iPhone SE in 2018 is it still good

iosfanatic

Nov 19, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

I have had iphone 6s, 6 plus and 5s. Now I am using android xiaomi A1 android one (stock android phone). It has 5.5 screen and big bezels.

The this is I am tired to big phone. I got 6 plus as an extra phone. I don't even like that. It is really especially when you have bulky wallet, keyring.

So I am tired of carrying a big phone. So I am planning to buy iphone se. The things is I watch videos and aracde games. Do photo editing and stuff. But when I had 6s and iphone 5s I was able to do that too. So I think small screen won't bother me.

Now I want to know. How slow the iphone se is. I am using android phone A1 mention earlier it is way faster than iphone 6 plus which I own right now. The google app, instagram app as slow as hell more over they refresh when you switch between the app.

I need frequently switch between the apps so I want to know ios 12 on iphone se is capable of handling multiple app without refreshing and will 95% battery health on iphone se can last a day with medium usage on wifi. like 2.5 hours on screen time with wifi. browsing and socializing????

Your opinion will help me decide so please share your opinion. Thanks

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I have had iphone 6s, 6 plus and 5s. Now I am using android xiaomi A1 android one (stock android phone). It has 5.5 screen and big bezels.

The this is I am tired to big phone. I got 6 plus as an extra phone. I don't even like that. It is really especially when you have bulky wallet, keyring.

So I am tired of carrying a big phone. So I am planning to buy iphone se. The things is I watch videos and aracde games. Do photo editing and stuff. But when I had 6s and iphone 5s I was able to do that too. So I think small screen won't bother me.

Now I want to know. How slow the iphone se is. I am using android phone A1 mention earlier it is way faster than iphone 6 plus which I own right now. The google app, instagram app as slow as hell more over they refresh when you switch between the app.

I need frequently switch between the apps so I want to know ios 12 on iphone se is capable of handling multiple app without refreshing and will 95% battery health on iphone se can last a day with medium usage on wifi. like 2.5 hours on screen time with wifi. browsing and socializing????

I think you have to decide this on your own. The SE is nice but for me too small for doing much work. A 7 or 8 will accommodate work and have good battery life. The fall release of 3 new models means there are lots of fine 7s for sale.

iosfanatic

Nov 19, 2018
Visit site
I think you have to decide this on your own. The SE is nice but for me too small for doing much work. A 7 or 8 will accommodate work and have good battery life. The fall release of 3 new models means there are lots of fine 7s for sale.

The price made me decide which iphone to buy. The only phone I am getting is iphone se in my price range. Although I like 7s because of dual cam setup. But also I am willing to send more if the experience users suggest me

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

I have heard and seen from iPhone SE users on Reddit that the SE is generally fine on iOS 12. It has okay battery life but for your usage, it might be just fine. Speaking of Reddit, I suggest that you also check out the iPhone SE subreddit as I have seen a couple of people ask similar questions.

The multiple app switching without refreshing is something that should be fine though.
Check this out:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ios/comments/9h653o/how_ios_12_is_making_my_iphone_se_feel_like_new/
https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/9iw26k/is_an_iphone_se_still_practical_in_2018/

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Just read the thread. I am getting SE for sure. What color should I get????

Awesome! Whatever color you want :) I had the rose gold when I had it and I liked that but I also liked the silver too.

For color, I would say that it comes down to if you have a color preference for the front of your phone.
The black front which you can only find on the space gray looks really nice when the screen is off as it looks continuous. I liked the white front because it seemed easier to find wallpapers to complement but that's just me.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Go for it.
I have one on ios12 and it works fine. My daily is the X but I take my SE when I want to save space and have something small to carry in my pocket. Battery life is excellent.
Get whichever color you like and enjoy!

iosfanatic

Nov 19, 2018
Visit site
Awesome! Whatever color you want :) I had the rose gold when I had it and I liked that but I also liked the silver too.

For color, I would say that it comes down to if you have a color preference for the front of your phone.
The black front which you can only find on the space gray looks really nice when the screen is off as it looks continuous. I liked the white front because it seemed easier to find wallpapers to complement but that's just me.

I have the same opinion. I like silver the most but when turned off space grey is classy. I am getting space grey as silver isn't available.

So space grey. One more thing the phone I am buying has a battery health of 95%. How much time will it take it to down to 70%. After 70 I have heard that apple throttles the device in order to avoid the unexpected shutdown

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the same opinion. I like silver the most but when turned off space grey is classy. I am getting space grey as silver isn't available.

So space grey. One more thing the phone I am buying has a battery health of 95%. How much time will it take it to down to 70%. After 70 I have heard that apple throttles the device in order to avoid the unexpected shutdown

I had a Gold SE but any color looks good on that great little device.

95% is really good my X is down to 89% and I’m not a bit worried

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
My wife loves hers. She has had it for just over 2 years. She just updated to IOS 12.1 and she likes it even more. We took advantage of the Apple special battery replacement for $30. Good to go for another 2 or so years.

The size is right for her.

iosfanatic

Nov 19, 2018
Visit site
X is down to 89% and I’m not a bit worried

Wow! are you heavy user of the phone. The thing is X has amoled screen which consumes less battery. Also X has new processor which is really energy efficient. But as other forum members suggest 95% is ample amount of battery. As honestly I use phone only for messaging, whatsapp, fb, discord and discount apps and yes mobile banking app. So I think SE is my buddy. I will call it the little monster

iosfanatic

Nov 19, 2018
Visit site
So I have made my decision of getting iphone se in space grey will use those dbrand skins on my little monster. The problem is the seller isn't picking up the phone. I got the contact from the classified. I am worried. It took me time to make my mind and now when I am finally purchase the seller is away. (worried)

I will post the pic of the phone when I have purchased it. For the time I will be posting live updates :nerd:

Spirit Vision Photography

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
I just received my SE replacement. The previous one was two years old, developed a battery (ghost readings) so T-Mobile replaces it. Grey, 128 GB. The previous one was always in an OtterBox case with a tempered glass screen protector. Looked brand new when I exchanged it.

iosfanatic

Nov 19, 2018
Visit site
Sad News :( . The iphone se is sold which I wanted to buy. There are other iphone se available on the classified but aren't good to purchase.

I will search for more. I have found a good deal on iphone 6s plus silver color 64gb for $300. My mind is changing ;-p

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Sad News :( . The iphone se is sold which I wanted to buy. There are other iphone se available on the classified but aren't good to purchase.

I will search for more. I have found a good deal on iphone 6s plus silver color 64gb for $300. My mind is changing ;-p

Be patient. You'll find the right one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711