Who’s getting one?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I changed my mind. My wife helped me play devils advocate last night and I decided to go from a standard 7 to an 8+. I just was not really for the 1st try at Facial Recognition. I don't give a #!@# about animated emojis. I like the front camera and the two stabilized rear. But I did not want to pay $1149 + tax. I wanted the larger screen, but did not like the 16:9 and I think I would prefer the 8+ screen. I like the touch button. Even though I love to have the latest and greatest Apple has to offer, I am skipping the X this year. Will see what 2018 brings and will live with my 256GB Space Gray 8+ when it gets here next week.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I changed my mind. My wife helped me play devils advocate last night and I decided to go from a standard 7 to an 8+. I just was not really for the 1st try at Facial Recognition. I don't give a #!@# about animated emojis. I like the front camera and the two stabilized rear. But I did not want to pay $1149 + tax. I wanted the larger screen, but did not like the 16:9 and I think I would prefer the 8+ screen. I like the touch button. Even though I love to have the latest and greatest Apple has to offer, I am skipping the X this year. Will see what 2018 brings and will live with my 256GB Space Gray 8+ when it gets here next week.

My hands are greasy tiny little things so I welcome the change. But I'm glad you came to a decision! Good luck with your 8+

Restrictive

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Unlikely as honestly I cant justify it.

Its simply not a £1000 worth of tech, and the lack of fast chargering cable and power brick for example isn't helping either to justify the cost.

I have an iPhone 7, I like the X I do want one but at that price my sensible inhead voice tells me I could spend £1000 on something much more beneficial and useful.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The 8 Plus has an aspect ratio of 16:9, just like the 6s Plus and 7 Plus. Not sure about the X.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The 8 Plus has an aspect ratio of 16:9, just like the 6s Plus and 7 Plus. Not sure about the X.

You're right, I typed it wrong, my error:

8 Plus: Resolution is set at 1920 x 1080 pixels, and it has a standard aspect ratio of 16:9.

iPhone X has a 5.8-inch display but its super narrow bezels and what is thought to be a 19:9 aspect ratio

Also: (screen size)

• iPhone X real screen area: 296,724 points
  • iPhone 8 Plus real screen area: 304,704 points
  • iPhone 8 real screen area: 250,125 points

This means that the iPhone X has 97.38% the area of the iPhone 8 Plus, or simply put, its screen is 2.6% smaller.

And when compared to the iPhone 8 and its 4.7-inch display, the iPhone X actually has an 18.6% bigger display.

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
You're right, I typed it wrong, my error:

8 Plus: Resolution is set at 1920 x 1080 pixels, and it has a standard aspect ratio of 16:9.

iPhone X has a 5.8-inch display but its super narrow bezels and what is thought to be a 19:9 aspect ratio

Also: (screen size)

• iPhone X real screen area: 296,724 points
  • iPhone 8 Plus real screen area: 304,704 points
  • iPhone 8 real screen area: 250,125 points

This means that the iPhone X has 97.38% the area of the iPhone 8 Plus, or simply put, its screen is 2.6% smaller.

And when compared to the iPhone 8 and its 4.7-inch display, the iPhone X actually has an 18.6% bigger display.

Does this take into consideration the Curved corners, face Id notch and the home gesture bar? I think the difference in usable space on the iPhone x is a lot closer to the 8 than the 8 plus

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Does this take into consideration the Curved corners, face Id notch and the home gesture bar? I think the difference in usable space on the iPhone x is a lot closer to the 8 than the 8 plus

Yes, takes in to consideration the corners and the notch.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I honestly could never do a Samsung device. It's nothing against Samsung themselves or the physical phone design. It's nothing against Android, being a long time Android user I still like what it offers. It's Samsung's horrible skin that they lay over stock Android. If I ever went back to Android it would have to be something like the Pixel just to guarantee timely security updates and new OS versions (which is sad that only the Google sold phone can get those even today).

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I honestly could never do a Samsung device. It's nothing against Samsung themselves or the physical phone design. It's nothing against Android, being a long time Android user I still like what it offers. It's Samsung's horrible skin that they lay over stock Android. If I ever went back to Android it would have to be something like the Pixel just to guarantee timely security updates and new OS versions (which is sad that only the Google sold phone can get those even today).

On the money... if I ever bailed from iOS it would be the Pixel. I like knowing the hardware and OS are coming from the same company. I think it just works better. Once the 3rd parties start adding their own unique stamp, things get messy.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

No one likes TouchWiz :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh