I’m so torn this year. I really don’t know what to do. I’m for sure getting the Series 3  Watch. But with iPhone X I’m still on the fence. I’ll have to play with it at the Apple store to get a feel for it.
    09-13-2017 01:51 AM
    I’m so torn this year. I really don’t know what to do. I’m for sure getting the Series 3  Watch. But with iPhone X I’m still on the fence. I’ll have to play with it at the Apple store to get a feel for it.
    Which Apple Watch do you currently own? And which model of the Series 3 are you planning to get?
    09-13-2017 02:00 AM
    I have a 6s, it’s 16GB and is running horrendously slow on storage so I was looking for a reason to upgrade. I never had any intention of an iPhone X but was interested in the 8 or 8 plus.

I watched the launch (which dropped out a lot) and was still interested. Thought the announced prices were fair enough, did the maths and converted the price for UK and thought I’d definitely go for one.

Then go to Apple website and find they didn’t do the maths! Just swapped $ sign for £ sign.

I don’t like being ripped off so I’m not buying one.

I don’t know if I’m alone here but I feel the pricing structure just shows that every UK customer is being ripped off in comparison to every USA customer.
    09-13-2017 02:01 AM
    I have a 6s, it’s 16GB and is running horrendously slow on storage so I was looking for a reason to upgrade. I never had any intention of an iPhone X but was interested in the 8 or 8 plus.

I watched the launch (which dropped out a lot) and was still interested. Thought the announced prices were fair enough, did the maths and converted the price for UK and thought I’d definitely go for one.

Then go to Apple website and find they didn’t do the maths! Just swapped $ sign for £ sign.

I don’t like being ripped off so I’m not buying one.

I don’t know if I’m alone here but I feel the pricing structure just shows that every UK customer is being ripped off in comparison to every USA customer.
    You’re not wrong... the pricing in Australia is insanely expensive.
    09-13-2017 02:05 AM
    Which Apple Watch do you currently own? And which model of the Series 3 are you planning to get?
    Currently own a Series 0 SpaceBlack SS and plan on getting the Space Black with Sport Band Series 3.
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-13-2017 02:09 AM
    Currently own a Series 0 SpaceBlack SS and plan on getting the Space Black with Sport Band Series 3.
    I’ve always wanted the Space Black, it’s super cool. Did it held up well over time? And does the red dot on the crown not bother you?
    09-13-2017 02:14 AM
    I’ve always wanted the Space Black, it’s super cool. Did it held up well over time? And does the red dot on the crown not bother you?
    Yeah it’s a really tough cookie LOL. I actually like the red in the crown, think it looks kind of cool. But being able to listen Music from my wrist over LTE, that’s dope!
    09-13-2017 02:23 AM
    Yeah it’s a really tough cookie LOL. I actually like the red in the crown, think it looks kind of cool. But being able to listen Music from my wrist over LTE, that’s dope!
    Yup!
    I can’t afford both the Space Black and the X. I have to choose one. First world problems
    09-13-2017 02:24 AM
    Yup!
    I can’t afford both the Space Black and the X. I have to choose one. First world problems
    LOL, right?! I’m on the iPhone upgrade program so I plan on doing that with the X and I plan on keeping the X for at least two years.
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-13-2017 02:27 AM
    Well I've made my decision and none of the new iPhones impress me so I've order a Samsung S8 plus, now I need to sell my iPhone 6s plus
    dejanh and nikkisharif like this.
    09-13-2017 04:07 AM
    Well I've made my decision and none of the new iPhones impress me so I've order a Samsung S8 plus, now I need to sell my iPhone 6s plus
    Cool! Enjoy your new S8 Plus
    wobdot1972 likes this.
    09-13-2017 06:08 AM
    Not this year for sure. They have time till next September to figure out how to hide this ugly black misconception under the screen. Keeping my SE for another year definitely.
    zinedine likes this.
    09-13-2017 06:15 AM
    Nope.
    I feel that I can’t justify paying an extra $300 to not have a Home Button and get Animoji.
    The X is an overpriced gimmick, as far as I’m concerned.
    dejanh, anon(5630457) and zinedine like this.
    09-13-2017 06:30 AM
    Yes, I'm getting the X
    TripleOne, swarlos and nikkisharif like this.
    09-13-2017 06:38 AM
    Definitely getting one! Not bothered about the face id, screen size, cutout at the top of the screen. Just want the camera. I have a 7. I don't want a 7 plus or 8 plus size phone. I want a phone the same or similar size to the phone I have now but with the better camera. This is the ONLY reason I upgrade my iPhone.
    This right here. I had the 6s Plus for a year and it was just too big. Love the 7, but the dual camera on the X has me sold.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-13-2017 07:09 AM
    If I get an iPhone this year it will be the 8 plus but I’m heavily leaning toward either the Note 8 or keeping my 7 plus. Just not interested in what the X has to offer, especially for the price.
    zinedine likes this.
    09-13-2017 08:59 AM
    I feel that I can’t justify paying an extra $300 to not have a Home Button and get Animoji.
    That's exactly how I feel. Who wants to pay an extra $300 for a phone just for Animoji? Who's going to like that except maybe teens?
    zinedine likes this.
    09-13-2017 09:21 AM
    That's exactly how I feel. Who wants to pay an extra $300 for a phone just for Animoji? Who's going to like that except maybe teens?
    I also feel like Animoji actually kind of defeat the purpose of Emojis. Animoji is like wearing a mask in public. You look like a fool and in this case everyone also knows who you are. But to each their own. This is clearly not targeted at professionals.
    zinedine likes this.
    09-13-2017 09:25 AM
    This is clearly not targeted at professionals.
    I just made that exact comment in another thread. I use my phone for business and the Animojis are so unbusiness-like it's ridiculous.

If I were looking to get an iPhone for business, it'd definitely be the 8 Plus.
    zinedine likes this.
    09-13-2017 09:31 AM
    I just made that exact comment in another thread. I use my phone for business and the Animojis are so unbusiness-like it's ridiculous.

If I were looking to get an iPhone for business, it'd definitely be the 8 Plus.

The last time a company targeted to only one segment, the so-called prosumer market, its OS died a painfully slow death. Actually it's still on life support.

An OS needs to make the transition from business to play, and back again.
    My business iPhone is all business because it was handed to me as a business tool, but that is not the case for everyone. Some people use one device for all purposes. So if a person sends a **** emoji to their significant other, that person should be able to access gotomeeting the next day or edit excel spreadsheets on the fly.

The day a company creates an operating system that targets itself out of the flexibility to do both, it will go the way of those who previously made that mistake.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 09-14-2017 at 06:09 AM.
    Spencerdl and nikkisharif like this.
    09-13-2017 11:08 AM
    I'm not interested in the 8, so it's X or nothing. The botched Face ID demo does worry me.
    zinedine likes this.
    09-13-2017 11:18 AM
    I'm not interested in the 8, so it's X or nothing. The botched Face ID demo does worry me.
    It wasn’t botched. The only thing that happened was the phone required the passcode to enable FaceID much like what happens with TouchID after the phone restarts or after 48 hours. It worked every time after that. I don’t understand why nobody gets this.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-13-2017 12:43 PM
    It wasn’t botched. The only thing that happened was the phone required the passcode to enable FaceID much like what happens with TouchID after the phone restarts or after 48 hours. It worked every time after that. I don’t understand why nobody gets this.
    Because I find it inconceivable that no one had prepped that phone.
    zinedine likes this.
    09-13-2017 12:44 PM
    Because I find it inconceivable that no one had prepped that phone.
    That prompt immediately showed up on the screen after he attempted it. I mean there is such a thing as human error.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-13-2017 12:48 PM
    Is there such as a thing as a HUMONGOUS human error?
    09-13-2017 12:50 PM
198 ... 23456 ...