Nothing mandatory to upgrade any device. Every person has their own money. It's their choice to use it. It's not mandatory to go shopping for food. but people do it, so they can eat.
    01-10-2018 08:57 AM
    I'm staying with the 7+ and skipping the 8 and X for now. I'd really like my next iPhone to work with the 600 MHz band on Tmobile.
    01-10-2018 12:21 PM
    Never.
    Some people just can’t respect others choices.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-10-2018 01:20 PM
    Keeping the SE is not for everyone, but if it is for you... KEEP IT and screw the haters. I love my SE but rotate it with my 8+, but love throwing the SE in my pocket and hardly knowing that it is there. I find that with the smaller screen that I don't reach for the phone as often as I do the bigger 8+ and I am trying to get away from having my face stuffed into my phone all day, so it helps me with that.

There is a million reasons for people choosing the right phone for them and if the SE checks off all the boxes for you, then enjoy the phone and enjoy the extra money in your pocket
    TgeekB and libra89 like this.
    01-10-2018 02:41 PM
    Nothing mandatory to upgrade any device. Every person has their own money. It's their choice to use it. It's not mandatory to go shopping for food. but people do it, so they can eat.
    Eating is kind of mandatory... but I get your point
    TgeekB and libra89 like this.
    01-10-2018 02:42 PM
    Lol. I think it’s a lot more mandatory to buy food than a new phone but that’s just me, I like to eat!
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    01-10-2018 05:01 PM
    Keeping the SE is not for everyone, but if it is for you... KEEP IT and screw the haters. I love my SE but rotate it with my 8+, but love throwing the SE in my pocket and hardly knowing that it is there. I find that with the smaller screen that I don't reach for the phone as often as I do the bigger 8+ and I am trying to get away from having my face stuffed into my phone all day, so it helps me with that.

There is a million reasons for people choosing the right phone for them and if the SE checks off all the boxes for you, then enjoy the phone and enjoy the extra money in your pocket
    Really good point. I have found the same thing.
    For instance, if I have a larger phone with me I might be checking these forums during work but with the SE I don’t because it’s only there for necessary things. People spend too much time on Facebook etc. during working hours. Having a tablet with us all the time is too much of a temptation.

These are merely my thoughts and not meant to imply everyone should follow them. It works for me.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-10-2018 05:05 PM
    Kind of hard to ignore your wife who’s had the 6 plus for three years and going. Always hearing “Nothings wrong with your phone but you keep changing it”.
    The key is to get your wife the newer phone first, even though she doesn't need or request it. Then you can use it yourself occasionally and decide whether or not you need to get the new one yourself. If not then you buy yourself another year where you can say "What do you mean I am always getting new phones. I am still using this old phone." even though you know the truth.
    libra89, RobertP1 and TgeekB like this.
    01-11-2018 02:44 PM
    That won’t work with her. She’s too smart.
    01-12-2018 07:38 AM
    Mine is smart too, but I think chooses to ignore it. I could have way worse habits/addictions.
    libra89 and tadpoles like this.
    01-12-2018 02:11 PM
    If you’re current phone serves its purpose, why upgrade? I don’t believe in chasing technology.
    01-13-2018 12:11 AM
    If you’re current phone serves its purpose, why upgrade? I don’t believe in chasing technology.
    I agree. A guy at work just tried to sell me his x and he told me that my 6S was ancient. No thank you. It still works like new. Once sites have a hard time loading or apps won't be made for it, then I may upgrade. But she's been good to me.
    01-31-2018 07:42 PM
    I agree. A guy at work just tried to sell me his x and he told me that my 6S was ancient. No thank you. It still works like new. Once sites have a hard time loading or apps won't be made for it, then I may upgrade. But she's been good to me.
    Your 6s and my SE will be supported for quite the foreseeable future.

SVP
    01-31-2018 07:48 PM
    I’ve had every iPhone since the 4. I’ve done all the technology chasing all the way up to the xs max. I traded that for an xs. That’s sitting in my drawer and I’m using a new se I came across. I love it.
    Use what makes you happy. That an iPhone is used as a status symbol is such a ridiculous thing.
    10-03-2018 07:26 PM
    I upgraded my Iphone SE 64gb the minute the new one came out: the 128gb!
    10-11-2018 07:36 AM
    It’s unfortunate there appears to be no upgrade to the SE. I guess it’s just the market speaking.
    I did just upgrade to a (used) iPhone X. I’m enjoying the new technology but I have kept my SE as my backup. It still performs admirably and is on iOS 12.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-11-2018 07:51 AM
    When did it become mandatory to upgrade to the newest iPhone? I’ve had people make a negative association because of my decision to use the iPhone SE over my iPhone X.

What I constantly hear is “omg that phone is so tiny I could never use something like that” or “that’s something I would get for my kids” and most recently “couldn’t afford the iPhone X huh?!” I thought phones were supposed to be for the persons own personal needs not as a trend or to show that you have money to blow? Don’t get me wrong I really like the X, but I just find this form factor so much more comfortable to use.

Has anyone else dealt with something like this?
    I just learned to ignore these type of people. I had my 5s for 22 months and my 7 Plus for 23 months and both devices served their purpose well. I upgraded because I wanted to and not because everyone else wanted me to.
    10-11-2018 08:33 AM
    It’s unfortunate there appears to be no upgrade to the SE. I guess it’s just the market speaking.
    I did just upgrade to a (used) iPhone X. I’m enjoying the new technology but I have kept my SE as my backup. It still performs admirably and is on iOS 12.
    I was curious as to how the SE performs on IOS 12. No change in battery longevity?

Thanks
    10-11-2018 11:29 PM
    I was curious as to how the SE performs on IOS 12. No change in battery longevity?

Thanks
    My battery has great longevity in the se so I didn't notice much of a difference.
    10-12-2018 06:46 AM
    My battery has great longevity in the se so I didn't notice much of a difference.
    How long can you go between charges with moderate use?

Thanks
    10-12-2018 07:46 AM
    How long can you go between charges with moderate use?

Thanks
    Easily a day.
    I’m a moderate user. I charge at night.
    10-12-2018 07:47 AM
    Easily a day.
    I’m a moderate user. I charge at night.
    Cool. I charge in car, at night, etc too. Great little phone. And with 128mb’s, plenty of free memory.

Thanks.
    phlamethrowre and TgeekB like this.
    10-12-2018 08:06 AM
47 12