Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
A11 Bionic chipset with a neural engine. OMG. But wait, there’s more... It doesn’t just have a Retina display. No, and if you haven’t heard this, you’d better sit down, it has a Super Retnia display !!! ??????????????????.

Fictional writer Hillary also has a new book out called “What Happened”. It was a great day yesterday.

That being said, since the 8, 8+, and the X all have the same cpu, and I am happy with Touch ID, I’ll probably go with the 8+, but I’m not ruling out the X.

512gb ? I end up with too much crap on my phone and it makes it harder to find what I really want and need. I’ve got a 64 iPhone and a 256 iPad Pro (10.5), and that seems to work great for me. I’d really like to see 128Gb iPhone.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
#19 is right.. (IMHO).. but that being said, I would have preferred to see 128GB $999 and 512GB $1149 instead of how it is now. But as #19 said, 64GB is just not enough, so people will jump for the 256 and pay more.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
who really needs that much storage, I have the 256GB 7 plus and I can't get no where near half the memory used. I have over 7k pictures and 300 videos along with what seems like millions of songs so I use some memory I just don't see why folks are upset that we didn't get double 256 vs dealing with either 64 or 256 which I will get the higher regardless.

To be fair, 4K video eats storage for lunch. You are likely not familiar with as 4K hasn't really hit mainstream yet properly but I've been in it for a little while now and I can tell you that what we used to perceive as enough storage until about a year ago is now nothing. You cannot, and I mean that with all seriousness, function with a 64GB device if you plan on recording or downloading 4K video. Don't even get me started on 4K equivalent Blu-ray quality which would eat up all of the 256GB variant in no time.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Disappointed that it starts at 64. That's not enough, but 256 is complete overkill. I'm not upgrading this year, a t least not to an iPhone. Maybe a Note 8, but I severely doubt that as well.

The X doesn't look that good to me, and I prefer Touch ID. The 8 plus didnt really add Anything I'd find necessary over the 7 Plus. It looks like an iPhone 6 Plus.

Can't justify an upgrade, especially with them continuously jacking the prices up on all their phones.

Maybe wait to see what the next Google Pixel XL looks like.

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Memory costs have been climbing and I bet they didn't see anyone wanting a $1300 iPhone. Perhaps in the next 2 years. I for one wanted it to carry all of my music about 260GB with me.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
i think the new image and video file formats will help mitigate since pics n vids take up half the space now.

i think for regular peeps 64 is fine. 128gb would be better but not needed.

for the more demanding niche peeps, their needs always vary too much to know what's best for the whole group.

Krayzie916

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
who really needs that much storage, I have the 256GB 7 plus and I can't get no where near half the memory used. I have over 7k pictures and 300 videos along with what seems like millions of songs so I use some memory I just don't see why folks are upset that we didn't get double 256 vs dealing with either 64 or 256 which I will get the higher regardless.

???

I have far less of what you do on my phone and i only have 40 GB left on my 256 iphone 7. I’m not buying an X until they offer 512 since the 4k video will eat up the rest of my space far too soon.

I set aside $1500 for this phone and was left completely let down with the apple presentation and for the first time since the 3G iphone, will not be upgrading for the year.

I even upgraded from a 2nd gen new macbook to a 3rd gen and an ipp to a 10.5 512 GB day one, but the X with the notch and no 512GB option just seems like a colossal waste of money to me

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I think the person that did post #19 nailed it.

We end up with not quite enough, or way the hell too much, and we have to pay for it.

True, but quadruple the storage for $150 is not a bad deal. We have another thread on the forum where (before the announcement and the lack of a 512 GB option) most people were stating they’d get 256 GB over 512 GB anyway. In the end, Apple made a judgment call on what storage options would sell the most iPhones. Everyday users will likely opt for 64 GB while power users (like those on this forum) will go for 256 GB.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
???

I have far less of what you do on my phone and i only have 40 GB left on my 256 iphone 7. I’m not buying an X until they offer 512 since the 4k video will eat up the rest of my space far too soon.

I set aside $1500 for this phone and was left completely let down with the apple presentation and for the first time since the 3G iphone, will not be upgrading for the year.

I even upgraded from a 2nd gen new macbook to a 3rd gen and an ipp to a 10.5 512 GB day one, but the X with the notch and no 512GB option just seems like a colossal waste of money to me

Aside from then lack of a 512 GB option what let you down. I think this year—way more than previous years—we came in knowing pretty much everything that was going to be said courtesy of multiple firmware leaks. There were no big surprises for me, mostly just affirmations of what I already knew. Were you expecting something different?

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
64 is enough for most average people and 256 is only $150 more instead of 200. Furthermore with cloud services I believe 256 is okay. With HEVC & HEIF your photos and videos take up half the space they used to

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I hadn't considered the new file app and the ability to quickly access files in a central space. I will have to play with it more to see what I can and cannot do with it. Still I would pay $1300 for 512GB if it was offered.

Krayzie916

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
Aside from then lack of a 512 GB option what let you down. I think this year—way more than previous years—we came in knowing pretty much everything that was going to be said courtesy of multiple firmware leaks. There were no big surprises for me, mostly just affirmations of what I already knew. Were you expecting something different?

Well 1, i think the facial recognition will be a disaster, at least at first. And then this design choice that absolutely baffles me

Attachments

• 4A1A3085-5E00-4791-AED5-11F11FD0E2FD.gif
    4A1A3085-5E00-4791-AED5-11F11FD0E2FD.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 17

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
No disappointment here. I'm actually going from 128gb on the 7+ down to 64gb. I don't need that much space like I thought I did. Photos and videos are the biggest space hogs and all my stuff goes to google photos and everything else in the cloud I'm good. I'll only download a few playlists locally from play music because I also realized I don't need everything locally.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I, for one, didn't look at any rumors or leaks, so I was very shocked with the announcements. Every year we have all these rumors and leaks, and I think it's quite annoying. It takes away the element of surprise and excitement.

I'm not gonna let COOK the CROOK part with money. I'm seriously thinking of jumping to Samsung. Which I have NEVER done

It's all about what works for you! Sometimes, we have to make choices that we never would have made before because of unforeseen circumstances. Samsung is a great company and if I didn't need seamless integration with my MacBooks, I'd probably still have a Samsung phone.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Not sure, but look at the 720p vs 1080p size on iTunes movies and double the 1080p size and that will give you a possible idea, maybe. I know a ripped BluRay movie is between 25-35GB

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal