New 2020 iPhone SE Looks Interesting

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Just looking at the new iPhone SE model being released on 4/24, it looks real interesting. I was going to buy my twin brother a iPhone 11, but I think I might be looking at a SE for the price, I think it will sell like hotcakes.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I think so too! My sister currently has an iPhone 7 and she's having charging issues. She has been laid off and worried about the expense of a new iPhone. Since she really doesn't really care much about all the various features of the iPhone, I think that the new SE is a really good option for her.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I preordered one already...I currently have an XS. Looking forward to getting the home button back again, and figured if I don’t like it I’ll just upgrade in a year! It’ll knock down my monthly bill too!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the purple 11 and I’m looking to jump to the SE 2020. I did dig out an iPhone 8 we had and fired it up a few days ago.... today I swapped my sim into it to use as a daily to see how well I do with a smaller phone again.
Truth be told... I’m just so over carrying a big phone. Like at my age I just want something I can pocket and go without worrying about it falling out lol. If I want a bigger screen I can use my iPad mini.
Any one else going from a larger phone to the new SE?

Side note: not sure if I’ll go with the white or product red, but 256gb for sure. I need all the storage I can get

belodion

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I’m not yet persuaded that the 2020 SE has enough advantages over the 2016 version for it to be worthwhile, for my usage at least. Overall performance is better, but not fantastically so. At the same time, I’d have to try to use a larger device one-handed, and adjust to using a Power button in a different, and rather awkward, position. The 2020 is good, but I can’t think of any obvious reason that the smaller body could not have been used again, with improved internal gubbins.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the purple 11 and I’m looking to jump to the SE 2020. I did dig out an iPhone 8 we had and fired it up a few days ago.... today I swapped my sim into it to use as a daily to see how well I do with a smaller phone again.
Truth be told... I’m just so over carrying a big phone. Like at my age I just want something I can pocket and go without worrying about it falling out lol. If I want a bigger screen I can use my iPad mini.
Any one else going from a larger phone to the new SE?

Side note: not sure if I’ll go with the white or product red, but 256gb for sure. I need all the storage I can get

I am leaving the iPhone X and going to the SE2. One handed use on the 8 was great for me and add as a bonus dual sim ability. I’m in for 1

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I am leaving the iPhone X and going to the SE2. One handed use on the 8 was great for me and add as a bonus dual sim ability. I’m in for 1

Sorry for the long winded reply🥺

I also had the X, gave that to hubby and I wanted an even bigger screen so I got the XS Max. From there I went back down to the 11.

That brings us to today I’m tired of using a huge phone. My arm & hand bother me when I use it after a short period of time(1hour). One of my sons had an 8 that he put away when I gave him my XS Max. I’ve been using it for almost 2 weeks, and just popped my sim into it this week to use as a daily. I love the smaller form and that home button....
Who would’ve thought I’d miss using a home button

So I’m on board with an SE too(256gb). I haven’t ordered one yet because I don’t know if I should get the white or product red. Real world problems🤣🤣🤣lol

Spirit Vision Photography

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Sorry for the long winded reply🥺

I also had the X, gave that to hubby and I wanted an even bigger screen so I got the XS Max. From there I went back down to the 11.

That brings us to today I’m tired of using a huge phone. My arm & hand bother me when I use it after a short period of time(1hour). One of my sons had an 8 that he put away when I gave him my XS Max. I’ve been using it for almost 2 weeks, and just popped my sim into it this week to use as a daily. I love the smaller form and that home button....

So I’m on board with an SE too(256gb). I haven’t ordered one yet because I don’t know if I should get the white or product red. Real world problems🤣🤣🤣lol

Color doesn’t matter. It will be in a case.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the long winded reply

So I’m on board with an SE too(256gb). I haven’t ordered one yet because I don’t know if I should get the white or product red. Real world problemslol

I’d go with the white one!! I love the red but I know I’d get sick of it quick.

I’m really enjoying mine. I went from an XS.

I know a few people that went from the XS to SE2 & they love it...Enjoy!!!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I’d go with the white one!! I love the red but I know I’d get sick of it quick.

I know a few people that went from the XS to SE2 & they love it...Enjoy!!!

Thanks Nikki! I’m still using the iPhone 8, but I put my sim back to my 11 today. Dear lawd I’m so back and forth with it ALL! I can’t decide

One thing, I did decide is if I order the SE 2020 I will go with the white so it’s neutral to any cover I may get for it Another concern I do have is portrait mode on the SE 2020 is for faces only...I take a lot of portrait modes of my fur babies so I would miss that too.

🤷🏻*♀️so I’m completely on the fence with everything rn

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Nikki! I’m still using the iPhone 8, but I put my sim back to my 11 today. Dear lawd I’m so back and forth with it ALL! I can’t decide

One thing, I did decide is if I order the SE 2020 I will go with the white so it’s neutral to any cover I may get for it Another concern I do have is portrait mode on the SE 2020 is for faces only...I take a lot of portrait modes of my fur babies so I would miss that too.

????????????*♀️so I’m completely on the fence with everything rn
The camera app Halide allows for portrait mode pictures of objects & animals with the SE, not human faces only.
'Disclaimer': I have not tested it yet, this is only what I'm reading about in reviews. But I definitely will try it out in the next days or weeks.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The camera app Halide allows for portrait mode pictures of objects & animals with the SE, not human faces only.
'Disclaimer': I have not tested it yet, this is only what I'm reading about in reviews. But I definitely will try it out in the next days or weeks.

Thanks G, I am aware of that camera app. I just haven’t downloaded it to my iPhone 8 to try it out as of yet.

Eventually I will get it to see how it functions on the 8.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW