Has anyone heard that the iPhone SE was too old for newer network technology?

Spirit Vision Photography

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
I was told “unofficially “ by a T-Mobile tech, that he was under the impression that cell coverage was already in the works for being phased out. But that he thought the SE would still be usable for another couple of years. He hinted that the SE-2 would alleviate this issue. Anyone else hear anything similar?

Thanks

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I was told “unofficially “ by a T-Mobile tech, that he was under the impression that cell coverage was already in the works for being phased out. But that he thought the SE would still be usable for another couple of years. He hinted that the SE-2 would alleviate this issue. Anyone else hear anything similar?

Thanks

Cell coverage being phased out? What exactly do you mean by this and what has it to do with the SE?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The SE will still be supported for the coming 5 to even ten years, as it supports 4G. Only the newer 4G technologies won’t be supported, but that’s only natural.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
The only issue on the SE, that I'm aware with on T-Mobile, is that it is lacking Band 71. Band 71 is the 600 Mhz spectrum that T-Mobile is just starting to roll out nationwide, and that they hope to complete over the next two years. Also, if the merger with Sprint goes through, the SE doesn't have most of the Sprint LTE bands (particularly band 41) -- ones that T-Mobile will likely use to further improve coverage and speeds.

Of course, most of T-Mobile's current iPhone's have this same issue -- no iPhone has Band 71 currently (only a handful of phones do support band 71), and most T-Mobile iPhones don't have the Sprint bands (you need the Sprint or Verizon iPhone). On the flip side, if the SE works well for you now, it should continue to work well in the future; you'd likely see some speed and coverage improvements with a new phone, but your current phone shouldn't get worse.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Just because they work for T-Mobile doesn't mean they know what they're talking about. On the flip side nobody knows if you interpreted what they told you properly either ... No offense, just saying ...

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Thanks

It seems everyone was talking about it last September. Check Google for all of the news articles.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal