How many of you will stick with the SE?

ShaneBunting

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
There's a lot of rumours about the SE 2 but as someone whose currently enjoying their current iPhone SE I've contemplated next time around going to an 8 Plus or (it's successor). Though I must admit I am never giving the iPhone SE enough credit for just how much of a punch it packs for the price. The more I think of it, the more I come to the conclusion that it's possibly the best value way to own a current iPhone even if it does lag a bit behind on the big features of the year.

How many of you plan to move on to the next SE or plan to step up to a more pricey iPhone next?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
It is a great phone that I really liked but I couldn't stick with it because of the front camera. I went to the 7 a few months ago and I miss the size of the SE daily.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
It is a great phone that I really liked but I couldn't stick with it because of the front camera. I went to the 7 a few months ago and I miss the size of the SE daily.

And if you go to the X ... It's a full screen 7 (the total size of the device)

I don't mind the size of the SE; if another variant returns so will I (currently have my SE as a spare)

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
And if you go to the X ... It's a full screen 7 (the total size of the device)

I don't mind the size of the SE; if another variant returns so will I (currently have my SE as a spare)

I have heard this but I also heard that it is hard to use one handed which makes me not want it. I'm jealous of your spare SE, as I still follow the community on Reddit. I got another device for reading and it kind of makes me want to go back to the SE since it's so big but that camera though. I'll love a SE 2 so bad though.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have heard this but I also heard that it is hard to use one handed which makes me not want it. I'm jealous of your spare SE, as I still follow the community on Reddit. I got another device for reading and it kind of makes me want to go back to the SE since it's so big but that camera though. I'll love a SE 2 so bad though.

One handed use is pretty simple... With or without the apple silicone case I have ...

Can only hope for an SE2 but I think it's highly unlikely at this point

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I was a hold out and waited for an SE2 but ended up getting the X and in my opinion it’s the best upgrade coming from the SE

The size is easy to get use too and you get a magnificent screen for your money

merlin29

May 19, 2018
Visit site
The SE is my first I phone and the size was the reason I bought it, it has been reliable, it’s eighteen months old and battery life is still at 100%, a brilliant little phone, as it’s reported there will not be a SE2 I will buy another one as backup while still available.

May 4, 2018
Visit site
I am using the 5S for the last 4 years and I am really satisfied with the output it gave me, since the form factor and the headphone jack matter to me a lot I think I would be happy to get a SE and it will still last me a couple of years with ease.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The battery on my SE has finally dropped to 86%. Anything to worry about? It will still be some time before it needs replacing? At what point do you suggest replacing it?

Thanks

Somewhere from mid November to mid December. From January 1st, battery replacement will cost $79 again, instead of the $29 it costs now till end of the year.

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Where did you get this information from Tartarus?

https://www.apple.com/lae/iphone-battery-and-performance/#mn_p

61cbab7fc40481675e3a39ce118897e5.png

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
How do you know? Just go to Apple and ask for a replacement. They also have loosened the rules for battery replacement.

Well according to what you just posted it's for iPhone 6 and later. I'm thinking it means the 6 and going back towards the 5?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It means 6 and 6s and 7 and X

Why would an X need a new battery? I thought all of this battery stuff came when Apple admitted to wrong doings with the battery on earlier models? I will call Apple to verify.

Edit; After reading the entire Apple customer message, it is my understanding that the $29 battery replacement is for the 6 and "older" models until December 2018.

Last edited: