Who’s getting one?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it’s a really tough cookie LOL. I actually like the red in the crown, think it looks kind of cool. But being able to listen Music from my wrist over LTE, that’s dope!

Yup!
I can’t afford both the Space Black and the X. I have to choose one. First world problems

Vargur78

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Not this year for sure. They have time till next September to figure out how to hide this ugly black misconception under the screen. Keeping my SE for another year definitely.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Nope.
I feel that I can’t justify paying an extra $300 to not have a Home Button and get Animoji.
The X is an overpriced gimmick, as far as I’m concerned.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Definitely getting one! Not bothered about the face id, screen size, cutout at the top of the screen. Just want the camera. I have a 7. I don't want a 7 plus or 8 plus size phone. I want a phone the same or similar size to the phone I have now but with the better camera. This is the ONLY reason I upgrade my iPhone.

This right here. I had the 6s Plus for a year and it was just too big. Love the 7, but the dual camera on the X has me sold.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
If I get an iPhone this year it will be the 8 plus but I’m heavily leaning toward either the Note 8 or keeping my 7 plus. Just not interested in what the X has to offer, especially for the price.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
That's exactly how I feel. Who wants to pay an extra $300 for a phone just for Animoji? Who's going to like that except maybe teens?
I also feel like Animoji actually kind of defeat the purpose of Emojis. Animoji is like wearing a mask in public. You look like a fool and in this case everyone also knows who you are. But to each their own. This is clearly not targeted at professionals.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
This is clearly not targeted at professionals.

I just made that exact comment in another thread. I use my phone for business and the Animojis are so unbusiness-like it's ridiculous.

If I were looking to get an iPhone for business, it'd definitely be the 8 Plus.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I just made that exact comment in another thread. I use my phone for business and the Animojis are so unbusiness-like it's ridiculous.

If I were looking to get an iPhone for business, it'd definitely be the 8 Plus.

The last time a company targeted to only one segment, the so-called prosumer market, its OS died a painfully slow death. Actually it's still on life support.

An OS needs to make the transition from business to play, and back again.
My business iPhone is all business because it was handed to me as a business tool, but that is not the case for everyone. Some people use one device for all purposes. So if a person sends a **** emoji to their significant other, that person should be able to access gotomeeting the next day or edit excel spreadsheets on the fly.

The day a company creates an operating system that targets itself out of the flexibility to do both, it will go the way of those who previously made that mistake.

Last edited:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not interested in the 8, so it's X or nothing. The botched Face ID demo does worry me.

It wasn’t botched. The only thing that happened was the phone required the passcode to enable FaceID much like what happens with TouchID after the phone restarts or after 48 hours. It worked every time after that. I don’t understand why nobody gets this.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
It wasn’t botched. The only thing that happened was the phone required the passcode to enable FaceID much like what happens with TouchID after the phone restarts or after 48 hours. It worked every time after that. I don’t understand why nobody gets this.

Because I find it inconceivable that no one had prepped that phone.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Definitely planning on going for the X in 64GB to replace my 7+ in 128 (I'm not even using anywhere near 64GB after a year on my 7+ just couldn't do 32 on it). It's the larger screen size, and of course bigger than the 7/8+ even but in a size almost the size of the non plus models which is what I've been hoping Apple would do since I jumped ship from being a longtime Android user 2 years ago. I'm also on the Upgrade Program so it's ridiculously easy to just say "I'm getting it" anyway. However once I get it I could see myself holding onto it through the next cycle unless there's something really compelling again (like 7 vs X etc.). If it's just a "minor" update like 7 to 8 then I'll probably skip and maybe finally grab a Watch.

The only thing I need to figure out in advance is color. I'm tempted by the white with the black face but the chrome band looks a little over the top. I can't find a good pic/video/whatever yet that shows a hands on with the space gray one to see if it's also a chrome band or not though. Everyone is showing off all the angle of the white one. What angles I've seen it looks like it might be a black stainless like the watches use which would look nice for sure.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice