Official: iPhone X Pre-Order / Waiting Room

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Just saw the space gray and silver in a number of 8 unboxing vids. Definitely going to have to go look at those colors in person on an 8 to see what they look like. I don't think the videos are doing them justice. I finally could see the silver really is silver. The gray really looks like the 7's Jet Black though maybe not quite as dark but most vids it looks very similar. Not sure if it's lighting or what.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Just saw the space gray and silver in a number of 8 unboxing vids. Definitely going to have to go look at those colors in person on an 8 to see what they look like. I don't think the videos are doing them justice. I finally could see the silver really is silver. The gray really looks like the 7's Jet Black though maybe not quite as dark but most vids it looks very similar. Not sure if it's lighting or what.

From afar it does look like the Jet Black. With the right lighting, you can clearly see it being a dark/storm grey color.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
From afar it does look like the Jet Black. With the right lighting, you can clearly see it being a dark/storm grey color.

Jet black vs Space grey
0d65300e3de8323dee9340012aae464d.jpg

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Wow I'm so torn on the gray now. I went to Best Buy yesterday to look at the 8's to see the new colors/glass and while they did have a gray on display they didn't have a silver (will have to go hit up the local Apple Store I guess). The gray was actually pretty dark. Saw some pics where it looked a little lighter.

In person it looks kind of in between the two phones in Nikki's pic above.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I’m going for the silver this time around. I switch back and forth every year. Still debating storage size, but will probably get the 64GB. I don’t keep a whole lot on my phone, especially since I got my iPad Pro. All of my pictures are backed up to my MacBook as well, so I don’t need to keep them on the phone.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow I'm so torn on the gray now. I went to Best Buy yesterday to look at the 8's to see the new colors/glass and while they did have a gray on display they didn't have a silver (will have to go hit up the local Apple Store I guess). The gray was actually pretty dark. Saw some pics where it looked a little lighter.

In person it looks kind of in between the two phones in Nikki's pic above.

It definitely depends on the lighting & angle. Here’s a couple more pics.
2cdfc09b7241323b05a74fa395ca6a09.jpg

a00fa79f564a42ea84f92f87c0ab1061.jpg

Crown R0yal

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Silver 256GB. I'm headed to Baltimore for a conference that weekend so I'm gonna make my little cousins stay up with me to pre-order! Anybody else going to use multiple devices/screens to make sure they get what they want?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Silver 256GB. I'm headed to Baltimore for a conference that weekend so I'm gonna make my little cousins stay up with me to pre-order! Anybody else going to use multiple devices/screens to make sure they get what they want?

You bet. I always have an iOS device with the Apple Store app and a notebook opened up to the Apple web site. A little tidbit: The Apple Store app has been the quickest for me the last three years.

consequence7

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
You bet. I always have an iOS device with the Apple Store app and a notebook opened up to the Apple web site. A little tidbit: The Apple Store app has been the quickest for me the last three years.

This will be my first time using the Apple Store app to order. Should you be in the app prior to Pre-orders going live?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
This will be my first time using the Apple Store app to order. Should you be in the app prior to Pre-orders going live?

They’ll take it down before the preorder starts so your best bet is to continuously open and close the app until they open it back up.

You definitely want to go in beforehand and make sure everything is up to date though (credit card, billing and shipping address, etc.).

consequence7

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
They’ll take it down before the preorder starts so your best bet is to continuously open and close the app until they open it back up.

You definitely want to go in beforehand and make sure everything is up to date though (credit card, billing and shipping address, etc.).

Okay I gotcha. Thank you very much!

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I want to order two of them. Should I have two computers going at the same time and ready or will there be enough time to add one of each color (unlocked)and get to the cart in time to purchase on my .

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner