Update/ Life Expectancy on SE

nestixel

Oct 7, 2017
Visit site
I use Android, and thinking of moving to iOS. I've decided to go with the current SE (not waiting for the updated one), maybe 32GB version. After doing research, I'm expecting this model to be supported for about 3-4 more years, at least. But, SE was not published, or made in typical way. Some people even call it "iPhone for the poor". I want your opinion on update expectancy can I use it normally for 4 years, will it be supported, will it get slow with time, etc. Sorry for bad English, and thanks for reading and replying <3

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I use Android, and thinking of moving to iOS. I've decided to go with the current SE (not waiting for the updated one), maybe 32GB version. After doing research, I'm expecting this model to be supported for about 3-4 more years, at least. But, SE was not published, or made in typical way. Some people even call it "iPhone for the poor". I want your opinion on update expectancy can I use it normally for 4 years, will it be supported, will it get slow with time, etc. Sorry for bad English, and thanks for reading and replying <3

No worries, your English is just fine. Congrats on your new SE!

As for your concern, I believe that the SE will be fine for at least 2 years. Apple pushed the last update (ios 11) for the 5S, which came out in September 2013. Based on that, the SE is ~1.5 years old so you bought it a little more than halfway through the time frame you asked about.

There is a chance that it can get slower with time via updates, but I think this might happen from the 4th year on.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Congratulations on your brand new iPhone SE!
I don’t think it is an iPhone for the poor, everyone has his or her own preferences and needs. Some doesn’t need the X, some prefers the size of the 8, and some adored the SE design.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73