Official: iPhone X Pre-Order / Waiting Room

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Did you get anything else or just your phone? That box looks really big!

Nothing else. The box is strapped down with plastic inside to keep it from moving around. It basically a "personal shipping container" for the phone box. Yeah I was surprised at the size as well.

I was just about to ask you the outcome of your call, then I saw this So glad they found it...Congrats

Yeah they actually didn't find it on the calls, I just had to go down there and see since I was pretty sure it was actually at the distribution/customer center. Took them like 20 minutes and 3 people to find it. It actually had a label on it to the local UPS store, but I think that probably caused an issue once they tried to send it there or something and then somehow the rep from the distribution center that called me couldn't find it. It was definitely messed up somehow since it took them so long to find it when I got there. I"m just happy they found it. Friday is not a day to have your package go missing.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Pre-ordered my phone with 64GB space gray for store pickup. Got to Apple store at 8AM then I saw the silver kind of white phone and it really looks nice. I canceled my order in the store and got the silver color. I’ve upgraded also to 256GB while I’m at it. I’m pretty happy with my phone. I think I got what I really wanted.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Pre-ordered my phone with 64GB space gray for store pickup. Got to Apple store at 8AM then I saw the silver kind of white phone and it really looks nice. I canceled my order in the store and got the silver color. I’ve upgraded also to 256GB while I’m at it. I’m pretty happy with my phone. I think I got what I really wanted.

Congratulations!
256GB is great, it’s always better to have extra storage.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

The silver is nice. Chrome look around the phone looks good. And a good change up. Glad I went with this color.

Broodn

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
My girlfriend ordered hers through the Best Buy website it gave her a December 15th delivery date but it shipped today and she will have November 7th. Meanwhile I ordered mine through the Apple website and stilling waiting for it to ship I have a November 17-24 window. Next year I think gonna order from anywhere but Apple.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Wow. They let you change your order? That’s pretty great. I really hope I can find a 256 before my 14 days are up.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Wow. They let you change your order? That’s pretty great. I really hope I can find a 256 before my 14 days are up.

Yes but it was a risk. I had to cancel my previous order but Apple guy at the store is saying that it might take 24 to 48 hours before my contract through AT&T can reset. They can’t give me a new phone until I got it canceled completely and have my contract reset so I can be eligible for upgrade again. The problem is, they can only hold the phone that I want until 8PM only. The Apple person on the phone is saying it will only take 15 to 30 mins to reset. Both Apple employee on the phone and on the store are telling me different story. I gambled and took the risk. I believed the guy on the phone. I told the guy at the store that I’ll come back in 30 mins and just hold the phone for me. After 30 mins, I checked my AT&T account and low and behold, my phone is eligible for upgrade. Went back to Apple store again and got the phone. If the Apple guy in the store was right, I could have lost my chance to get an iPhone 10 today. Phew!!!

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Dinner over finally cracked the box open after backing up my 7+. I thought the back would be more translucent based on videos but still happy with the color

b964f3c4c99d1bf9c1c8808ece4972f3.jpg

d4894c879d4639d26de6796402480024.jpg

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes but it was a risk. I had to cancel my previous order but Apple guy at the store is saying that it might take 24 to 48 hours before my contract through AT&T can reset. They can’t give me a new phone until I got it canceled completely and have my contract reset so I can be eligible for upgrade again. The problem is, they can only hold the phone that I want until 8PM only. The Apple person on the phone is saying it will only take 15 to 30 mins to reset. Both Apple employee on the phone and on the store are telling me different story. I gambled and took the risk. I believed the guy on the phone. I told the guy at the store that I’ll come back in 30 mins and just hold the phone for me. After 30 mins, I checked my AT&T account and low and behold, my phone is eligible for upgrade. Went back to Apple store again and got the phone. If the Apple guy in the store was right, I could have lost my chance to get an iPhone 10 today. Phew!!!

Glad it worked out for you. Did you just go stand in line without a reservation to see if they had stock?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Not sure what the problem was, but activation didn't want to happen at first. First attempt flat out got an error like it couldn't talk to the server. Second time just hung, for like 15+ minutes. Then I remembered in the past I had to turn off find my iPhone on the old phone when upgrading at the store. I did NOT get any kind of prompt to do so then or now but the employees at the Apple Store would tell you to disable it. Not sure if that was actually the problem or not, but turned it off, and rebooted the X, then tried setup again and it went through really quick. Only downside is you have to start as new and update to 11.1 before you can restore a secure backup.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what the problem was, but activation didn't want to happen at first. First attempt flat out got an error like it couldn't talk to the server. Second time just hung, for like 15+ minutes. Then I remembered in the past I had to turn off find my iPhone on the old phone when upgrading at the store. I did NOT get any kind of prompt to do so then or now but the employees at the Apple Store would tell you to disable it. Not sure if that was actually the problem or not, but turned it off, and rebooted the X, then tried setup again and it went through really quick. Only downside is you have to start as new and update to 11.1 before you can restore a secure backup.

I didn’t have any trouble with activation but my restore got stuck. Well it actually got through the restore but got stuck while loading all the apps back on my new phone. During that time I couldn’t even launch stock apps like mail or camera. I left it for several hours to go to dinner and a movie and it was still like that when I got home so I did a hard reboot (bc it wouldn’t even let me do a simple restart on it) and it was fine. Whew.

puck28

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
My girlfriend ordered hers through the Best Buy website it gave her a December 15th delivery date but it shipped today and she will have November 7th. Meanwhile I ordered mine through the Apple website and stilling waiting for it to ship I have a November 17-24 window. Next year I think gonna order from anywhere but Apple.

I pre-ordered mine through the Apple Store app, as I am an IUP customer and only could do so through the app. I received a Nov 16th-24th shipping window when I did my order. It ended up shipping Nov 2nd and I will receive it on Monday the 6th. My trade in box came already to send my old phone back. Next time you order try the APP instead of the website.

Broodn

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I pre-ordered mine through the Apple Store app, as I am an IUP customer and only could do so through the app. I received a Nov 16th-24th shipping window when I did my order. It ended up shipping Nov 2nd and I will receive it on Monday the 6th. My trade in box came already to send my old phone back. Next time you order try the APP instead of the website.

My app didn’t come back up til 30 mins after preorders went live. That is why I used the website.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Glad it worked out for you. Did you just go stand in line without a reservation to see if they had stock?

Thanks! I have in store pick up on that day at 8 AM that I made on Oct 27th so I was able to get in the store right away because the line for the in store pick up is separate from the regular walk-in. I was about to get the phone that preordered but the silver color caught my attention. It looks nicer seeing it in person so I changed my mind. I asked the Apple guy if I could do it and he said you can but you have to cancel your preorder and I will give you a walk-in reservation. The phone is available obviously because I was like the first 5 people who got in the store.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

There were stories on the web yesterday about activation troubles and a spokesperson for Apple said that their servers were overloaded yesterday, and to give it some time and try again. Glad you got it working!!

My Apple Watch got stuck pairing after I'd already gotten my phone set up and it restored itself though. It took more time to get my watch paired than the phone.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
There were stories on the web yesterday about activation troubles and a spokesperson for Apple said that their servers were overloaded yesterday, and to give it some time and try again. Glad you got it working!!

My Apple Watch got stuck pairing after I'd already gotten my phone set up and it restored itself though. It took more time to get my watch paired than the phone.

I can attest to this. Took 4 hours, 3 phone calls, and me explaining to a rep what they needed to do. Finally got it activated. Then I had nothing but trouble reloading my apps. Took me another 2 hrs to get them all reloaded. I was a little hot for a while yesterday. But all is good since then.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Just checked my apple store app and I’m surprised to see that all my local apple stores have iPhones available for pick up...if you’re in Northern VA and want a phone this is the way to go.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I love this phone. I haven’t had such a blast playing with a new phone since my first iPhone 4 or my Palm Pre. Seriously I think it’s unhealthy

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen