New 2020 iPhone SE Pre Order Thread

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Don’t rain on people’s parade lol!! They got what they liked & wanted & there’s nothing wrong with being excited about it. Since most people don’t get a new device every year, the 8 probably wasn’t an option. At this moment, this is the best option for someone that wants a brand new iPhone, with a small form factor, & home button for a great price!!

Just curious that's all, and it's not that cheap here still $829AUD for a 128GB.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Not sure why SE owners are so excited over a 8S, could of had a 8 for years, it's same size? Is it because it has SE written on it or just cheaper? Here would be better of with a 8 as it doesn't have intel chip so better reception.

How about because it has the latest chip and at least 5 years of updates?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Maybe 5 years if anyone could keep one that long. You would have to replace the battery a few times too, even if battery health drops 10-15% will be terrible, not good as it is.

https://youtu.be/KRrsIp1kNtc

https://youtu.be/iVVqtKxWoc4

Replace the battery a few times in 5 years? Maybe once. Does the 8 battery magically last longer?

I’ve heard from early reports that battery life is not very good. If true that could be an issue but the people most likely purchasing this are not power users. Besides that I don’t see an issue. Better than spending $1200 on a phone.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Replace the battery a few times in 5 years? Maybe once. Does the 8 battery magically last longer?

I’ve heard from early reports that battery life is not very good. If true that could be an issue but the people most likely purchasing this are not power users. Besides that I don’t see an issue. Better than spending $1200 on a phone.

Also If they didn't use a intel modem i would of got one, as it is same battery as a 8 and same reception as a 7, lose lose imo.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Just not fond of that guy!

Have you ever heard of a tech reviewer that couldn’t tell the difference between ppi and resolution?

I’m certainly not a fan, I find his loud shrill voice jarring and his expertise to be sorely lacking.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Have you ever heard of a tech reviewer that couldn’t tell the difference between ppi and resolution?

I’m certainly not a fan, I find his loud shrill voice jarring and his expertise to be sorely lacking.
I stopped watching this around 3:30. I'm sick & tired of grumpy, unappealing people moaning about things in irritating loud tone.
Maybe that's how it's got to be these days? He seems to have lots of followers.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I stopped watching this around 3:30. I'm sick & tired of grumpy, unappealing people moaning about things in irritating loud tone.
Maybe that's how it's got to be these days? He seems to have lots of followers.

Did you not see the video where he was begging Apple for early access?

It was pretty desperate, probably explains his rage.

No idea how popular he really is, but it seems as though he is losing popularity rather quickly.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I am also thinking about the SE. It seems all the plus size phones that I purchased has terrible call quality. So I am not sure if it’s my area, and my Verizon service went south, or the phone.
At least we have a grace period to make a decision.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Did you not see the video where he was begging Apple for early access?

It was pretty desperate, probably explains his rage.

No idea how popular he really is, but it seems as though he is losing popularity rather quickly.

I just watched a few minutes of "part 1" which seems to be very positive about the SE, so exactly the opposite of the video posted here.
But honestly, I'm also sick & tired of having to watch and scrutinize several 13-minutes videos of the same guy to figure out what is meant to be ironic, or serious, or sarcastic or whatever. I think life is too short for that.
Entertaining review videos are OK, but they should also be informative and not take the viewers for fools.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I just watched a few minutes of "part 1" which seems to be very positive about the SE, so exactly the opposite of the video posted here.
But honestly, I'm also sick & tired of having to watch and scrutinize several 13-minutes videos of the same guy to figure out what is meant to be ironic, or serious, or sarcastic or whatever. I think life is too short for that.
Entertaining review videos are OK, but they should also be informative and not take the viewers for fools.

Popularity waning and frantically trying everything and anything. That’s one way to alienate your current fan base.

It’s what happens when desperation sets in.

Can’t watch him after this video. Its just beyond pathetic, he really believes his followers are idiots.

https://youtu.be/p2psjz9MBpw

Last edited:

JHos

May 4, 2020
Visit site
Ive ordered a 128gb black iphone SE but I can't actually see a benefit to the phone I currently use (oneplus 6). Is it that much of an upgrade? Appreciate any feedback I can get, also what other phones would be better than my oneplus 6 and for the same price of 400-500 quid?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Popularity waning and frantically trying everything and anything. That’s one way to alienate your current fan base.

It’s what happens when desperation sets in.

Can’t watch him after this video. Its just beyond pathetic, he really believes his followers are idiots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVVqtKxWoc4

I watched this vid before anyone posted it here just because I wanted to see what everyone is saying about the SE 2020.

This guy is a foggin ejiot 🤦🏻*♀️

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox