Official: iPhone X Pre-Order / Waiting Room

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm well hopefully my choice of the 64GB Silver is then the least liked option. Increases my chances of getting one LOL.

I’m taking of doing that too to increase my chances because I’m going to put a case anyway and the front looks the same in black. Hmmmm...

Jacob_LMay

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
64GB in probably the gray but I wouldn't turn down the white either. Probably will end up being whatever is easiest to pre-order/reserve/however it's going to work this year for us people on the Upgrade Program. Last year was a fiasco with trying to reserve. People signing up new or just pre-ordering had access to reserve stuff and Upgrade Program peeps would be met with a message about nothing being available! Hopefully that's fixed this year. My wife joined the program last year when she got her 7 and she's talking about a white 64GB as well so I might have to go with the gray just so we dont' mix up phones. In the past I always had the plus and she had the non plus so it wouldn't have been an issue even if we had the same color. Of course we'll probably end up with cases on them so it wouldn't really matter anyway. (hoping Rhino does a bumper for them, I'd actually go with a bumper this time just to show it off)

What brand bumper do you normal use?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
What brand bumper do you normal use?

I'm using a Rhinoshield Crashguard on my 7 Plus. My first bumper case ever. Love it. I feel comfortable that it's offering enough protection for day to day urban drops but at the same time lets me show off and feel most of the phone. When I'm out doing wilderness stuff like camping or offroading I'll keep it in a more rugged case like a playproof or mod or something from Lifeproof so that the back is protected as well. Rocks aren't flat like the ground in an urban/city setting.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping for the preorder to go smoothly and get mine on launch day, though I'm not going to hold my breath (well I probably would be). I paid off my 6s before the announcement so I wouldn't have issues, but turns out now I do have issues because I can't do the pre qualification. Hopefully it's quick anyway.

Starting to think of a contingency - how long is too long to wait before I just go with an 8+ and wait until next year? I'm thinking even if I don't get launch day, I'm looking at 1-2 weeks? That's probably ok, but much beyond that and I'm wondering. Even starting 11/3 is beyond the announcement/release window for next year unless they push them out because of the extra month for those on the upgrade program.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Not much longer now till Apple takes the online store ‘down’ so that they can get it ready for ‘something special’ for everyone to see (‘X’ marks the spot!)
...I’ve got a feeling however that when it goes back up, it’ll be a contest of who can type the fastest/have a decent connection to place their order in getting an 11/3 shipment date... To everybody preordering:
Good luck!!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Not much longer now till Apple takes the online store ‘down’ so that they can get it ready for ‘something special’ for everyone to see (‘X’ marks the spot!)
...I’ve got a feeling however that when it goes back up, it’ll be a contest of who can type the fastest/have a decent connection to place their order in getting an 11/3 shipment date... To everybody preordering:
Good luck!!

Yeap, it comes down to luck as well.

daveydog

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site
Hey I just read that joining the upgrade program as a new member will not bump you back in line when preordering (during approval process)... that contradicts what I’d read before- anyone know anything about that?

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
256gb space grey, if I don’t get it by Friday, I’ll just head to my local T-Mobile store and get it there. It’s like 5min away from my house walking.