No, and that is why I’m not upgrading from my current iPhone X to one of the new models. If I were renting my phone then I suppose it wouldn’t matter, but I purchase my iPhones and then pass them down to family members when I’m done with them.

Having said that, if somehow I managed to damage my iPhone, I can either switch to my iPhone 8 or opt to replace my iPhone X with a newer version.
    Gotcha.
    I may look at selling my 7 and SE for an 8 but I’m not positive. My SE still has 100% battery life and runs like a champ.
    libra89 and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-15-2018 04:17 PM
    Gotcha.
    I may look at selling my 7 and SE for an 8 but I’m not positive. My SE still has 100% battery life and runs like a champ.
    My 7+ is pretty great with iOS 12. I might wait another year to upgrade. I would like the xs max with 256 GB but I don’t think it’s worth the money right now to upgrade to that. But you never know. I’ve caved before.

I do think Apple is pushing the boundaries with their prices this year. But I don’t like android and android has always been a horrible experience from a quality perspective for me. Both software and hardware. Plus I don’t like googles snoopiness. So I will continue to buy Apple products for privacy and quality.
    TgeekB and xanadome like this.
    09-15-2018 07:45 PM
    Agreed. Apple is definitely pushing the boundaries in an effort to maximise profits. I’d suggest giving Android another go. It (particularly Oreo & Pie) is now technically superior to iOS, both in stability and security (go for those manufacturers who support the Android One initiative - those phones get the necessary OS and security updates straight from Google). On the topic of Google ‘snooping’, well, it’s their business model, and so long as you aren’t doing anything illegal, you should be fine. I used to work in IT Security, and honestly, the notion that Apple doesn’t ‘snoop’ on data like Google - that’s just bollocks. They do. They just try to act ‘the good guy’. Quality-wise, Apple hardware is good, but other Android makes (Motorola, Google, LG, Samsung) are & have been just as good, so long as you get the higher-end models. User experience wise, I find both almost identical. Android is more flexible in the support of external storage (microSD) and in connectivity to PC/MAC for data transfers.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and xanadome like this.
    09-15-2018 08:27 PM
    Agreed. Apple is definitely pushing the boundaries in an effort to maximise profits. I’d suggest giving Android another go. It (particularly Oreo & Pie) is now technically superior to iOS, both in stability and security (go for those manufacturers who support the Android One initiative - those phones get the necessary OS and security updates straight from Google). On the topic of Google ‘snooping’, well, it’s their business model, and so long as you aren’t doing anything illegal, you should be fine. I used to work in IT Security, and honestly, the notion that Apple doesn’t ‘snoop’ on data like Google - that’s just bollocks. They do. They just try to act ‘the good guy’. Quality-wise, Apple hardware is good, but other Android makes (Motorola, Google, LG, Samsung) are & have been just as good, so long as you get the higher-end models. User experience wise, I find both almost identical. Android is more flexible in the support of external storage (microSD) and in connectivity to PC/MAC for data transfers.
    I’ve used Oreo on my nexus 6p which went into a boot loop of death after my nexus 5 couldn’t get more than two hours of battery life after the lollipop update. My nexus 9 tablet also died from the bootloop of death. My one plus 3t stopped allowing me to open the google play store. After spending four hours trying to fix it I decided I was tired of spending half my life trouble shooting buggy tech. No offense but if you think googles privacy invasions are equal to Apple then I’ve got some swamp land to sell you. It doesn’t matter if I do or don’t do anything wrong. It’s my life and my business. Not googles. That’s my take at least.
    09-16-2018 03:51 PM
    I’ve used Oreo on my nexus 6p which went into a boot loop of death after my nexus 5 couldn’t get more than two hours of battery life after the lollipop update. My nexus 9 tablet also died from the bootloop of death. My one plus 3t stopped allowing me to open the google play store. After spending four hours trying to fix it I decided I was tired of spending half my life trouble shooting buggy tech. No offense but if you think googles privacy invasions are equal to Apple then I’ve got some swamp land to sell you. It doesn’t matter if I do or don’t do anything wrong. It’s my life and my business. Not googles. That’s my take at least.
    I haven’t used Android for a couple of years so I can’t speak on performance.
    As far as privacy goes I agree with you. I certainly don’t think Apple is flawless, but Google was built to use data they collect on you. If you’re smart you can navigate it fairly well but I don’t want to have to worry about that all the time.
    09-16-2018 04:32 PM
    I haven’t used Android for a couple of years so I can’t speak on performance.
    As far as privacy goes I agree with you. I certainly don’t think Apple is flawless, but Google was built to use data they collect on you. If you’re smart you can navigate it fairly well but I don’t want to have to worry about that all the time.
    I know many folks who have not had the problems I had on Android. But my experience was bad enough for me to move on. Google and privacy don’t mix. I avoid them when I can.
    09-16-2018 06:02 PM
    I guess at least there is a a way for consumers to avoid using Google - and that’s either iOS or using feature phones. Choice is important, and I’d hate to have no choice but to use 1 platform alone. So yeah...
    09-16-2018 07:17 PM
    Yes, avoid Google if you are at all concerned with privacy.
    09-17-2018 12:17 AM
    I'm about to pick up an SE today and give my 8+ to my mom. I was holding out hope that a new SE would show up and save me from these giant screens, but clearly that isn't happening this year. Cricket still has a 32gb model for about $185 so at least I don't have to pay too much for the best phone I've ever had.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-20-2018 03:28 PM
34 12