Official: iPhone X Pre-Order / Waiting Room

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Damn 4hrs later and I had to use one of my other lines. Still having trouble with the original line I wanted to use but at least t-force Twitter actually tried and is still trying. Don’t ask me why I didn’t think of the other line earlier. I blame being pissed lol

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I finally received the email confirmation for my wife’s iPhone reservation, it still delivers on 11/3. On a side note, it’s tempting to resale them but I know we’re going to keep them instead.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I got one for launch day and one for nov 17-24 delivery. I had two in my cart on the Apple store app and it wouldn’t let me checkout with two iPhones in my cart. By the time I got back in to get my second the ship dates changed. Oh well. Gonna try to flip anyways.

ScubaKitties

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site
Hi I am new!

Did my first ever pre-order this morning for any product ever! I am a Telus customer so did my pre-order through them. No issues processing it (though I was on a couple hours after it opened so do not know how it was at launch). Showed as shipping Nov 2nd with 1-5 days delivery but we will see if that actually happens.

I went with the 64gb Space Gray. I am typing this on a 16gb 5s (purchased a week after launch) so I have been holding out a while to upgrade. Up to time of order I was still uncertain of colour but I did like looks of 8s in Space Gray so here we are. It will be in a case anyway. I am using 12.5gb of my 16gb so 64gb is plenty for me. I don’t put a whole lot on my phone.

Even signing up for two-year contract (just using my current plan) it was $800 CAD (before adding SIM, case, screen protector, taxes). Oh well, obviously I hold onto phones for a while anyway....though this one may go to my husband next year and I will get second generation.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Ordered 3:01am EST via Verizon. Delivery date estimated 11/3. I have zero intention of even opening the box. Every intention of making money and flipping this thing. I'm an Android guy. Flame away, hahahaha.

Crown R0yal

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I TOTALLY OVERSLEPT. Woke up at 6:30 EST and ordered the Silver 256GB on AT&T through the MyATT app. Estimated Shipping = Nov. 2- Nov. 10th. Just glad I don’t have to wait 6 weeks!

TracyDDavis

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
I was up at 2:50 am and at 3:00 am I started spamming the Apple Store app (I'm in iPhone upgrade program).

The app didn't let me order until 3:15 am!!! So pissed. Shipping Nov. 17-24th.

If I may be pretentious, I think iPhone upgrade program members should have some type of priority since we CHOOSE to get our phones right from Apple instead of through a carrier. I can't believe my app was unresponsive for 15 minutes. It seemed like West Coast got it way before East Coast.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
If I may be pretentious, I think iPhone upgrade program members should have some type of priority since we CHOOSE to get our phones right from Apple instead of through a carrier. I can't believe my app was unresponsive for 15 minutes. It seemed like West Coast got it way before East Coast.

Anyone that used the app or apple’s website bought their phone directly from Apple rather than a carrier, some people, like me, chose to have their carrier pay for the phone. Furthermore, at&t paid for my phone outright my payment agreement is with them, Apple got their money upfront, sooooo your argument doesn’t hold much water.

The real people to be angry with are whomever caused the delay in the Apple store app from opening, for some.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
For me the app let me down. I am part of the Apple Upgrade Program and the app didn't let me in until 12:14 PST and then when it finally did I had to exit and open the app twice as Confirm Order didn't go anything. And finally when I was done, my deliver date was pushed to Nov 17th! And my confirmation email came to my inbox at 3:15am PST!

I am thinking Apple Upgrade Program users didn't get the treatment we wanted. We should have been up in the queue and the similar thing happened last year as well. The rest who ordered via carriers and via Best Buy have delivery dates before Nov 17. Heck, if I order now via T-Mobile my estimated shipping date is Nov 3rd to Nov 10th!

Anybody else in Apple Upgrade Program face similar problems?

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys :)
Question, I ordered 2 iPhone X models. My credit card hasn’t been charged.
I just wanted to ensure that I will be charged once the devices ship right?
I haven’t done a preorder since iPhone 6

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

I placed one of my preorders after the store opened, but my card didn’t show the preauthorization until late this morning.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Mine too. Checked my card this morning and no pre-authorization charge and Apple already emailed me a copy of my AT&T contract so I’m assuming I’m good. I have mine store pick up not shipping.

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
The AUP does not give those in it first dibbs nor does it keep you info ready for quick access in a queue. The best way to get through quickly is to favorite what you want before hand and order that way through the Apple Store app along with having your CCard info already saved. That's how I did it even though the store didn't come up until about 3:05am here in NYC. I was in and out with a confirmation email at 3:08am delivering on Nov 3. So I think it's safe to say that Apple isn't playing favorites just because one is in the AUP.

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine too. Checked my card this morning and no pre-authorization charge and Apple already emailed me a copy of my AT&T contract so I’m assuming I’m good. I have mine store pick up not shipping.

Okay awesome! Mine hasn’t either, was getting a bit worried but late last night VZ emailed me a confirmation so I’m assuming I’m good

Pedro Hicken

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
dce5a2ba04bda7f30ec4dadd5aa1923c.jpg

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
For me the app let me down. I am part of the Apple Upgrade Program and the app didn't let me in until 12:14 PST and then when it finally did I had to exit and open the app twice as Confirm Order didn't go anything. And finally when I was done, my deliver date was pushed to Nov 17th! And my confirmation email came to my inbox at 3:15am PST!

I am thinking Apple Upgrade Program users didn't get the treatment we wanted. We should have been up in the queue and the similar thing happened last year as well. The rest who ordered via carriers and via Best Buy have delivery dates before Nov 17. Heck, if I order now via T-Mobile my estimated shipping date is Nov 3rd to Nov 10th!

Anybody else in Apple Upgrade Program face similar problems?

Could be worse, last year Upgrade Program people that were upgrading had to make an in store reservation to upgrade. You couldn't just order it through the store and send the old phone back. So not only did you have to try to get in quick, but you were at the mercy of whatever stock your chosen store had. To make it worse, there was a glitch and immediately after the pre-orders opened a large number of us just received messages that there was no availability and to check back at launch. I had to check multiple days in a row until the store finally had a reservation for what I was after :( This year is a massive improvement over that even with the problems that still happened.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro