If I upgrade I'll probably go with the 8 Plus. The bezels haven't bothered me for ten years.
    Jude526 likes this.
    09-14-2017 02:33 PM
    I'm enjoying the upgraded speaker, processor, and camera on the iPhone 8. I wanted to check out the X, but I will miss the home button & don't see an unlocked version available so will pass until unlocked is available. None of my phones the last 4 years were locked to a carrier...
    10-18-2017 01:08 PM
    While it might seem expensive to people who have paid subsidized prices for years. I’ve been paying full price for my iPhones from since I could remember. I’ve been spending upwards of $900 for my iPhone from the beginning. I have not been on contract getting gouged by carriers all that time as well. The way I see it I don’t drink, smoke or have a caffeine addiction so this is one of my two vices lol. This year I had to do a little future planning tho. I have a red iPhone 7. So when my wife started complaining about her iPhone 6 I suggested she buy an iPhone 8 and not renew her contract. Once she got the new phone and had stars in her eyes she asked me “You’re going to order the iPhone X aren’t you?” lol she knows me so well. As for the Touch ID I’m pretty sure the phone will be able to scan your face from an angle sitting on the table. Do you really think the people who engineered the iPhone X didn’t think about that use case?
    H_D likes this.
    10-18-2017 04:40 PM
    It depends on what phone you have.

IPhone 7 - I would go for the iPhone X. Not a significant upgraded from iPhone 8. Or, wait next year.

iPhone 6/6s - iPhone 8 if you prefer performance more than the design and you don’t mind having the same look and feel of a 3-year old design plus adding another 1 or 2 more years depending on when you’re going to do do your next upgrade. Get IPhone X if you prefer the design. The performance of both phone is the same with some additional features on iPhone X.

IPhone 5S and below. You won’t regret whether you pick 8 or X. Both phones will offer you significant performance and they both have different design than your old phone.
    10-21-2017 11:34 AM
    I'm going to keep my 7+ until the iPhone 9 comes out. By then, the X will have dropped in price, making it a little more affordable. £1000 for a phone is verging on the ridiculous.
    10-21-2017 01:51 PM
    The X is starting to peak my interest lately. I use both platforms Android and IOS. The only android device I use is my phone which is note 8 and blackberry keyone. Reading about the X is both exciting and worrisome. The new OS on the X is different than the 8 and will Apple keep the same OS for all new devices or if the X is a flop will they drop it and go back to a home button? I see this year's launch as a test launch for Apple, love the X but will it stay around or eventually go away. The launch of the 8 has been somewhat of a failure with production being cut in half last week so does this mean everyone wants the X or has Apple lost their MOJO this time?
    10-21-2017 05:07 PM
    I chose the 8 Plus over the X because I’m not ready to give up my home button just yet. Want to see the X in real action first and see how I feel about it before making a change I may regret. I don’t love the notch but I’m not that bothered by it either. It’s just the home button that’s holding me back. I’m enjoying my 8 plus and I’m sure the X will be a fantastic device as well for those who pick one up.
    10-22-2017 01:58 PM
    8 Plus for me. I've went from 6 Plus to 6S Plus to 7 Plus to 8 Plus, so I'm really familiar with the design but I like that, and I like Touch ID. And the fact the speed will be the same, no reason for me to go for it. I'll likely go for the X Plus or whatever next year but I like a big phone in the hand, I have huge hands and smaller phones feel funny.
    10-22-2017 05:22 PM
    The X is starting to peak my interest lately. I use both platforms Android and IOS. The only android device I use is my phone which is note 8 and blackberry keyone. Reading about the X is both exciting and worrisome. The new OS on the X is different than the 8 and will Apple keep the same OS for all new devices or if the X is a flop will they drop it and go back to a home button? I see this year's launch as a test launch for Apple, love the X but will it stay around or eventually go away. The launch of the 8 has been somewhat of a failure with production being cut in half last week so does this mean everyone wants the X or has Apple lost their MOJO this time?
    Yep, it’ll refresh the user experience as it’ll be based on gestures. And I believe that it is here to stay for a few years.
    10-22-2017 06:58 PM
    I'm waiting until the X has been out at least a few weeks before I make a decision. Still rocking with my 6S Plus until then.
    10-28-2017 03:07 PM
    Keep your 6s Plus. That’s what I’m doing. Want to see how this notch thing goes and maybe next year get a plus model of the x.
    10-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Keep your 6s Plus. That’s what I’m doing. Want to see how this notch thing goes and maybe next year get a plus model of the x.
    Yup!
    There’s no rush, it’s always good to wait and see the reviews first.
    10-28-2017 07:11 PM
    I got the smaller 8 on launch day, and have the X coming Friday.
    10-30-2017 09:34 AM
    I need to get thru my unexpected health problem. But personally if I were to upgrade now it would be for the 8+. I wouldn’t like just face ID
    I really like Touch ID. That and the price are deal breakers.
    Wrong not to have both options on the X. Samsung listened when they built the Note 5 without SD card. So maybe Apple will listen and the XI will have both face ID and Touch ID
    10-30-2017 08:22 PM
    But I really like the bezel. So the ax is not for me. If offered to try free. Lol
    But I wouldn’t buy it
    10-30-2017 08:24 PM
    I don't know how some of you can stay on the 6/6+. My 6 Plus is borderline useless. At times, I can't even open a text message, let alone apps. I have done everything possible to speed it up, including several resets. So, for me, this year was an upgrade year, no doubt about it. And with that, comes my vice of always getting the newest, flashiest technology. Since I refuse to use an Android phone, that was the X for me. I've spent close to $1,000.00 on a single dinner (I don't recommend this lol) so $1,000.00 for a device that I literally rely on for personal and business reasons is justified. At $40.00/mo, I can't complain. But, I do see the value and attraction of the 8. I recommended my parents get the 8 (they did) as this was their first time with an iPhone.
    10-30-2017 09:08 PM
    I don't know how some of you can stay on the 6/6+. My 6 Plus is borderline useless. At times, I can't even open a text message, let alone apps. I have done everything possible to speed it up, including several resets. So, for me, this year was an upgrade year, no doubt about it. And with that, comes my vice of always getting the newest, flashiest technology. Since I refuse to use an Android phone, that was the X for me. I've spent close to $1,000.00 on a single dinner (I don't recommend this lol) so $1,000.00 for a device that I literally rely on for personal and business reasons is justified. At $40.00/mo, I can't complain. But, I do see the value and attraction of the 8. I recommended my parents get the 8 (they did) as this was their first time with an iPhone.
    For close to $1,000 that meal would need to give me super powers. There becomes a point when you can’t get any fancier for food, and that’s much less than $1,000. Sorry, off topic rant, but that just makes no sense to me lol
    10-30-2017 09:35 PM
    For close to $1,000 that meal would need to give me super powers. There becomes a point when you can’t get any fancier for food, and that’s much less than $1,000. Sorry, off topic rant, but that just makes no sense to me lol
    Man, the fiancé wanted to go to Prime 112 here a couple years back. Once in a lifetime experience and she was happy. Win/win for me, big loss for my wallet. I’m okay with the trade off. Plus the steak was damn good. Lol. But I’m with you.
    10-30-2017 09:37 PM
    I purchased a 256gb 8+ last week after I gave my 6 to my father. The screen on his 5 had just popped off and the battery, which had already been replaced once, would only last an hour at most. It was time he had something newer.

Before this, I was really conflicted about waiting for the X or getting the 8+. People I know with a + (6 or 7) said to just get one. A bigger screen and a faster processor sounded good. I really like Touch ID and also wanted the newer, duel lens camera. Trying the 8+ seemed like a no brainer and I really like it except one thing. It's just too big for me.

I decided to try and order an X at 3am and see if I could get it on launch day. If that happened, I could return the 8+ within the 14 day window. It's happening. My Space Gray, 256 gb iPhone X is preparing for shipment and my charges are pending. It will be here on the 3rd according to all my confirmations. The 8+ will go back on the 2nd. This way I won't have to deal with the launch day crowd. Looking forward to trying this thing out.
    10-30-2017 10:29 PM
    My 8 Plus is only a week old. It's my first real foray into iOS. If I decide iOS works better for me, I'll get the 10 early next year once they are a little easier to find.
    10-31-2017 06:57 AM
45 12