My teen was charging last night and this am the screen is black!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It won’t respond. I’ve Home + power and nothing. I’m stumped! 🤷🏽*♀️

Connect the iPhone SE to your computer and then fire up iTunes to see if it recognizes the device. If it does, the device is either in DFU mode or the battery or display has gone kaput.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I actually went to iTunes but since it’s got a passcode it’s trying to get me to respond on the phone.

So it recognizes the device, but you’re unable to view anything on the screen. I’d make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them check the display.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I guess so. So you think it’s the display? It’s not got AppleCare though. It was a device given to us after an upgrade and I have it to my teen for her first phone.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I guess so. So you think it’s the display? It’s not got AppleCare though. It was a device given to us after an upgrade and I have it to my teen for her first phone.

Yes, it is my guess that it’s the display, but it’s also possible that the battery may be malfunctioning, but I can’t say with any certainty.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Just curious, was a official Apple charging unit used (wire & block)?

IMHO, I can't see that being the cause. I don't think I've ever used the "official" charger and cable that comes with the devices. Matter of fact, I never used the official ones when I was using Android either and never had an issue.

However, with that being said, as the father of an 18-year-old, "I don't know what happened" is the normal reply to the "what happened?" question. :)

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I’m thinking not. They charge my other devices just fine. She said it fell down the steps but they weren’t the hardwoods and she does have a case and screen protector.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I’m thinking not. They charge my other devices just fine. She said it fell down the steps but they weren’t the hardwoods and she does have a case and screen protector.

I've seen unprotected devices take 20-30 foot falls with no damage, and I've seen protected devices fall two feet and shatter the screen. Sounds like maybe something just came loose inside the device.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I agree with others here, make the Genius Bar appointment and have them check out the phone. Hopefully it's something in software and they can get it to work (and it's not a bad idea to get the battery replaced while it is cheap). If there is an issue, they should be able to tell you what it is and how much it will cost to fix. So, worst case, you try and find another place to repair it, or end up replacing the phone, but it won't hurt you to get it checked.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I agree with the others. Make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple store. This ensures that if you need replacement parts that they are genuine Apple parts. Adding non genuine Apple parts to an iPhone may cause issues.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Appt today.....it’s dead. But an older lady at church will sell me her 6 for $50. She hadn’t done anything to it and I was thinking of fixing my old 6 and giving one to her so she could have ios 13. I should get the battery replaced! I’ll check and see if she has already but yeah before the years out!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2