Who’s getting one?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After having my iPhone 8 for a week now and really enjoying it, I’m not wasting my time buying an iPhone X. Now if someone wants to gift me one, I’ll take it...

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
After having my iPhone 8 for a week now and really enjoying it, I’m not wasting my time buying an iPhone X. Now if someone wants to gift me one, I’ll take it...
Same here,
I drank the Kool-Aid and bought the 8Plus.

I'm quite satisfied ... And the battery life seems to be a little better than the "spare" S8 + just as @Garz mentioned so I'll settle on this for now.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Same here,
I drank the Kool-Aid and bought the 8Plus.

I'm quite satisfied ... And the battery life seems to be a little better than the "spare" S8 + just as @Garz mentioned so I'll settle on this for now.

I am thinking of getting the 8 plus as well. I have been waiting years for apple to come out with an OLED display and now that it is here, I am thoroughly disappointed! The "horns" are so ugly and useless, no touch ID, only gesture swiping since no home button...Just not a fan of it. I am sure once I see it in person it will look better but it rubbed me the wrong way with how they got rid of features and added useless things.

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
This will be my last for a while. I’ve upgraded every year since the beginning but I can’t see them coming up with anything more extraordinary after this. All I’ve been waiting for is for them to ditch the home button and chop some of the bezel.

im thinking about doing the same thing. the x will be a good phone to have for about a couple of years..

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I had and still have the original iPhone and I’m going to have this one too. I’m looking forward to trying Face ID to see how quick it unlocks the phone. The Animoji stuff looks like fun. The idea of how much better things like Snapchat filters will be is intriguing. The only thing I’m not fond of is the color choice but the first iPhone only came in one color lol. I think I’m going to resize the original iPhone wallpaper and rock it just for kicks. A co-worker of mine was complaining about how expensive it was and that it would be the first time they would not upgrade to a new iPhone. Then he went out and bought a $5 latte lol. How bout you skip the Starbucks drinks everyday and you might be able to get it lol

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Iv'e had my 8 64gb for 2 weeks now, Apple extends my return to 22nd but i don't think i need anything more than this and am very happy with it, for the extra here is $500 plus new case/screen protector.
Radio and call quality has really improved with the 8, and its very speedy and true tone is good.
Sure the X will be a great phone but you got to draw the line somewhere, will sit it out.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Giving up my 8+... Photo quality is just simply horrible with this water colour effect... Same issue with my wife's 7 and the 7 plus I had.

Battery life's pretty decent but just can't make up for the quality... Looks as if it was shot with a 1.4MP camera from a Razr....

And this is either in broad daylight, outdoors, studio lighting (I also shoot with a DSLR) portrait mode, HDR, HEIC, JPEG it simply doesn't matter

Unfortunately there's no apple store in my country.. to take it into, but if the 7, 7+ and 8+ in my household has the same issue, well.....

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Giving up my 8+... Photo quality is just simply horrible with this water colour effect... Same issue with my wife's 7 and the 7 plus I had.

Battery life's pretty decent but just can't make up for the quality... Looks as if it was shot with a 1.4MP camera from a Razr....

And this is either in broad daylight, outdoors, studio lighting (I also shoot with a DSLR) portrait mode, HDR, HEIC, JPEG it simply doesn't matter

Unfortunately there's no apple store in my country.. to take it into, but if the 7, 7+ and 8+ in my household has the same issue, well.....

I have the 8 plus and I had the 7 plus but I didn’t have these issues that you speak of. I am getting the iPhone X

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I disagree. I think it will be forever known as "Edge to Edge"..FINALLY. I'm not sure about many others either, but it's ok not to like what others do and of course you don't have to associate yourself with a device. I can guarantee you that Apple will sell plenty of the iPhone known as "X"

Except it's not Edge to Edge.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks BK. I welcome the change. Kinda tired of the HUGE bezels over the last three years. Bring on the X and whatever the ratio is...LOL

That aspect ratio is terrible for productivity, since it forces everything to zoom out in Portrait Mode, and introduces black bar for video (unless you're okay with it obscuring part of the video when you "zoom" it in).

Office Documents, PDFs, Photos, Videos, Web Pages, etc. are all stuffed onto a narrower screen. This makes everything smaller on the display, so you end up zooming more, or scrolling more.

Once you eliminate the horn area, you end up with a display that is roughly equivalent to the iPhone Plus model, except it's narrower and somewhat taller.

Apple Measures display size diagonally, so they're counting the horns in the display size. Technically valid, but practically the space up there is insignificant.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

That has been a problem since the iPhone 5s. I remember getting one and returning it within a day or two because of the watercolor-like photos. Strangely, the iPhone 6 Plus was substantially better, and then it came back with the iPhone 6s Plus. It has been this way ever since. I think some people may not understand what the problem is, because they're just used to the images looking like that. It is very noticeable when you move to the iPhone from something like a Pixel, Galaxy S/Note, or LG devices, though - since those phones tend to capture more detailed images than the iPhone.

I think it's because Apple post processes images aggressively to save space. HEIF also loses quality compared to JPEG, so you end up with smudgy pictures if you use that format. If you care about image quality, you should not be using the HEIF option. It worsens the situation.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
If it's a software issue, have you tried shooting with a 3rd party app and using RAW instead? Or does it do the same processing to the raw data before creating the file?

No changes ...
I've purchased manual, ProCamera, tried using Lightroom etc as well

One would think it may be a one off issue ... But for my wife's 7, my previous 7+ and now the 8+ to share the same issue... It's just very very odd

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen