My son is interested in upgrading his iPhone 6 Plus, but is too busy to dig into the details of the new models. I'm trying to help. These are the distinctions between the too two tiers I have found.

Differences between the 8 Plus and X:

FaceID/touchID
    458 / 401 ppi
    5.8/5.5 screen

The X has super contrast ratio and is an ounce lighter and a shade smaller. It has dual optical image stabilization. It has Portrait mode, Portrait lighting in the front-facing selfie camera (they both have it in the rear camera) and Animoji. It carries a $200 higher price tag and won't be available until at least November 3, whereas the 8 Plus can be ordered today and will be delivered Sep 22.

Oh, the X has a blemish top dead center, a splotch for rays, readers, and mic. Some are complaining about that in online forums.

Any corrections?
    09-15-2017 03:53 PM
    My son is interested in upgrading his iPhone 6 Plus, but is too busy to dig into the details of the new models. I'm trying to help. These are the distinctions between the too two tiers I have found.

Differences between the 8 Plus and X:

FaceID/touchID
    458 / 401 ppi
    5.8/5.5 screen

The X has super contrast ratio and is an ounce lighter and a shade smaller. It has dual optical image stabilization. It has Portrait mode, Portrait lighting in the front-facing selfie camera (they both have it in the rear camera) and Animoji. It carries a $200 higher price tag and won't be available until at least November 3, whereas the 8 Plus can be ordered today and will be delivered Sep 22.

Oh, the X has a blemish top dead center, a splotch for rays, readers, and mic. Some are complaining about that in online forums.

Any corrections?
    The 8 Plus is a wider screen. If he doesn't mind a taller more slender screen, he might like the X. The X will crop photos and videos made on his 6 Plus in the full screen edge to edge. To see them fully, you tap the screen twice. But then they look smaller and not edge to edge.
    09-15-2017 04:13 PM
    Really excited for this but will never go out without a case. Does anyone have a good recommendation for leather case? not the apple one though
    09-20-2017 10:52 AM
    Really excited for this but will never go out without a case. Does anyone have a good recommendation for leather case? not the apple one though
    Senacases.com the best leather cases I have ever owned (in my price range under $100, usually under $65)

iPhone X: https://www.senacases.com/collections/iphone-x
    09-20-2017 12:04 PM
    Even though I’m not buying the X, I see that Speck.com has some good cases. Ive got one on my 7 plus and it works good. I’ve dropped it a couple of times and it’s held up good.
    09-20-2017 03:58 PM
    Even though I’m not buying the X, I see that Speck.com has some good cases. Ive got one on my 7 plus and it works good. I’ve dropped it a couple of times and it’s held up good.
    Speck makes some of my favorite non-leather cases.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-20-2017 05:53 PM
    Speck makes some of my favorite non-leather cases.
    Last couple cases I’ve bought have been Speck.
    09-20-2017 08:00 PM
    I just popped $960 usd for my wife's Samsung Note 8. So, a little more for the X is not that big of a deal. I will get the 256gig model. This will be my first foray into the world of iOS.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-23-2017 02:44 PM
    I just popped $960 usd for my wife's Samsung Note 8. So, a little more for the X is not that big of a deal. I will get the 256gig model. This will be my first foray into the world of iOS.
    Awesome!!! I really hope you enjoy it
    Brian Embry likes this.
    09-23-2017 11:09 PM
134 ... 456