Latest rumor of a new SE, possibly in May

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just got wind of this from an email sent out by Tom's Guide. Apparently, there is evidence of a new SE, and it may be released next month.

Just last month, iMore's Lory Gil wrote this article.

What have you heard (or read)? I'm hoping this is true, because there are so many people who prefer the size of the SE!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I just got wind of this from an email sent out by Tom's Guide. Apparently, there is evidence of a new SE, and it may be released next month.

Just last month, iMore's Lory Gil wrote this article.

What have you heard (or read)? I'm hoping this is true, because there are so many people who prefer the size of the SE!

I read about that on 9to5mac, the verge, and a couple other sites today. It's about time for an update to the SE. I think it'd be nice to do two 4 inch phones. One with last year's specs at a lower price, and one with the most recent specs for those who just like small phones.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I hope it will be true. I got the 7 as an upgrade to the SE like a month ago but I prefer the size of the SE still.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I hope it will be true. I got the 7 as an upgrade to the SE like a month ago but I prefer the size of the SE still.

How's that battery life on the 7? I hated it...

Really hope they release it this time, I've been waiting and most times I'm not a fan of toting around a plus

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

Really hope they release it this time, I've been waiting and most times I'm not a fan of toting around a plus

I had the 8 (non Plus) for a while waiting for the X to be released. The battery left wasn't great coming from Plus phones in the past.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

It's okay but I have a lot turned off and settings tweaked.

I feel the same as you though.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Even though I will no longer order one on launch day (I'm not going to give up my X), I still hope for an update, and will pick one up when I can find a deal on one. It will be a great backup/second phone/play device for me.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Apple registered several model numbers in Europe recently that do not correspond to already released IPhones. One appears from the brief description like it might be a new SE. That is the source of the articles in various media mentioned above.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I got the X but still miss the pockability of the SE but unless the rumored SE replacement blows my mind I’m sticking with my X

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
It’s funny that i was looking this up today online at work. Some say that it may have an edge to edge screen, if it has that then i will be in. A se with the screen size of a 7 would be nuts and perfect if it kept about the same physical size.