Official: iPhone X Pre-Order / Waiting Room

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Was gonna try to flip mine but didn’t get an outrageous profit so I gave it to my wife. Now I am jealous even though my ip8 and galaxy s8 kick ***. I didn’t like the lack of a home button but now that I played with her x I am convinced it will work for me.

Silver 256gb iPhone X

Broodn

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
To those who ordered from the Apple store app. Mine went from ordering is being processed to your order will available soon does that my order will ship soon. Thanks for any replies

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I think it might be ready. Are they supposed to send you an email or something when it’s coming? With att I’m supposed to get an email. Every time my email dings I stop everything to look to see if it’s them. It’s driving me crazy. I’ve don’t think I’ve ever thought this much about a phone before. It better be worth It.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
The sims match between the two? I wasn’t sure if the X had a different size sim.

I didn’t have to swap the SIM. The only thing is once you pay the tax and completed your transaction at the store, your old phone will be deactivated automatically. I went home without a cell signal on my old phone but once I got home and turn on my new phone, it activated right away without swapping the SIM.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Well, I spent yesterday settling up and playing around with my new SG X, and a few first impressions are:
Love Face ID - to me it feels as fast, if not faster than Touch ID.
Non optimized apps - yeah, definitely not a fan of the apps I have that haven’t been updated for the X’s screen, I’d describe this situation being somewhat akin to running an iPhone app on an iPad mini at its’ native size (instead of going with the 2x option).
The notch - it wasn’t, and isn’t a deal breaker for me, but I did notice it every once and awhile. It’s like when you’re watching a movie, or aT V show intently and some noise or movement takes you out of what your viewing briefly, but then after a moment your right back into your content. White/bright backgrounds don’t do the notch any favors imo.
Overall, so far it’s been a great time for me using (playing) around with it. I’d definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to experience what I think is Apple’s vision for the future of the iPhone.

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Just an FYI for those hoping for the dates to be moved up. My wife’s shipment date for her silver 256 was moved up from the 16-24th and was already shipped to arrive this Friday.

iMark

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Mine is still stuck at November 17-24

Ditto. Frustrating to see no change, especially as others have had their dates moved up, seen others who have cancelled their pre-orders and bought in stores, and seeing available inventory sent to stores instead of filling previous pre-orders.

Agpe17

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Ditto. Frustrating to see no change, especially as others have had their dates moved up, seen others who have cancelled their pre-orders and bought in stores, and seeing available inventory sent to stores instead of filling previous pre-orders.

Agreee. Going to keep trying stores. Can’t wait until 12/1!

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I ordered through ATT and my original ship date was 12/4 - 12/18, I then got an email last weekend indicating the shipment was moved up to 11/27 - 12/4 and this past weekend I got another update that it was moved up to 11/17 - 11/27. Although I don't expect it, I'm hoping I get another update this coming weekend saying it has shipped!!!

bparks115

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I’m in the 11/17-11/24 shipping window. 256GB SG AT&T, ordered on Apple Store, using AT&T Next plan to finance. Got my confirmation email at 3:11am EST.

I have seen dozens of cases where people ordering the exact same phone via the iPhone Upgrade Program get deliver dates moved up from as far out as December to this week. Several iUP users had the same delivery window as me, but got their phones on launch day. Apple is obviously prioritizing iUP users, although they won’t admit it. In my opinion this is bad customer service... not a good practice. People should not receive priority delivery based on how they choose to pay for their phone.

I would encourage people who are frustrated to call Apple and voice your opinion. Don’t be rude or abrasive, just straightforward and honest. I spoke with a senior advisor earlier today and voiced my opinion politely and she was very understanding an receptive. While she could not confirm whether or not Apple prioritized deliveries, she did acknowledge that a decision like that would come from much higher up in the chain of command. She made note of my complaint, gave me a case number and encouraged me to go to Apple.com/feedback and also voice my concerns there with a reference to the case number. She offered a free iPhone X case for my troubles and when I told her i already had a case, she gave me a free wireless charger!

If enough people make some noise, the process WILL change. Apple cares about its customers and wants us to keep us coming back.

Last edited:

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I’m in the 11/17-11/24 shipping window. 256GB SG AT&T, ordered on Apple Store, using AT&T Next plan to finance. Got my confirmation email at 3:11am EST.

I have seen dozens of cases where people ordering the exact same phone via the iPhone Upgrade Program get deliver dates moved up from as far out as December to this week. Several iUP users had the same delivery window as me, but got their phones on launch day. Apple is obviously prioritizing iUP users, although they won’t admit it. In my opinion this is bad customer service... not a good practice. People should not receive priority delivery based on how they choose to pay for their phone.

I would encourage people who are frustrated to call Apple and voice your opinion. Don’t be rude or abrasive, just straightforward and honest. I spoke with a senior advisor earlier today and voiced my opinion politely and she was very understanding an receptive. While she could not confirm whether or not Apple prioritized deliveries, she did acknowledge that a decision like that would come from much higher up in the chain of command. She made note of my complaint, gave me a case number and encouraged me to go to Apple.com/feedback and also voice my concerns there with a reference to the case number. She offered a free iPhone X case for my troubles and when I told her i already had a case, she gave me a free wireless charger!

If enough people make some noise, the process WILL change. Apple cares about its customers and wants us to keep us coming back.

I agree with you on this, though at least the rep you spoke with made a genuine effort it appears to show appreciation on Apple's behalf with you being a customer and taking the time to voice your concern and frustration with them. I know a lot of companies could care less when someone is genuinely frustrated with them and will try to pass the buck on to someone else or just try to placate with obvious false consideration.

I can vouch that sometimes taking time to voice concern and/or frustration with something can be an exercise in futility, but sometimes it does indeed help. At the very least it can be somewhat cathartic.

Josh Easley

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I got the email that moved my shipping to 11/27 to 12/4 but not from 11/17 to 11/27, hopefully mine will move up to that shipping time :). I am glad they are improving at all

iMark

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I agree with you on this, though at least the rep you spoke with made a genuine effort it appears to show appreciation on Apple's behalf with you being a customer and taking the time to voice your concern and frustration with them. I know a lot of companies could care less when someone is genuinely frustrated with them and will try to pass the buck on to someone else or just try to placate with obvious false consideration.

I can vouch that sometimes taking time to voice concern and/or frustration with something can be an exercise in futility, but sometimes it does indeed help. At the very least it can be somewhat cathartic.

I ordered on line at 3:20 am. gray/256. Delivery date was 11/17-11/24 and has not changed. I have contacted Apple by phone and chat, and they continue to insist that all orders are filled on a first-come-first-served basis. I respectfully disagreed since there are stories of people here who have received their phones or had order dates moved up despite their ordering hours after I did. They just say they understand and apologize because there's nothing they can do.

I don't think they should be sending available inventory to stores when there are unfilled pre-orders. That inventory should be used for orders already placed.

sinigangster

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Pre-ordered iPhone X 256 GB in Silver on Oct. 27 with T-Mobile in store. Estimated shipping date Nov 10-Dec 01. They haven't charged my CC yet so ...:crying: Anyone else on the same boat?

Broodn

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Ordered mine through the Apple App Store app with delivery for November 17-24 an it’s still in progress. Looks like I won’t be one of the lucky ones to get my early and none of the Apple stores in my area haven’t had any in stock.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR