matty likes this.
    09-12-2017 08:07 PM
    From what I gathered they are the same but I could have missed something
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-12-2017 08:10 PM
    Except for storage, they are identical.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-12-2017 08:20 PM
    The 8 and X is basically the same, x tad bit larger, face id,full screen, and so on.

8 tad smaller then the x not a full screen. Doesn't offer the portrait beta mode (which I don't care for) and some other stuff the x offers which I think is a waste.
    Jude526 likes this.
    09-12-2017 08:55 PM
    Except for storage, they are identical.
    Well there are a couple differences but nothing major. iPhone 8 vs X. The first is obviously "Face ID". The next would be the HDR display. That would be a nice upgrade for viewing videos and various other content. The other would be in the camera department relating to the "Portrait Lighting" which is still in beta but its an additional feature that the iPhone X has
    09-12-2017 09:03 PM
    The 8 and X is basically the same, x tad bit larger, face id,full screen, and so on.

8 tad smaller then the x not a full screen. Doesn't offer the portrait beta mode (which I don't care for) and some other stuff the x offers which I think is a waste.
    Huh?
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-12-2017 09:08 PM
    Well there are a couple differences but nothing major. iPhone 8 vs X. The first is obviously "Face ID". The next would be the HDR display. That would be a nice upgrade for viewing videos and various other content. The other would be in the camera department relating to the "Portrait Lighting" which is still in beta but its an additional feature that the iPhone X has
    dejanh correctly answered the question in regard to what I laid out in the original post. With the exception of storage space, the most expensive iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, etc., are completely identical to their less expensive counterparts.
    09-12-2017 09:13 PM
    Other than the storage space, everything else is the same
    09-13-2017 01:20 AM