Official: iPhone X Pre-Order / Waiting Room

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately that won’t work for me I’ve already my upgrade for ordering it online so if I cancel it I would still have to wait 24-48 hours for my upgrade to back onto my AT&T account. I’m hopeful it will ship this coming week an maybe get it week before Apple’s date.

Exact same thing that AT&T on the line told me that it might take 24 to 48 hours even the guy at Apple store but the Apple customer support I talked to said it would only take 15-30 mins. I believed the Apple customer support person on the phone so I told him to go ahead and cancel it. Waited for 30 mins and checked my account status on my AT&T app and my contract got reset. It says my phone is eligible for upgrade again. Went back to Apple store and picked up the phone that I reserved. This happens on launch day when I did my in store pickup reservation and changed my mind on getting a different model when I saw the silver phone. At the end of the day, I got the phone that I really wanted silver/256GB. I don’t know if I got lucky but the Apple customer support guy on the phone seems to know more. He even assured me that it will only take 15-30 mins. I’m not advising you to take a chance. Just sharing you my experience. If it does take 24-48 hours, you can still check Apple store the next day. They started having stocks every day starting today but you have to be early in reserving it. They run out fast.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
We had a Nov 17-24 delivery date but saw that the two phones we wanted were available at a nearby store so we canceled our pre-orders, ordered the two phones and picked them up today. Yay!

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately that won’t work for me I’ve already my upgrade for ordering it online so if I cancel it I would still have to wait 24-48 hours for my upgrade to back onto my AT&T account. I’m hopeful it will ship this coming week an maybe get it week before Apple’s date.

I am aware this may not be suitable for everyone’s situation. Although I usually pay for my iPhones at full retail, the times I have done the att NEXT plan and wanted to for example swap colors or storage size, they have to effectively “reset” my upgrade but in my experiences, for me, the reset was almost instantaneous. Of course, everyone’s results may vary.

I basically wanted to disclose here in the forums what I was told by my local Apple store today in the “general” sense of things. It may be helpful for some, and not so much for others.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I am aware this may not be suitable for everyone’s situation. Although I usually pay for my iPhones at full retail, the times I have done the att NEXT plan and wanted to for example swap colors or storage size, they have to effectively “reset” my upgrade but in my experiences, for me, the reset was almost instantaneous. Of course, everyone’s results may vary.

I basically wanted to disclose here in the forums what I was told by my local Apple store today in the “general” sense of things. It may be helpful for some, and not so much for others.

I am on ATT next plan also and you’re correct they have to reset your contract first. It happened to me on launch day that I changed my mind when I saw the silver color at the store. I canceled my order and it took 30 mins to reset my contract. A lot better than what the Apple guy told me at the store that it would take 24-48 hours. I’m very happy that I got the phone that I really wanted.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I am on ATT next plan also and you’re correct they have to reset your contract first. It happened to me on launch day that I changed my mind when I saw the silver color at the store. I canceled my order and it took 30 mins to reset my contract. A lot better than what the Apple guy told me at the store that it would take 24-48 hours. I’m very happy that I got the phone that I really wanted.

This is why I just pay in full. I like the flexibility.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Well I have an appointment at an Apple store to pick up my iPhone X at 11am this morning. I don’t really like driving that far...but it beats waiting for a couple of weeks.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I’m getting the silver 256gb.

I am also keeping my preorder in place for the same size and color phone, my son wants it.

Nice! I saw the Silver at a TMo store Friday. I got the Space Grey, but you can't go wrong with the white back. I just wasn't sold on the polished silver frame. I hope you love yours as much as I love mine.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
How is the startup screen on the X. I know on my 7plus matte black the screen is black with a white Apple. The white bezels plus screens are light with a gray Apple. Don’t know if I should switch from a silver back to space gray just for the startup screen. All my phones have been dark colored.

Also still undecided about whether to keep the X pre order or get the 8 plus. Is anyone coming from the 7 Plus? If so, how is the screen difference? Is there that much of a difference especially in landscape mode

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
You know they say an early bird catches the worm and all that?
Well...

I cancelled my preorder, that was due for delivery 17th - 24th November. Reordered and ready for pickup today, Atlanta, GA.

I’m actually a little annoyed at this. To me preorders could have had a date bump. Just my opinion.

Have you been to the store at Avalon yet? I lived in Atl for 7 yrs, but now I'm bout an hour away. I haven't been to Atl since it opened.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone coming from the 7 Plus? If so, how is the screen difference? Is there that much of a difference especially in landscape mode

I have a 7 Plus and the screen on my X is phenomenal. Although the screen is a little slimmer, it doesn’t feel small at all. Watching videos in landscape is great. I don’t notice too much of a difference. It’s a great device!!!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
No, I haven’t. To be honest I only knew about the shops at Lennox and Cumberland...

There's one in Perimeter too.
The Avalon store is a freestanding store in a newer outdoor mall with all glass walls. It looks pretty cool. TBH I have been to Atl since it opened. I just didn't realize it was there at the time.

Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 8.52.38 AM.jpg

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
How is the startup screen on the X. I know on my 7plus matte black the screen is black with a white Apple. The white bezels plus screens are light with a gray Apple. Don’t know if I should switch from a silver back to space gray just for the startup screen. All my phones have been dark colored.

Also still undecided about whether to keep the X pre order or get the 8 plus. Is anyone coming from the 7 Plus? If so, how is the screen difference? Is there that much of a difference especially in landscape mode

I don’t miss my 7 Plus at all. The screen is narrowed by a smidge but it’s so much more comfortable to hold. I gave my jet black to the hubby and picked it up last night and couldn’t believe how clunky it felt lol

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I don’t miss my 7 Plus at all. The screen is narrowed by a smidge but it’s so much more comfortable to hold. I gave my jet black to the hubby and picked it up last night and couldn’t believe how clunky it felt lol

Me too! I don’t miss the screen size of the plus. Been using plus phone since iPhone 6 and surprisingly I was able to adjust right away with the screen size. The size overall of the the iPhone X is just perfect for me.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
3cf0cb3ff14fc49cf09df010e11dd124.jpg

Waiting for the store to open.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Good. Haven’t seen the X in person, only online and YouTube. Gonna wait for it to arrive to really see it in person. Staying with the silver since the startup screens are the same.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal