Who's buying BlackBerry 10...erm I mean iPhone X

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm not surprised by the staggered shipping times between the 8/8 Plus and X.

Me neither because they don't want to undercut their own product. They want to get the sales numbers for the 8/8 Plus, though to be honest I also think that the X is just not ready. It smells of yield issues in addition to intentionally staggering the release.

Also, as was mentioned in a couple of other threads, the Face ID unlock seems touchy. I am sure the hardware is sound, but the software seems to need some more polish before prime-time. Perhaps that is another reason for a bit of a delay. The on-stage demo was not exactly smooth.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not surprised by the staggered shipping times between the 8/8 Plus and X.

Me neither because they don't want to undercut their own product. They want to get the sales numbers for the 8/8 Plus, though to be honest I also think that the X is just not ready. It smells of yield issues in addition to intentionally staggering the release.

I understand...I’m just a NOW type of person🤷🏾*♀️ I haven’t learned patience yet

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Next year they could go all in on the "blackberryness" and release a new passport on bb10 os with the iOS runtime installed.
Put me down for 2 of them!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I understand...I’m just a NOW type of person🤷🏾*♀️ I haven’t learned patience yet

a616854d6375cc4a87bb796ffb710a60.jpg

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Also, as was mentioned in a couple of other threads, the Face ID unlock seems touchy. I am sure the hardware is sound, but the software seems to need some more polish before prime-time. Perhaps that is another reason for a bit of a delay. The on-stage demo was not exactly smooth.

I feel that will hurt the sales of the 8/plus with people waiting since the 8 is just once again a minor refresh with the same body style they have been using for years.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I feel that will hurt the sales of the 8/plus with people waiting since the 8 is just once again a minor refresh with the same body style they have been using for years.

Nobody said the strategy cannot backfire. I think that the price point will put off a lot of people and cause them to settle for the 8 anyway.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Blackberry? I think you meant Palm Pre. The original gesture based phone.

People forget that all the time. BB10 was copied from WebOS.

But honestly, who cares. Both OSs are dead and gone. BB10 lasted what....three years in development before BlackBerry sank? Something tells me that if Apple decides to go all in with gestures, it will last longer than three years.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
People forget that all the time. BB10 was copied from WebOS.

But honestly, who cares. Both OSs are dead and gone. BB10 lasted what....three years in development before BlackBerry sank? Something tells me that if Apple decides to go all in with gestures, it will last longer than three years.
Point isn’t about any of those OSs. Point is that Apple’s apparent revolutionary advances are anything but. I do also welcome a major platform adopting gestures as the native navigation system. I am very happy about it and hope it will spill over into native Android as well. I’m sick of pointless buttons, even if they’re software. On my S8+ I use as many gestures as possible and hide the navigation buttons to maximize screen real estate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2