Who’s getting one?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Although I’m disappointed in the space great & silver options, I’m still planning on getting the X. I’ve always hated the home button, so this is perfect Anyone else planning on getting the X?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
2 hours more than the 7, but the 7 had horrible battery life to begin with...I'm really weary now

I’m an extremely heavy user, so my 7 Plus is no different than my 6S Plus. My main reason for getting the X is no home button lol. They clicking use to drive me nuts & haptic feedback is no better...can’t even turn that mess off

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I’m an extremely heavy user, so my 7 Plus is no different than my 6S Plus. My main reason for getting the X is no home button lol. They clicking use to drive me nuts & haptic feedback is no better...can’t even turn that mess off

The plus has amazing battery life, well just have to see with the price

wobdot1972

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
I'm worried about the Face id not working, plus about the apps that have Touch ID, to me the only difference is full screen and no touch button, I'm warming to iPhone 8 plus

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately I didn't come away wowed by the X being that I came from a previous gesture based phone (BlackBerry Z10) so it looks like I may wait until Apple perfects this one some more. Now I'm wondering if the 8 Plus is an upgrade to my 7 Plus which for me doesn't seem to be on the surface.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I’ll still be sticking with my plan of using my 6 plus and just taking over my wives 7 plus when she upgrades in a year. I actually like the all metal design.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I hate the home button & always have so this is a definite seller for me.
Some of the gestures on the iPhone X are ergonomic atrocities (i.e. control center), so that is not a selling point. I hold my phone in my left hand when using it one handed (and no, I'm not holding it wrong :p ). It would be impossible to activate that without using the device two handed (at least not without a lot of discomfort, and a high risk of dropping the device and breaking the new old-glass back)

I don't have an issue with the Home Button. It serves a clear purpose and it served it very well.

I'm a lot more put off by the glass back and how unreasonable some of those gestures are.

In any case, I won't be upgrading this year. The 8 and 8 Plus look practically like iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. None of the other upgrades seem worth it, since I'm not interested in stuff like VR and I would never touch the iPhone X at that pricing, since I'd need a SKU with > 64GB Storage.

I wanna go into a Carrier store and see what the LGV30 feels like. I might move over to that until next year and see what they release then.

I want something that looks different. I feel like I've been owning the same phone for 3 years, even though I've upgraded each of those years... and the iPhone 8 Plus looks practically the same as far as I'm concerned.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm worried about the Face id not working, plus about the apps that have Touch ID, to me the only difference is full screen and no touch button, I'm warming to iPhone 8 plus

Touch ID apps will also work with FaceID. Why would you worry about FaceID not working? Reminds me of those who thought Touch ID wouldn't work.

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately I didn't come away wowed by the X being that I came from a previous gesture based phone (BlackBerry Z10) so it looks like I may wait until Apple perfects this one some more. Now I'm wondering if the 8 Plus is an upgrade to my 7 Plus which for me doesn't seem to be on the surface.

I thought exactly the same, being an old bb10 massive fan I see where they got it from. Not too wowed on the 8 tbh. It's a 7 with wireless charging and an extra glass panel to break. Mmmm

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I’m not wowed at all but no home button is a legit seller for me. Plus the footprint is smaller but the screen is larger. I don’t want to upgrade to pretty much the same cosmetic model I’ve had for three years with my 6 Plus, 6s Plus, & 7 Plus.

queenren

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Not for me. Too gimmicky and not worth the extra money. Possibly iPhone 8 though, if interchangeable with current cases, etc.

This! The price is way too high for those "features". And I like the home button.

Not sure about the 8 Plus either. It looks and acts just like my 7 Plus, other than a few minor improvements.

This feels weird though - I've always upgraded when the new iPhones come out. I might just hold off until next year's iPhone and go ahead an get the Note 8.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

The iPhone 7 was a never really any better than the 6s Plus, and the 6s Plus was never really any better than the 6 Plus. I had them all. They all gave practically the same battery life. The increases that Apple quotes is based on extremely controlled testing conditions. These things never apply to real-world usage. It's basically marketing material - nothing more.

$1,100 to get rid of a home button? Lol.

The haptic feedback isn't going anywhere. 3D Touch uses it for everything. You'll still have to deal with that.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm 75/25 in favor of NOT getting one so far. Feels like an emoji machine to me which I don't care about at all. If I had a 6S or 6S Plus I'd probably upgrade immediately but I'm using a 7 Plus and I don't see the benefits of upgrading. Face ID is a big factor as to why I'm not too keen on it either. If Touch ID was ditched because they wanted to make a choice between 3D Touch and Touch ID, that is really really disappointing.