Who’s getting one?

MKNicole1988

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus at the moment. I'm not impressed by the iPhone X at all especially when Face ID messed up on stage and the fact that they crammed a 5.8 display into almost the same size as the 7. I like my Plus size but since Apple isn't giving me that I'll be using the Samsung Note 8 and selling my 7 Plus.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Nah. If I were to get a new iPhone, I'd get the 8 Plus over the X. Face ID only unlock is something I'm not interested in. It seems weird to have to scan face, swipe up, then unlock.

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
For the first time since the iPhone 4 I have to say I’m not excited. It’s really freaking me out. This phone seems to be what’s already been out with other manufacturers for a really high premium.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 7 was a never really any better than the 6s Plus, and the 6s Plus was never really any better than the 6 Plus. I had them all. They all gave practically the same battery life. The increases that Apple quotes is based on extremely controlled testing conditions. These things never apply to real-world usage. It's basically marketing material - nothing more.

$1,100 to get rid of a home button? Lol.

The haptic feedback isn't going anywhere. 3D Touch uses it for everything. You'll still have to deal with that.

No smartphone is ever a need it’s all about wants & I don’t want a home button on my primary device🤷🏾*♀️ Haptic feedback is fine for 3D Touch because I don’t have to use it if I don’t want to. I have to use the home button all the time & it annoys me.

I'm 75/25 in favor of NOT getting one so far. Feels like an emoji machine to me which I don't care about at all. If I had a 6S or 6S Plus I'd probably upgrade immediately but I'm using a 7 Plus and I don't see the benefits of upgrading. Face ID is a big factor as to why I'm not too keen on it either. If Touch ID was ditched because they wanted to make a choice between 3D Touch and Touch ID, that is really really disappointing.

I carry 2 devices, so I’ll be transferring the sim from my 6s Plus to my 7 Plus & getting an X. I’ll also probably turn off face ID. We’ll see when I get it lol

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Performance was the best gen-to-gen change ever.
Which I never felt, because these devices are overpowered for any app that I use on them.

I still have an HTC One M8. I don't really notice any speed difference when I use my friend's Galaxy S8, because even old hardware completely overpowers the software on these phones.

Performance is not a selling point for me. I'd much rather a phone that... looks like a new model without having to do a deep inspection.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Which I never felt, because these devices are overpowered for any app that I use on them.

I did. The lack of RAM to coincide with the bigger screen sizes from the 5S to the 6 and 6 Plus exposed itself greatly. Couldn't exit an app and go back to it a minute later without it relaunching.

Not to mention the better materials used in the 6S.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
The title is a dumb question for me...of course I will, although...

1. I HATE the "swipe up from the bottom of the screen" replacement for the home button idea. Too much like BlackBerry OS10 and way too Android-esque for me. Ugh! 😝

Apple could have done better...much better.

2. Apple Face ID is possibly very lame.

3. It'll be the most fragile iPhone since iPhone 4/4s. Use it naked, and drop it...you're toast.

independentvolume

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The title is a dumb question for me...of course I will, although...

1. I HATE the "swipe up from the bottom of the screen" replacement for the home button idea. Too much like BlackBerry OS10 and way too Android-esque for me. Ugh! 😝

Apple could have done better...much better.

2. Apple Face ID is possibly very lame.

3. It'll be the most fragile iPhone since iPhone 4/4s. Use it naked, and drop it...you're toast.

The only thing new about this phone is animated emoji. I think I’ll pass.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
No smartphone is ever a need it’s all about wants & I don’t want a home button on my primary device????????????*♀️ Haptic feedback is fine for 3D Touch because I don’t have to use it if I don’t want to. I have to use the home button all the time & it annoys me.

Smartphones are a need for me. I need it for work and training, otherwise I'd have to carry around a Dartfish Rig, big camera, and a tripod. My smartphone allows me to condense all of these things down to pocketable sizes. It's a need for me.

Some people use smartphones for actual, real work ;-)

Outside of that, my phone sits on the charger while I use my iMac, either one of my 2 laptops, my Kindle Fire, my Smart TV, or my PlayStation 4 to do everything.

Since I don't really talk on the phone, the smartphone exists in my life only to cater to professional and training situations. I'm not on any social media or anything, so there is little reason for me to use it outside of those situations.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I did. The lack of RAM to coincide with the bigger screen sizes from the 5S to the 6 and 6 Plus exposed itself greatly. Couldn't exit an app and go back to it a minute later without it relaunching.

Not to mention the better materials used in the 6S.
Never felt it. That probably has more to do with the apps I run than anything. I don't run apps like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat or whatever that other junk is because I'm not on any of those services. I also don't have any Google or Microsoft Apps on my phone. I download what I need and leave the rest there. I don't even have accounts at those places.

Couple that with the fact that I'm not always using my phone. It probably sees < 2 hours of use a day, and I tend to close the apps out after I'm done with them, anyways (habit).

So my apps have always cold booted when being launched... And the performance disparity was never such that I felt like I needed to let them stay in the background, ever.

I didn't feel a RAM Crunch, but I upgraded, anyways. The upgrades were not that great. Someone in this very house is still using an iPhone 6 Plus that is almost 3 years old. Never a complaint about it. I use it all the time, and while it's getting long in the tooth these days, it's still as performant or more than my old HTC One M8 that I have here (which was the same device generation, IIRC).

tmx31415

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm in for sure. I'll be ordering the 256 Space Gray when the pre order goes live. I have no issues with waiting until then. This will give me enough time to get my  watch series 3 and use both simultaneously when the device arrives.

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Have a 7 and will probably upgrade to a 8 Plus. Wifey is getting the 7.

Deal breaker: the top cutout. It's weird. Makes no sense when watching videos or Netflix, whatever, in landscape and it cuts the actual image. Crappy solution.

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
The design is very Cadillac. Looks like a pimped out Escalade. I know I’ll prpbably get it but there isn’t anything ground breaking or new. They acted like they just invented wireless charging and that the tech is new.

independentvolume

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I honestly think this may be the death nail. Nothing new and hundreds more than the competition. There’s zero reason to get the iPhone 8 since it’s probably the smallest upgrade cycle I’ve seen from Apple in a long time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW