You're right, I typed it wrong, my error:

8 Plus: Resolution is set at 1920 x 1080 pixels, and it has a standard aspect ratio of 16:9.

iPhone X has a 5.8-inch display but its super narrow bezels and what is thought to be a 19:9 aspect ratio

Also: (screen size)

• iPhone X real screen area: 296,724 points
    • iPhone 8 Plus real screen area: 304,704 points
    • iPhone 8 real screen area: 250,125 points

This means that the iPhone X has 97.38% the area of the iPhone 8 Plus, or simply put, its screen is 2.6% smaller.

And when compared to the iPhone 8 and its 4.7-inch display, the iPhone X actually has an 18.6% bigger display.
    Does this take into consideration the Curved corners, face Id notch and the home gesture bar? I think the difference in usable space on the iPhone x is a lot closer to the 8 than the 8 plus
    09-18-2017 01:24 AM
    Well I can change my yes to a maybe...ordered a note 8
    If my only choices were Note 8 and iPhone ex, I’d probably go Note 8, too.
    nikkisharif and ladyc0524 like this.
    09-18-2017 07:48 AM
    Well I can change my yes to a maybe...ordered a note 8

My hands are greasy tiny little things
    Humm, Tiny greasy hands and the Note 8?...Strange combination?. The Note 8 is a HUGE device...LOL
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-18-2017 08:01 AM
    Humm, Tiny greasy hands and the Note 8?...Strange combination?. The Note 8 is a HUGE device...LOL
    LOL 🤣
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-18-2017 08:32 AM
    I literally just LOL’d🤣🤣
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-18-2017 09:06 AM
    Does this take into consideration the Curved corners, face Id notch and the home gesture bar? I think the difference in usable space on the iPhone x is a lot closer to the 8 than the 8 plus
    Yes, takes in to consideration the corners and the notch.
    09-18-2017 09:11 AM
    If my only choices were Note 8 and iPhone ex, I’d probably go Note 8, too.
    I'll probably end up getting both lmao

Ima rock the note 8 hard 🤣
    09-18-2017 10:35 AM
    I honestly could never do a Samsung device. It's nothing against Samsung themselves or the physical phone design. It's nothing against Android, being a long time Android user I still like what it offers. It's Samsung's horrible skin that they lay over stock Android. If I ever went back to Android it would have to be something like the Pixel just to guarantee timely security updates and new OS versions (which is sad that only the Google sold phone can get those even today).
    09-18-2017 12:56 PM
    I honestly could never do a Samsung device. It's nothing against Samsung themselves or the physical phone design. It's nothing against Android, being a long time Android user I still like what it offers. It's Samsung's horrible skin that they lay over stock Android. If I ever went back to Android it would have to be something like the Pixel just to guarantee timely security updates and new OS versions (which is sad that only the Google sold phone can get those even today).
    On the money... if I ever bailed from iOS it would be the Pixel. I like knowing the hardware and OS are coming from the same company. I think it just works better. Once the 3rd parties start adding their own unique stamp, things get messy.
    09-18-2017 01:08 PM
    No one likes TouchWiz :P
    09-19-2017 12:09 AM
    Is it October 27 yet?
    flyinion likes this.
    09-29-2017 11:09 AM
    1 month left to go!
    09-30-2017 02:04 AM
    09-30-2017 03:22 AM
    I’m seeing third party sellers in my country taking in preorders at a much higher price.
    09-30-2017 04:11 AM
    After having my iPhone 8 for a week now and really enjoying it, I’m not wasting my time buying an iPhone X. Now if someone wants to gift me one, I’ll take it...
    tr1ad and nikkisharif like this.
    09-30-2017 04:58 AM
    After having my iPhone 8 for a week now and really enjoying it, I’m not wasting my time buying an iPhone X. Now if someone wants to gift me one, I’ll take it...
    Same here,
    I drank the Kool-Aid and bought the 8Plus.

I'm quite satisfied ... And the battery life seems to be a little better than the "spare" S8 + just as @Garz mentioned so I'll settle on this for now.
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    09-30-2017 05:20 AM
    Anyone know if the icons will rotate like on the Plus models if the orientation is not locked?
    FaisDogg likes this.
    10-04-2017 08:59 AM
    Anyone know if the icons will rotate like on the Plus models if the orientation is not locked?
    I sure hope so, but haven’t seen a single demo showing that feature
    10-04-2017 09:18 AM
    Same here,
    I drank the Kool-Aid and bought the 8Plus.

I'm quite satisfied ... And the battery life seems to be a little better than the "spare" S8 + just as @Garz mentioned so I'll settle on this for now.
    I am thinking of getting the 8 plus as well. I have been waiting years for apple to come out with an OLED display and now that it is here, I am thoroughly disappointed! The "horns" are so ugly and useless, no touch ID, only gesture swiping since no home button...Just not a fan of it. I am sure once I see it in person it will look better but it rubbed me the wrong way with how they got rid of features and added useless things.
    10-04-2017 11:51 AM
    This will be my last for a while. I’ve upgraded every year since the beginning but I can’t see them coming up with anything more extraordinary after this. All I’ve been waiting for is for them to ditch the home button and chop some of the bezel.
    im thinking about doing the same thing. the x will be a good phone to have for about a couple of years..
    flyinion likes this.
    10-04-2017 10:04 PM
    I had and still have the original iPhone and I’m going to have this one too. I’m looking forward to trying Face ID to see how quick it unlocks the phone. The Animoji stuff looks like fun. The idea of how much better things like Snapchat filters will be is intriguing. The only thing I’m not fond of is the color choice but the first iPhone only came in one color lol. I think I’m going to resize the original iPhone wallpaper and rock it just for kicks. A co-worker of mine was complaining about how expensive it was and that it would be the first time they would not upgrade to a new iPhone. Then he went out and bought a $5 latte lol. How bout you skip the Starbucks drinks everyday and you might be able to get it lol
    10-06-2017 05:41 AM
    Iv'e had my 8 64gb for 2 weeks now, Apple extends my return to 22nd but i don't think i need anything more than this and am very happy with it, for the extra here is $500 plus new case/screen protector.
    Radio and call quality has really improved with the 8, and its very speedy and true tone is good.
    Sure the X will be a great phone but you got to draw the line somewhere, will sit it out.
    10-07-2017 01:26 AM
    Giving up my 8+... Photo quality is just simply horrible with this water colour effect... Same issue with my wife's 7 and the 7 plus I had.

Battery life's pretty decent but just can't make up for the quality... Looks as if it was shot with a 1.4MP camera from a Razr....

And this is either in broad daylight, outdoors, studio lighting (I also shoot with a DSLR) portrait mode, HDR, HEIC, JPEG it simply doesn't matter

Unfortunately there's no apple store in my country.. to take it into, but if the 7, 7+ and 8+ in my household has the same issue, well.....
    10-09-2017 10:39 PM
    Giving up my 8+... Photo quality is just simply horrible with this water colour effect... Same issue with my wife's 7 and the 7 plus I had.

Battery life's pretty decent but just can't make up for the quality... Looks as if it was shot with a 1.4MP camera from a Razr....

And this is either in broad daylight, outdoors, studio lighting (I also shoot with a DSLR) portrait mode, HDR, HEIC, JPEG it simply doesn't matter

Unfortunately there's no apple store in my country.. to take it into, but if the 7, 7+ and 8+ in my household has the same issue, well.....
    I have the 8 plus and I had the 7 plus but I didn’t have these issues that you speak of. I am getting the iPhone X
    tr1ad likes this.
    10-09-2017 10:46 PM
    I have the 8 plus and I had the 7 plus but I didn’t have these issues that you speak of. I am getting the iPhone X
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...t=900&tstart=0
    10-09-2017 10:55 PM
198 ... 5678