No more love for the SE?

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I am on 11.2 beta. Nothing major, only had one bug really and that was fixed with a restart, but being on beta I am more tolerant of issues.

The next update, 11.1.1 I think, was made largely just to fix the issue you are having. Do it, you won't be sorry.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I haven't had any battery issues at all. 11.2 is officially released as well, and it is working great for me so far (only a couple days in though).

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Yes, update to 11.2.

Also saw this SE 2 "News"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAUETxVLojA&t=0s

The concept renderings would be amazing, but like he says I don't see that happening. Hoping for the addition of water resistance, improved cameras, and maybe wireless charging. The headphone jack can disappear for me, and I would be ok if the overall design was updated to be more inline with the other models. I am ok with it being thicker so the battery can still be large, but more rounded would be ok too. Of course if it is still the same design externally I would be ok with that too. I'm more interested in what's inside.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes, update to 11.2.

Also saw this SE 2 "News"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAUETxVLojA&t=0s

The concept renderings would be amazing, but like he says I don't see that happening. Hoping for the addition of water resistance, improved cameras, and maybe wireless charging. The headphone jack can disappear for me, and I would be ok if the overall design was updated to be more inline with the other models. I am ok with it being thicker so the battery can still be large, but more rounded would be ok too. Of course if it is still the same design externally I would be ok with that too. I'm more interested in what's inside.

I don't really like the renderings, it was just alright to me, but I do agree with you on your points. At this point, as long as it doesn't look awful, I'll surely buy it lol.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Having spent a little time with an X, I do like the full front screen and no home button, but I can't see that happening on the SE, at least not yet. I will pretty much be happy with whatever they have, looks don't matter to me as long as the size and the internals are right.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I just watched Nick Ackerman talking about the SE2.. He is convinced it is coming and it should be good.

I am still rocking my SE part time. I go back and forth with my 8+. I just hope they keep the form factor.

I love the square ends and the classic build. Upgrade the specs all you want. Just keep the 5S body!

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I just watched Nick Ackerman talking about the SE2.. He is convinced it is coming and it should be good.

I am still rocking my SE part time. I go back and forth with my 8+. I just hope they keep the form factor.

I love the square ends and the classic build. Upgrade the specs all you want. Just keep the 5S body!

I agree regarding the form factor... I still prefer the shape and materials of the SE compared to the 6/6s/7/8. I’d be all over a new SE of the same size with reduced top and bottom bezels!

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I think I have officially decided that it will either be an updated SE or X for me (was thinking it would be SE or 8). Got my wife an X and I like it a lot! Don't like the prices, but I can wait for a good deal like the one I got for hers. I will just be waiting to see if and how much the SE is updated. Might make the decision difficult.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR