My take on the SE3 after a few weeks

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
As I have previously posted, I bought the new SE3 in red and so far after using it as my daily driver for a few weeks, I find myself really liking the device.

The screen is bright, crisp and responsive and I have found no lag when opening the apps I use on a daily basis. It took me a day or so to get used to the Touch ID again after using my iPhone 13 Pro, but no big deal.

The battery life on the new SE3 is excellent and last me the entire day for my daily task including social media post, occasional phone calls and my health monitoring.

The forum factor on the the SE3 is what sold me on the device. I previously had a SE2 that I used for several months after my twin brother passed last May.

The device fits perfectly in my pocket and reminds me of my old blackberry which I always carried in my front pocket. I also love the product red color.

For me this a great value for the money and I think will appeal to folks looking for a compact iPhone with the power of the more expensive models. Just my two cents worth.

May 26, 2022
Visit site
I've had a OGSE, 2020 SE, and just picked up the 3rd gen SE (in Starlight). Enjoying it so far, have had it 5 days.

Spent a little more and got the 128gb version, a Gear4 case and screen protector. I like the wireless charging. I was using a Galaxy S21+, so this was going backwards in terms of size. But I have no issues with it, and I like how it fits in my pocket perfectly. I have large hands, and it feels good in my hands. The size is just right.

I don't mind the Home button. Honestly, I prefer it. Especially for the fingerprint sensor. On the Galaxy S21+ it was built into the screen and Samsung changed the type of sensor, so depending on what kind of screen protector you were using it would make using your fingerprint impossible.

Battery life is good as well, I have to agree. I tend to have it plugged in on my way home from work to use CarPlay so it charges a tad.. but I can get serious battery life out of this so far.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I agree everything OP and others posted here. I used to be a gadget freak who had been updating the iPhone every single year. I do not quite remember why I changed to SE (2016) but perhaps the idea of updated guts in small configuration attracted me far more than bells and whistles, and humongous size.. I thought "this was it"! Then they dropped touch ID since iPhone X and I completely lost interest in any fancier iPhones since then. It was not about the price but a form factor and the touch ID. I use the phone mostly (or even strictly) as a tool. I do not play game, watch movie or any other display-intensive use (not avoiding it but I simply do not have many occasions or needs to access them), except occasional online searching and stuff. Oh, navigation and CarPlay too. I use my phone mostly for communications. Also, as the OP said, I always carry it in my shirt pocket. So handy. But most of all, I use it as a wallet. I use the Apple wallet for for ALL shopping or restaurants etc. Never felt any inconvenience. In Canada where I live, touchless payment is so ubiquitous for a long time so I really never needed to touch cash. I do carry wallet for DL and stuff but no cash in it. If the retailer does not have a touchless terminal, I simply leave there and go the next nearest. In fact, this habit went so well with the pandemic. And for the tap payment, the touch ID is the best, IMO.
Oh, BTW, I picked up a 128GB SE2022 in red yesterday. My 2020 was also red too and I am a male. I do not know why but probably thinking selling it to female market when time comes (although I offered the SE2020 as a trade-in). Where is my next SE?

May 26, 2022
Visit site
I agree everything OP and others posted here. I used to be a gadget freak who had been updating the iPhone every single year. I do not quite remember why I changed to SE (2016) but perhaps the idea of updated guts in small configuration attracted me far more than bells and whistles, and humongous size.. I thought "this was it"! Then they dropped touch ID since iPhone X and I completely lost interest in any fancier iPhones since then. It was not about the price but a form factor and the touch ID. I use the phone mostly (or even strictly) as a tool. I do not play game, watch movie or any other display-intensive use (not avoiding it but I simply do not have many occasions or needs to access them), except occasional online searching and stuff. Oh, navigation and CarPlay too. I use my phone mostly for communications. Also, as the OP said, I always carry it in my shirt pocket. So handy. But most of all, I use it as a wallet. I use the Apple wallet for for ALL shopping or restaurants etc. Never felt any inconvenience. In Canada where I live, touchless payment is so ubiquitous for a long time so I really never needed to touch cash. I do carry wallet for DL and stuff but no cash in it. If the retailer does not have a touchless terminal, I simply leave there and go the next nearest. In fact, this habit went so well with the pandemic. And for the tap payment, the touch ID is the best, IMO.
Oh, BTW, I picked up a 128GB SE2022 in red yesterday. My 2020 was also red too and I am a male. I do not know why but probably thinking selling it to female market when time comes (although I offered the SE2020 as a trade-in). Where is my next SE?

I’m in Canada too. Not once have I ever used my phone or other device to pay.

The small form factor is big. I don’t get why people go insane over screen size, bezel, etc…

It’s not the size, but what you do with it that matters :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711