Battery Life Issues

grape8pe

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the iPhone SE for almost 3 years and it's been a great device. Last March I replaced my battery through Apple. While replacing the battery, the tech damaged the LCD and swapped my phone with a new one. Recently the battery life has been poor. My phone is dying with about 1 hour of usage, per the iOS battery page. Battery health is still showing 99%. Here's the steps I've tried:

• disabled background refresh for all apps
  • set push email to 30 minutes
  • auto brightness and brightness at a minimum.
  • wiped and restored encrypted backup through iTunes

Top app usage is usually Mail, Message and Safari, but each of these with less than 10-20 minutes of usage in a 24 hour period. When using my phone the battery will drop 5-10 percent at a time. Does anyone have any suggestions. Do I have any options with Apple?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Wow... that's really awful! I am sorry that you're experiencing this and don't know for sure what your options would be. If I were you, I would go back to Apple. It seems like the battery they installed might be a bad one. Good luck and please keep us posted!

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
You say they swapped your phone for a new one, I didn’t think Apple did that, might you not have got a refurb with a just OK battery ? Anyway back to Apple !