Who’s getting one?

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Nope, staying with my 7 Plus. It does everything I want it to do and I like the convenience of Touch ID, to log in and to use with various apps. It works pretty much every time. The Face ID doesn't impress me, didn't even work for the guy on stage in the Keynote. Plus the design of the X just didn't blow me away at all. I don't like the way the screen has the "notch" at the top, just annoying when they were changing apps during the Keynote and you could tell how the screen would look with that thing at the top....no thanks. My 7 Plus is great and here to stay for awhile!

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I’ll be grabbing the X when preorders come available. Im intrigued. Just like I was when the 6 Plus came out. Am I blown away? No, but Im still going to get it and use it for what it’s worth.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The title is a dumb question for me...of course I will, although...

1. I HATE the "swipe up from the bottom of the screen" replacement for the home button idea. Too much like BlackBerry OS10 and way too Android-esque for me. Ugh!

Apple could have done better...much better.

2. Apple Face ID is possibly very lame.

3. It'll be the most fragile iPhone since iPhone 4/4s. Use it naked, and drop it...you're toast.

1. I hate the home button, so swiping is fine for me.

2.I'm not a fan of face ID, so I agree

3. I've always loved the glass of the 4s & never had any issues without a case. I'm in love lol

Smartphones are a need for me. I need it for work and training, otherwise I'd have to carry around a Dartfish Rig, big camera, and a tripod. My smartphone allows me to condense all of these things down to pocketable sizes. It's a need for me.

Some people use smartphones for actual, real work ;-)

Outside of that, my phone sits on the charger while I use my iMac, either one of my 2 laptops, my Kindle Fire, my Smart TV, or my PlayStation 4 to do everything.

Since I don't really talk on the phone, the smartphone exists in my life only to cater to professional and training situations. I'm not on any social media or anything, so there is little reason for me to use it outside of those situations.

First of all I use my phone for actual work...that's why I have 3!!!!! I made that comment in saying a smartphone is a convenience because work can be done without. Yes, I would have to carry a ton of stuff if I didn't have one but again it's a convenience.

v6mikey

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Definitely getting one! Not bothered about the face id, screen size, cutout at the top of the screen. Just want the camera. I have a 7. I don't want a 7 plus or 8 plus size phone. I want a phone the same or similar size to the phone I have now but with the better camera. This is the ONLY reason I upgrade my iPhone.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Nope, staying with my 7 Plus. It does everything I want it to do and I like the convenience of Touch ID, to log in and to use with various apps. It works pretty much every time. The Face ID doesn't impress me, didn't even work for the guy on stage in the Keynote. Plus the design of the X just didn't blow me away at all. I don't like the way the screen has the "notch" at the top, just annoying when they were changing apps during the Keynote and you could tell how the screen would look with that thing at the top....no thanks. My 7 Plus is great and here to stay for awhile!

I must say that my 7+ is the first iPhone I would actually keep for another year in spite of a new release. I've been extremely pleased...although it's too dang big.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
1. I hate the home button, so swiping is fine for me.

2.I'm not a fan of face ID, so I agree

3. I've always loved the glass of the 4s & never had any issues without a case. I'm in love lol

First of all I use my phone for actual work...that's why I have 3!!!!! I made that comment in saying a smartphone is a convenience because work can be done without. Yes, I would have to carry a ton of stuff if I didn't have one but again it's a convenience.

It's a convenience for you. If you use that type of language, expect people to assume that you use your phone primarily as an entertainment device. People who use them for work actually consider them needed ;-)

Mspikes82

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I’m with you on the thinking that the iPhone X is fugly because of the cutout. It looks like a Samsung S8 to me. I’ll stick with my 7+ although I was looking forward to handing it over to my partner who is still using my old 6+.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Although I’m disappointed in the space great & silver options, I’m still planning on getting the X. I’ve always hated the home button, so this is perfect Anyone else planning on getting the X?

I don’t know. The only thing I’m really interested in is the edge to edge display.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Touch ID apps will also work with FaceID. Why would you worry about FaceID not working? Reminds me of those who thought Touch ID wouldn't work.

I imagine the fact that it didn’t work during the keynote is what would cause the worry. I’m hoping that was just a one off situation and reliability is just as strong on FaceID as it has been for TouchID.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Since I have a 7 Plus, the 8 is a waste of money in my opinion. No real advantages that justify the cost. The iPhone X, though....I’m seriously considering it. Mainly for the screen. I think it’s a step in the right direction. I’m very interested in the camera capabilities as well. I think I may make the switch to the X. The November release date sucks but nothing we can do about that.

MzDee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I’m on the fence about it. Luckily I have a little more time to decide since it doesn’t come out until November.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm not getting the X. Don't care about FACE ID, I prefer Touch ID, don't care about animal emojis and viewing videos in landscape mode would be too awkward I'm leaning towards the 8 plus. Currently have iPhone 6.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner