Official: iPhone X Pre-Order / Waiting Room

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Got to check how much more a month on my payment plan. Leaning towards the white/sliver, even with a case on you won't be able to tell. Was going to do 64, but with the 4K 60FPS I may end up going 256GB

I thought I saw somewhere around $57 a month for the iPhone X 256GB through the apple program (Includes apple care +)

Last edited:

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Going for a 'Space Gray' 256 GB. The plan that I'm on with my carrier doesn't take anything off of my monthly bill if I buy the device outright, or on a contract, so since I have an upgrade available I'd be looking @ $699 for it on a two year renewal of my plan.
It's one of Sprints older (now defunct?) unlimited plans...

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Debating the preorder.. I may want to see it, hold it first. Plus if I buy it in-store I save over $100 in taxes. But that being said, there may not be any in store on 11/3. I think they may sell out online with pre-orders. Similar to what happened with the 7+

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Going for a 'Space Gray' 256 GB. The plan that I'm on with my carrier doesn't take anything off of my monthly bill if I buy the device outright, or on a contract, so since I have an upgrade available I'd be looking @ $699 for it on a two year renewal of my plan.
It's one of Sprints older (now defunct?) unlimited plans...

Looks like the days of $399 down for a decent iPhone on contract are about gone.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Looks like the days of $399 down for a decent iPhone on contract are about gone.

Yup, alas, that's pretty much the case these days...
By no means do I consider $699 a great bargain - but since I get no discount on my bill for buying it outright, I might as well go with the subsidized price. I've had no issues with Sprint so far...
Although I wouldn't be surprised if it costs me more on 10/27 than it currently shows for me, Murphy's Law and all...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

LOL....Yeah, pretty much. Just like these two photos. Welcome to the future. ... LOL
9bccd1da3ec6ab511f7f5b6dabc298d2.jpg

e772adeb74794d6d1001cefba2ead805.jpg

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm debating trying to go for the 256GB now. I haven't really shot much video on my phones but I'd like to and even though I don't have a 4K TV I still shoot video in that form because it gives the video editor more data to work with to create a great picture when scaled down to 1080p size. I know the 4K video takes up a lot more space. I'd normally pull the video right off though but then what if I'm on vacation or something and can't get to my computer to do that. Hmmm.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Questions.. Who things that on 11/3 there will be iPhone X's in store for walk in purchases. Or will they be nearly 100% sold out during pre-order like the 7+ last year?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Questions.. Who things that on 11/3 there will be iPhone X's in store for walk in purchases. Or will they be nearly 100% sold out during pre-order like the 7+ last year?

My understanding is the stores always get some extra in but it may not be the color/storage combo you're looking for and if you're not like the first two people there, it's going to be gone instantly pretty much.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is the stores always get some extra in but it may not be the color/storage combo you're looking for and if you're not like the first two people there, it's going to be gone instantly pretty much.

Normally would agree, but last year getting a 7+ in-store was nearly impossible. Sold out online within about 15-20 minutes. Only a few odd stores has a few in stock. I don't care about color or size, I can get the 64GB or the 256GB. I only have 41GB used on my iPhone 7 now. Color does not matter as the case is on 24/7. I just was wondering if people think due the rumored short supply, will the demand be as high as I think it will be. We have extra choices this year. I see many jumping on the 8+, so it will be interesting. I don't think I want to pre-order, this may be one I want to touch.. first.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

I'd be really surprised if they were available other than pre-order.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd be really surprised if they were available other than pre-order.

Me too, that's the risk. I really wanted to see it first.. plus if I buy in store I save the tax, which is 10% here. That's about $150 in tax I have to toss away pre-ordering. I will really miss the "delivery day excitement" its' something I am really used to.. been doing it for years. May have to wait until after Thanksgiving or early December and watch stock.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I guess that's one bonus to using the Upgrade Program. It's not paid for just reserved so if you don't show up or don't like it when you show up, you're not out any money.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I guess that's one bonus to using the Upgrade Program. It's not paid for just reserved so if you don't show up or don't like it when you show up, you're not out any money.

I have the AT&T plan, which allows the trade it, but I paid it off early. Was going to give my wife my iPhone 7 and get the X... and switch to the Apple Plan, with Apple Care +, but you can only sign up when you order the phone.. by the time you fill out that paperwork online the phone will be removed from the cart and OOS.

kimmh72

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I would love the iPhone x but not sure if I can justify the cost when I already own a 7. I don't know whether to go the 8+ or the X.....I am weighing up all the pros and cons of each model. I will be buying outright this time and going onto a SIM-Only plan so my monthly costs are lower and plan to keep this phone for a longer time and stop upgrading each year. Hmmmm......decisions!