Animoji - Raise your hand if you're excited!

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
No, just...no. I can see kids and teens liking it, but other than that, absolutely not.

I use my phone for business and this feature is so unbusiness-like.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
No, just...no. I can see kids and teens liking it, but other than that, absolutely not.

I use my phone for business and this feature is so unbusiness-like.

Its existence on the device doesn't mean that it needs to be used for business.

I won't use it for business. But I will certainly use it for my friends and family.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It's one of those things I would use 1x or 2x to try it out and then most likely never use it again. Even on the iPhone 7 with all the stuff that iMessage has to offer, I literally use none of it but basic send a text or a photo. I am not in college or HS, or dating, or "on the town" and I don't use FB or Snapchat or Instagram, so my phone is my business phone and I can't see sending a Talking Pile of **** to my boss, unless I am giving my notice.. and even that's not a good idea.. burning bridges and all.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's one of those things I would use 1x or 2x to try it out and then most likely never use it again. Even on the iPhone 7 with all the stuff that iMessage has to offer, I literally use none of it but basic send a text or a photo. I am not in college or HS, or dating, or "on the town" and I don't use FB or Snapchat or Instagram, so my phone is my business phone and I can't see sending a Talking Pile of **** to my boss, unless I am giving my notice.. and even that's not a good idea.. burning bridges and all.

If a business phone is all you need, the 8 or 8 Plus is satisfactory. Why spend more for a few extra features you don't need?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

HA!!!! Well I'm a long way off from high school or college or dating or being in the town. But I do use the balloon drops, the shouting, the whisper and the other little bits of fun in iMessage.

And for the two years I've had an iPhone for work, I've never found the need to send a text with emojis, **** or otherwise, to a boss. I use text sparingly at work. Running late. On my way. I'll call you for the station. That's the extent of it. Otherwise I use email, as God intended.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
That's the point, I don't need the 8 as my 7 is fine. If I was going to jump up, it would be for the X for the OLED HD Screen, the improved cameras and portrait mode (front and back), and the increased battery life (2+ hours), etc. Those are some of the new features that seems worth checking out. Jumping from a pristine iPhone 7 to 8 does not seem worth it, even with the trade in program.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Its existence on the device doesn't mean that it needs to be used for business.

I won't use it for business. But I will certainly use it for my friends and family.

I never thought I'd use regular emojis, but I do at times. Just for fun. I certainly wouldn't buy a phone just because of them though.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Animoji

That feature was kinda creepy

I almost feel like we are focusing a little too much on emojies and less on things that "matter more" lol :D Is it fun? definitely, and I'm sure a lot of people will have fun with it. i probably will never use it but hey, always great to have "features" lol.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
If I were a decade younger I think I’d be more excited about Animojis. I’ll probably play around with them for a bit and then forget they’re there.

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I'll probably try it out a few times, and then never use it. Unless I'm texting my kids... :D. But I think it's cool just because it shows some of what's possible with the phone. I can't wait to see what third party apps do with that tech!

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I think it's cute and novel, but it think it will appeal to the folks who want to personalize their messages. Doesn't this function only work on the new X model?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods